Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints I doubt would take pick 10 for Phillipou unless he makes it clear and certain he's had enough and wants out and even then I think Lyon wouldn't let him go in contract after speaking so glowingly of his future numerous times.

I guess it's comparing what he says to how he acts. Mattaes might hear that, but maybe doesn't believe it.

Im more getting nervous we will be tempted to do something left field and random with our pick ~5 this year.

In a draft choc full of prime potentially elite midfielders I feel like Reid/Ogilvie will be allergic to this and want to use Pick 5 to get 'experienced players' like Petty etc.. :sick:
wouldnt put it past this dumb, dumb club.

Im more getting nervous we will be tempted to do something left field and random with our pick ~5 this year.

In a draft choc full of prime potentially elite midfielders I feel like Reid/Ogilvie will be allergic to this and want to use Pick 5 to get 'experienced players' like Petty etc.. :sick:
Agree.

As Mutineer will attest, I’m no draft expert.

But even I can look at the projected top 10 for this years draft and see a smorgasbord of mids to choose from. I can’t recall a draft so deep with so many mids at the pointy end for such a long time.

If there was ever one draft where the bog simple decision is to roll up, spend your chip and walk away with a quality bankable mid then it’s this year.

Would he be someone likely to know?
He's someone who would "possibly" know. He is around AFL footballers more than the average person, but generally works with juniors. Don't know if this is coming from "the horse's mouth", or repeating gossip.

Does that make sense?

What's the age difference?
About 18 months. That would push it slightly more in Phillipou's favour for his trade cost but not dramatically as both are still very young.

Comparing their career so far both very similar.

I would think both would be worth a mid to late first rounder.

1000016161.jpg

Hopefully Tex had a nice catchup with Cumming over the weekend while the Giants were in town... Justin Reid was also at the game. If he leaves GWS, the close relationship with Tex is our point of difference over other clubs; I can't imagine the money/years will be too different between clubs chasing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Tex had a nice catchup with Cumming over the weekend while the Giants were in town... Justin Reid was also at the game. If he leaves GWS, the close relationship with Tex is our point of difference over other clubs; I can't imagine the money/years will be too different between clubs chasing him.
Why? Tex maybe has a year left.

We're the kind of club that would double down on burning pick 6 on McAsey by trading pick 5 for Petty to replace him.

Have you heard he's Cumming?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Our future first could probably get the Freo pick 10. That'd be enough for Phillipou.

Very Very unlikely. Clubs would have a range that they think Crows would finish in next year, lets say 12th-6th or something. Clubs aren't going to trade at the bottom value of that, it will always be the higher. Do you not remember Gold Coast trying to get rid of their guaranteed Pick 10 to ANYONE who would take it, and it wasn't until Geelong's pick 21 or something that they finally offloaded it. Getting a player in sooner has value in of itself, so clubs are usually reluctant to part with picks they currently have, particularly in the 1st round, and especially for picks heading into the next year that are an unknown.

About 18 months. That would push it slightly more in Phillipou's favour for his trade cost but not dramatically as both are still very young.

View attachment 2037307
Either your maths is sheizzen houssen or mine is?

18 months?

View attachment 2037307
I mean, c’mon. We all want to love Pedlar but we have as much chance of getting a 1st rounder for him as we do of getting Harley Reid next year. We were the only ones who considered him a 1st rounder 4 years ago and there’s been little to suggest we were right.

I keep seeing it on here, but are Tex and Cumming actually mates?

This Phillipou chat kinda reminds me of the year before we traded for Rankine. His trade value had seemingly tanked and had been dropped by a terrible GC side. Remember people in here saying a mid 2nd was overs for him.

I'm not saying it's apples and apples, however it certainly stings a bit when 12 months later he's getting pick 5 in a trade (and trade media think thats unders).

And 18 months after that he's literally our best player and probably worth multiple 1sts in trade.

Again Phillipou has a long way to travel to even approach Izak. But if a buy low opportunity arose, I'd kick the tires.

Back