Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I sense Rankine was ok to stay at GCS if a trade didn't eventuate (I recall there was an Instagram post of him with other GCS players at GC while still doing rehab on his injured shoulder weeks after the season ended). Wasn't it reported we were a handful of clubs interested in Bowes although very late and Dangerfield was already in his ear so Geelong was always his choice?

Gibbs didn't explode into flames when he didn't get traded the first time, yeah I'm sure Rankine would've been fine.

It was reported we were interested in the Bowes deal, as we should have been, is was an amazing deal. They were relying on our first rounder so as to give up the other first with Bowes. We had leverage and we were pussies, good list managers make it happen.

Gibbs didn't explode into flames when he didn't get traded the first time, yeah I'm sure Rankine would've been fine.

It was reported we were interested in the Bowes deal, as we should have been, is was an amazing deal. They were relying on our first rounder so as to give up the other first with Bowes. We had leverage and we were pussies, good list managers make it happen.
I'm sure the report of our interest was very late. Dangerfield was already talking to him before pick 7 was on the table and Bowes needed to nominate us, so you were willing to offer him $950K given he was already on a big contract?

It was reported we were interested in the Bowes deal, as we should have been, is was an amazing deal. They were relying on our first rounder so as to give up the other first with Bowes. We had leverage and we were pussies, good list managers make it hahappen
But Bowes chose Geelong though that's why they traded him there and not to us. Or do you mean to try and get in a 3 way deal?

But Bowes chose Geelong though that's why they traded him there and not to us. Or do you mean to try and get in a 3 way deal?
Get gc to test how much geelong actually wanted Bowes.
Give GC pick 23 for Bowes, crows give 5 and our next pick for Rankine and 7
Something like that

Last edited:

You get Bowes to choose us. Promise him the world, bulk midfield minutes and bulk cash. Get all the boys to call him telling him to come. You make the deal happen.

To be clear IDGAF about Bowes I just wanted the pick.

No, he waited until he arrived at West Lakes for that.

I'm sure the report of our interest was very late. Dangerfield was already talking to him before pick 7 was on the table and Bowes needed to nominate us, so you were willing to offer him $950K given he was already on a big contract?

Late interest? That's even more damning for Crows list management. A first rounder was on the table and it was only going to cost salary cap.

You want something of value? You gotta pay the piper, something we've been too gutless to do. We would rather scavenge the bargain basement bin.

Lol, Bowes had zero interest in coming to SA. Neither SA team was even remotely in the frame - the whole thing is in the Stan documentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go watch the doco.

He had no interest in SA, for whatever reason.

Of course he didn't have any interest in SA. But you sell it to him i.e. ram it down his throat (in a positive way).

If it comes with a big payrise and an apprenticeship in pub ownership then maybe he might feel a twitch in his pants.

GC needed us to do the Rankine deal first. We could've pushed him our way earlier and get a look in.

Go watch a stan doco? Just tell me to go **** myself, it would be more polite.

I lol’d because of the reasons given in my post, you contradicted yourself.

As for comparing it to just those 2 clubs, that’s meaningless given all the other players drafted who we could have selected.
Sounds like a deflection without actually giving an opinion.

What is your assessment of the post Pyke era drafting?

Of course he didn't have any interest in SA. But you sell it to him i.e. ram it down his throat (in a positive way).

If it comes with a big payrise and an apprenticeship in pub ownership then maybe he might feel a twitch in his pants.

GC needed us to do the Rankine deal first. We could've pushed him our way earlier and get a look in.

I maintain it wasn't the getting of bowes and pick 7 from our end, it was the foresight to see a deal that coukd be made by being the 3rd club there that also involved our pick 5, F1 and rankine so we could have got that pick 7 along with rankine and then we would have phillipou in our side as well right now.

However, it would have cost us Dan Curtin and right now regardless that he has been mucked around by the club, i see his talent level as a midfielder being one i do NOT want to lose going forward. He will become a very good AFL player imo

Hasn’t Bowes said after the trade that we met with him and we’re really keen to bring him to Adelaide, but ultimately he chose Geelong for reasons

Sounds like a deflection without actually giving an opinion.

What is your assessment of the post Pyke era drafting?
2019 - complete and utter disaster
2020 - below average but still time to turn it around
2021 - excellent
2022 - very good, though I would have drafted a tall instead of Bond
2023 - too early to tell

You just know this dumb club is targeting Luko. I’d expect nothing less from a club obsessed with targeting SA players. And, in Luko and Petty’s case, average ones. The club is so hellbent on finding a ‘scalp’ that they have don’t even care who it is and at what cost. Desperate fools, scrambling to keep their untenable positions. Reid is Nicks, Nick is Reid.

Finkle is Einhorn.

All Phillipou's highlights are in the forward line. Is this just a case of StK playing Phillipou in the midfield in the VFL then bringing him in to play forward like we do with Dowling?

His last 2 AFL games he had 5 and 4 possesions... probably need to watch some of his VFL games to get an idea of how he goes in the midfield.

I think Luko could be a handy stop gap while Welsh comes on.

I think Luko is the Tex replacement - not in ability but structure.

As always it will come down to price. I have many Anko kettles and toasters that do the same job as signatire toasters. But I do tend to throw Anko ones away after a year or 2

All Phillipou's highlights are in the forward line. Is this just a case of StK playing Phillipou in the midfield in the VFL then bringing him in to play forward like we do with Dowling?

His last 2 AFL games he had 5 and 4 possesions... probably need to watch some of his VFL games to get an idea of how he goes in the midfield.
I could be wrong but this was the gist of his managers ( or some manager role) tweet

Last edited:
Back