Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 89.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 - complete and utter disaster
2020 - below average but still time to turn it around
2021 - excellent
2022 - very good, though I would have drafted a tall instead of Bond
2023 - too early to tell
How is 2020 a below average when we got Thilthorpe from it? That alone makes it at least a pass

2019 - complete and utter disaster
2020 - below average but still time to turn it around
2021 - excellent
2022 - very good, though I would have drafted a tall instead of Bond
2023 - too early to tell
To be accurate we need to leave 2019 out, Nicks joined just a week before the draft. That year is still the Pyke era.

Throw in Pedlar, Berry and Cook. They are still pretty good. Certainly not busts.
Thilthorpe is a pick 1 essentially. If he doesn't become an A grader that's a bust. So that one's still up in the air.

Pedlar is trending to bust.
Berry hasn't been able to establish himself as a must play. You can argue whether he should have been prioritised instead of players like Laird and Crouch.
Cook is 50/50 right now. Doesn't get enough of the ball.

Apart from Thilthorpe its looking shaky.

Pedlar is looking like a poor choice for a pick 11.

100%

Like I said on a previous post we have in the SANFL this weekend... ALL 1st round draft picks...

Thilthorpe - Pick 2
Curtin - Pick 8
Jones - Pick 9
Pedlar - Pick 11
McHenry - Pick 16
Edwards Pick 21
Oscar Ryan - Pick 27

2nd round picks..

Schoenberg - Pick 24

Injury List -
Milera - Pick 11
Josh Worrell - Pick 28

100%

Like I said on a previous post we have in the SANFL this weekend... ALL 1st round draft picks...

Thilthorpe - Pick 2
Curtin - Pick 8
Jones - Pick 9
Pedlar - Pick 11
McHenry - Pick 16
Edwards Pick 21
Oscar Ryan - Pick 27

2nd round picks..

Schoenberg - Pick 24

Injury List -
Milera - Pick 11
Josh Worrell - Pick 28
That is depressing reading.

Pedlar is looking like a poor choice for a pick 11.
You should look at that draft though, who would be a better pick than Thilthorpe? I can't see anyone except the McDonald vs TT argument which is not yet answered.

Only Holmes is a better pick than Pedlar, but not many saw how good he'd be. So we'd be better than average having 4 current best 22 players from that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Holmes is a better pick than Pedlar, but not many saw how good he'd be. So we'd be better than average having 4 current best 22 players from that draft.
Tom Powell goes alright.

That is depressing reading.
How so?

TT back from injury is exciting.

Jones was injured and didn't play - so that is wrong.

Curtin/ Edwards/ Ryan - all first year players - show me a team where the other draftees are playing more games - what's depressing about that?

McHenry - I think we've moved past depressing and it's now a bust. I'm happy he's not in the team.

Just a pessimistic take. I can't see the first years deserving a spot yet, they need to develop to get to AFL level.

Tom Powell goes alright.

Ok, so you don't rate Pedlar? Edit: that's fair enough, you already said that too - sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I rate what Pedlar can do. The issue is we don't see it often enough. He's always either injured, unfit or out of form. His field kicking is also horrible.

Don't get me wrong, I rate what Pedlar can do. The issue is we don't see it often enough. He's always either injured, unfit or out of form. His field kicking is also horrible.
very true, he hasn't had a good year this year, but hopefully can get back to form and get back in the team. He's clearly better than Murphy, right now that's his spot but I don't mind him getting bulk time in the midfield in the Bs.

I think Luko could be a handy stop gap while Welsh comes on.

I think Luko is the Tex replacement - not in ability but structure.

As always it will come down to price. I have many Anko kettles and toasters that do the same job as signatire toasters. But I do tend to throw Anko ones away after a year or 2

Luko is 24 and would cost a shitload, he's not coming here as a stop-gap

I thought Pedlar looked very good last year. The coaches have chosen to back in Murphy over him this year. Not sure whether that's because he's actually fallen off or because of our questionable selection and the hit to confidence that brings

I don’t think people appreciate what we have in Keane as either a developing player or indeed his value if he does want to go. Call it dumb luck getting him but he has only played 24 games of AFL is 24 y/o 194 cm and pushing 100 kgs .
He is still learning the game and has intercepted as well as Jake Lever this year.
I hope we keep him but I don’t see why not a late first rounder.

View attachment 2037749

I think people probably do, but if what we're offering doesn't cut it, what can we do? We can't play of Butrs, Murray, Keane and Worrell, so extracting value via trade for one of them makes sense. But we definitely should be aiming for at least their first. He's got 7-8 years ahead of him and will only improve. Plus they want him for flag purposes, I'd be prepared to sell him uncontracted the year after for the uncontracted discount. Up to them how much they want him in their contending best 22.

Last edited:
100%

Thilthorpe - Pick 2
Curtin - Pick 8
Jones - Pick 9
Pedlar - Pick 11
McHenry - Pick 16
Edwards Pick 21
Oscar Ryan - Pick 27

2nd round picks..

Schoenberg - Pick 24

Injury List -
Milera - Pick 11
Josh Worrell - Pick 28
no wonder they beat Glenelg!!!

I thought Pedlar looked very good last year. The coaches have chosen to back in Murphy over him this year. Not sure whether that's because he's actually fallen off or because of our questionable selection and the hit to confidence that brings
His Lack of preparation for this season cf last. Something not right about him. Easily buggered. Poor kicking. I hope it’s just because he got ahead of himself. He’s better than what he has showed this year

Back