Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What does 90% accurate mean? You are either correct or not.
An example for me was a friend of mine was quite close to a former player

They'd occasionally share bits and pieces of info, and the info they shared was legit

When it came to player movements and you were given 2nd hand info via in my case a player who wasn't intimately involved weeks or months out it's always liable to change

I guess what I'm saying is sometimes people hear or are given info that reflects what clubs wants or intentions are at a given point in time, and sometimes these things change

My mate at West Lakes was not specific re where players would be going. I simply gave him a list of names and his response was No, no, no, no, no, no and probably (ABN) but that could still hit a late hurdle.

I have posted one previous rumour in the last 12 years (as AFGM) and it was 90% accurate. I was subsequently abused by the usual suspects so I have not passed on anything since then.

The proof of the pudding……..

Which 90% was accurate and which 10% was correct?

My mate at West Lakes was not specific re where players would be going. I simply gave him a list of names and his response was No, no, no, no, no, no and probably (ABN) but that could still hit a late hurdle.

I have posted one previous rumour in the last 12 years (as AFGM) and it was 90% accurate. I was subsequently abused by the usual suspects so I have not passed on anything since then.

The proof of the pudding……..
your last thing about ABN hitting a late hurdle lost me. we would not have announced this if the deal wasnt done. ps its ANB

what's the consensus here on Rosas?

looks like he'd be a good addition to the forward line to me.

Nice seeing him celebrate with Rankine in his YouTube highlights clip!

we will knock that out off him pretty fast

I remember when a friend of mine’s best mate was on The Bachelor. We all thought we had the inside scoop and placed $1-2k bets on the winner, only for him to be completely wrong! Even when you think you’ve got a source close to the action, half the time they’re still so far removed from the truth that it’s just fluff.

What does 90% accurate mean? You are either correct or not.
I think anchorman clarified that

world forum GIF

your last thing about ABN hitting a late hurdle lost me. we would not have announced this if the deal wasnt done. ps its ANB
ABN….possibly dyslexia but more likely my business background 😁.

Whilst clubs can have a broad agreement re a players worth, things can change when the trading merry-go-round begins. If we get less for Keane than expected and Melbourne insist on a mid-second round pick and we refuse to offer our second rounder (formerly Melbourne’s second rounder) then things could fall apart. I suspect that we view ANB as a nice to have rather than a critical trade.

Already in the bag, we've got a War Chest to spend to meet 95%, destination club. Port not in the conversation.
Re: Cumming

Would add a different dynamic to the forward line, if Rankine’s playing mainly mid

That said, not sure how likely it is we land him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst clubs can have a broad agreement re a players worth, things can change when the trading merry-go-round begins. If we get less for Keane than expected and Melbourne insist on a mid-second round pick and we refuse to offer our second rounder (formerly Melbourne’s second rounder) then things could fall apart. I suspect that we view ANB as a nice to have rather than a critical trade.
So ANB will retire if there's no agreement reached which makes it strange why Melbourne wouldn't accept even a F3 for him, better than nothing.

The main query I have with bringing in Luko is that we basically have a similar prospect in Curtin

I know you can never have enough great kicks, but you can also be a bit too tall and slow. One of Luko/Curtin would basically have to play 3rd tall
I just feel like, if a player like Luko indicates he wants to come to us, we get the job done and sort out the chess pieces afterwards.

Curtin is going to be a midfielder anyway, but we aren't stacked enough to say no to Luko at this stage.

and why would AFC put the ANB to crows post on their socials so quick? nah, he's coming and theyve agreed to return a second rounder just like melb coughed up a 2nd for a broken down macadam. the other players who knows.

WILL MONEY SCUPPER ANY LUKOSIUS MOVE?

Jack Lukosius will have to consider whether to take a pay cut or move to a second club as his back-ended contract creates challenges for clubs assessing his value.

The 24-year-old Gold Coast swingman has been told he can assess his options but would ideally love to stay on the coast with his mates under coach Damien Hardwick.

Clubs chasing Lukosius believe he is yet to fully commit to actually moving to a new club and might even be keen to stay even if it costs him financially.

He has two more years of a back-ended deal that averages out at about $850,000 but hits around $950,000 in the next two years.

He could volunteer to take less money — potentially for the security of another season.

But with the Suns in contract negotiations with a bevy of star players it would create valuable salary cap room if he did move on.

Key defenders Sam Collins and Mac Andrew are contracted for 2025 but in talks on new deals, with Matt Rowell and Charlie Ballard also contracted for another year but sure to sign extensions.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide have interest in Lukosius, who does not play a physical brand of football but kicked 39.22 last year.

He would also add some silky delivery to the Crows forward line as he used his foot skills to deliver the ball to Riley Thilthorpe and Darcy Fogarty.

The Suns are hopeful they will sign strong-bodied midfielder Alex Davies on a two-year deal despite interest from clubs including Collingwood.

Jack Lukosius will have to consider whether to take a pay cut or move to a second club as his back-ended contract creates challenges for clubs assessing his value.

The 24-year-old Gold Coast swingman has been told he can assess his options but would ideally love to stay on the coast with his mates under coach Damien Hardwick.

Clubs chasing Lukosius believe he is yet to fully commit to actually moving to a new club and might even be keen to stay even if it costs him financially.

He has two more years of a back-ended deal that averages out at about $850,000 but hits around $950,000 in the next two years.

He could volunteer to take less money — potentially for the security of another season.

But with the Suns in contract negotiations with a bevy of star players it would create valuable salary cap room if he did move on.

Key defenders Sam Collins and Mac Andrew are contracted for 2025 but in talks on new deals, with Matt Rowell and Charlie Ballard also contracted for another year but sure to sign extensions.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide have interest in Lukosius, who does not play a physical brand of football but kicked 39.22 last year.

He would also add some silky delivery to the Crows forward line as he used his foot skills to deliver the ball to Riley Thilthorpe and Darcy Fogarty.

The Suns are hopeful they will sign strong-bodied midfielder Alex Davies on a two-year deal despite interest from clubs including Collingwood.
Further to this, in the same article ☝️

Anyone read this sort of 👇rubbish added into an article before?

St Kilda could still secure a second top-ten pick if Josh Battle’s contract hits a first-round compensation trigger, so the Saints might have an early pick to hand over.

Carlton will struggle to find a way to give up early picks for Houston, while the Pies would need to find a first-round pick to secure his services.

The Power is chasing GWS free agency defenders Harry Perryman and Isaac Cumming, who are yet to decide their futures as the season rolls into September.

The club’s responsible salary cap management means it could retain Houston and find space for the pair if they decided on the Power as their club of choice.

Hawthorn remains in the mix for Perryman, who would ideally stay at the Giants but has bigger financial offers elsewhere.

The Power have half back Josh Sinn off contract next year and rebounder Kane Farrell becoming a restricted free agent so stocking up on half backs is responsible list management.

Honestly, what kind of nufty actually writes 'doesn't play a physical brand of football'

Further to this, in the same article ☝️

Anyone read this sort of 👇rubbish added into an article before?

St Kilda could still secure a second top-ten pick if Josh Battle’s contract hits a first-round compensation trigger, so the Saints might have an early pick to hand over.

Carlton will struggle to find a way to give up early picks for Houston, while the Pies would need to find a first-round pick to secure his services.

The Power is chasing GWS free agency defenders Harry Perryman and Isaac Cumming, who are yet to decide their futures as the season rolls into September.

The club’s responsible salary cap management means it could retain Houston and find space for the pair if they decided on the Power as their club of choice.

Hawthorn remains in the mix for Perryman, who would ideally stay at the Giants but has bigger financial offers elsewhere.

The Power have half back Josh Sinn off contract next year and rebounder Kane Farrell becoming a restricted free agent so stocking up on half backs is responsible list management.
you right its rubbish

Given that ANB is over the line, and I think a great addition, Rosas would be an excellent addition to a forward line that badly lacks pace and creativity. Also frees up Rankine to excel in midfield.
Definite target

Doesn't play a physical brand

Weighing up whether to take a pay cut

Back ended contract creates challenges for clubs to assess his value.

3 things the Suns definitely would NOT want published about the player they are trying to trade.

If it looks like a Bowes deal and smells like a Bowes deal....

So ANB will retire if there's no agreement reached which makes it strange why Melbourne wouldn't accept even a F3 for him, better than nothing.

Why offer a F3 if that’s your logic? Shouldn’t we agree to take over his contract and give them a stale packet of chips.

It’s a bit like Rankine two years ago. ANB has been/is a very loyal Melbourne player. He does not want the MFC to be screwed over. They would like him to stay for one more year to assist in the stabilisation of the club. If we are unreasonable then there is a chance that things could fall apart. A few things have not gone our way (loss of interest from other clubs with Berry and Himmelberg, Keane deal) and ANB is not a high priority for us. My friend expects it to be done but said it’s not over until the contract is signed.

The really bad thing is that if we don’t get ANB then Ned might be around for another year 🙄.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back