Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clam is this a serious post? He’s in his second year at the age of 19 and the games I have watched he has an extremely high ceiling and would walk into our best 22 with ease.
Jake Soligo is 23 months older than Mattaes Phillipou too.

Clam is this a serious post? He’s in his second year at the age of 19 and the games I have watched he has an extremely high ceiling and would walk into our best 22 with ease.
I just dont reckon he’s really done much yet..

And wont be worth anywhere near what st kilda will demand for him if he requests a trade to the crows and the crows say ok..

They will ask way too much for him.

Berry and future first for Phillipou?
Take a mid with our first. Lalor?
Welsh FS with points.
Free agent Perryman.
Swap Keane for Petty (if true Keane wants out). If not happy to keep Keane.

That’d be a good offseason.

Then next year target Goad, Wanganeen-Milera and another free agent.

Last edited:
Unless the $ are irresistible and more than expect to be offered in the market you want to go to

Maybe he’s ok with staying in that cash but ideal is being locked at that contact helps him get both
I’m sure we would have offered the same cash last year when he was unsigned though.

What would we expect to receive for Pedlar if he asked for a trade. Very similar example to Phillipou to compare to. Both taken around the same pick in the first round, both contracted until 2026. Similar career games and stat average.

Take a mid with our first.
Welsh FS with points.
Free agent Perryman.

The only way to describe Taylor Goad's form in the VFL this season is dismal...1 kick, 3 handballs 1 tackle 13 hit outs 3 Frees against on the weekend against the Dogs. Sure young rucks need time but this board see our needs as more urgent than that....He's probably at least 2 or 3 more years away.

Last edited:
I can see him wanting to go, didn’t play last year, sub heaps is games. Reckon we’d get a third rounder at best

Be a bit disappointing trading him out and retaining Crouch and Laird who are incapable of taking opponents on. Berry has his limitations but reckon he can become a decent grunt mid that can actually push forward of the stoppage with ball in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way to describe Taylor Goad's form in the VFL this season is dismal...1 kick, 3 handballs 1 tackle 13 hit outs 3 Frees against on the weekend against the Dogs. Sure young rucks need time but this board see our needs as more urgent than that....He's probably at least 2or 3 pr more years away.
And that fine. He's what 19? You recruit him for what he could be at 24.

Welsh FS with points.
Free agent Perryman.

Yeah, you'd seriously be going to your room with a box of tissues if we did that

Can't believe peoples issue with Phillipou, I don't think he's coming but unless our plan is to tank for pick 1 next year, we should use next years first on him if available.

Of course, we wouldn't have to worry about getting him if the nuimwits would have traded our 2023 first for Rankine and kept the 2022 to draft Phillipou. Kinda looks worse now we spent that pick on a player we think is a full back

He wanted to come back last year. He was very diplomatic but his body language screamed disappointment when Melbourne refused to trade. I am not sure he is coming back at the end of this year though.

They never force them to stay a second year do they? Particularly if they've stunk it up (after not getting it done the first time)

I was too young to know anything about Hinkley. But my recollection of most of others (e.g. Hardwick, Simpson) is that they were above-average players in very good teams, and important cogs in those teams. I reserve 'star player' for the likes of Voss and Buckley. That seems to be the type that gets into the system.

But that's not a predictor of success either - look at Leppitsch (who was a gun).

Anyone who thinks Hinkley only had 2 decent years and that Adam Simpson wasn’t a gun (he regularly lowered lowered Ricciuto’s colours head to head) can be dismissed without a moments hesitation

Yeah, you'd seriously be going to your room with a box of tissues if we did that

Can't believe peoples issue with Phillipou, I don't think he's coming but unless our plan is to tank for pick 1 next year, we should use next years first on him if available.

Of course, we wouldn't have to worry about getting him if the nuimwits would have traded our 2023 first for Rankine and kept the 2022 to draft Phillipou. Kinda looks worse now we spent that pick on a player we think is a full back

Have you seen him play AFL this year? If we'd drafted him we'd be listing him off in the McHenry, Jones, Pedlar draft failure rants. He's been that bad.

Having said this does he have potential? Yes, and I'd like to trade for him but the price would have to be right. I would be putting up Hately level currency to bring him in.

Would we get a better player at Pick 5 this year than Phillipou?

Welsh FS with points.
Free agent Perryman.

Why would you give up a player and first for Phillipou? Yes has talent for sure, but so do hundreds of kids. Right now he's playing 2nds for a bottom 4 side so you're not going to give up more for him than he was drafted for.

Perryman isn't coming here if Hawks are offering 4M over 5 years. Solid player but damn, he aint worth that and we shouldn't be in that bidding war.

Think we have better uses for the Keane pick - if it materializes - than another key defender. We know Petty isn't great forward and not sure he displaces any of Murray, Worrell or Butts. Injuries and trades happen for sure but right now, tall defenders are at the bottom of our list of needs.

Back