Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 89.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel is 27, not 32.
He’d be a good get. Small but can accumulate and has great disposal. Our backline is pretty tall and can carry a small like him I think.
We could do a lot worse than Daniel - in fact we already do with McHenry and Murphy as smalls

Following on from this, you can just guarantee they will take 2 x top end mids if they get that compo pick as B Crouch is all but finished due to injury. I hope Mutineer is right about there being a number of top end mids so we don't miss one with our pick otherwise it will be bleak
I think if Battle leaves for Hawthorn, Saints will take Luke Trainor. Will take mid with other pick. If they go this way, won’t have a lot of effect on our pick, given we shouldn’t be targeting a key back!

Has Rory Lobb ever played as a full time ruckman? I never realised he was 206cm until today's article on AFL.com

TBH I honestly don't think I've seen him play as either a Docker or Bulldog. And being a potential 4 club player is a massive red flag.

But on the other hand, 206cm agile players don't grow on trees, and you'd imagine the Dogs would probably pay half of the ham sandwich it would take to get him

If Lobb comes - Thilthorpe becomes a ruckman without question

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think if Battle leaves for Hawthorn, Saints will take Luke Trainor. Will take mid with other pick. If they go this way, won’t have a lot of effect on our pick, given we shouldn’t be targeting a key back!
If their board is anything to go by, they are not even thinking about anything other than 2 top end mids with those picks and if crouch retires, you could take it to the bank imo

I'm just wondering if another midget is really the answer to any of our problems
A replacement midget, not an extra one. But more seriously this always a knock on him prior to drafting yet he has forged a v good career despite it.
The main consideration is whether he’s still got it or not. Our 2 short people never had in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%

Like I said on a previous post we have in the SANFL this weekend... ALL 1st round draft picks...

Thilthorpe - Pick 2
Curtin - Pick 8
Jones - Pick 9
Pedlar - Pick 11
McHenry - Pick 16
Edwards Pick 21
Oscar Ryan - Pick 27

2nd round picks..

Schoenberg - Pick 24

Injury List -
Milera - Pick 11
Josh Worrell - Pick 28
Our player development is shit.

I think we're floating the idea of Rory Lobb as a red herring.

So that when we land some no-name people will say Oh well at least it's not Rory Lobb

I think we're floating the idea of Rory Lobb as a red herring.

So that when we land some no-name people will say Oh well at least it's not Rory Lobb
'' we didnt **** up''

Now thats a strategy I can get behind

Of course he didn't have any interest in SA. But you sell it to him i.e. ram it down his throat (in a positive way).

If it comes with a big payrise and an apprenticeship in pub ownership then maybe he might feel a twitch in his pants.

GC needed us to do the Rankine deal first. We could've pushed him our way earlier and get a look in.

Go watch a stan doco? Just tell me to go **** myself, it would be more polite.
Yeah let’s make a spud our highest paid player. As if. And all for an extra pick. When we’re trying to improve the culture.

Dream land. Have a crack at the club by all means for the mistakes made. There’s been enough. But don’t have a go over this.

And no good
Lobbe isn’t no good. He actually has a lot of talent. Shown occasionally and is massively overpaid based on that. You don’t get his salary unless you can play. The only way you’d consider him is for a salary dump like a Grundy deal, where the Bulldogs paid a significant chunk of his salary.

Even then, I’m not convinced he’s a need. Or a good fit for us.

Pick 4 and Burgess back for pick 9, 11 + Luko
We'd probably need to give them pick 5 alone for them to take Burgess back.

But (kinda) jokes aside, it does raise an interesting scenario where GC will be looking to get up the board ahead of a bid for Lombard, who I'm sure they would've been horrified to see blitz the carnival and likely move above their current pick 8.

That does throw up some interesting trade scenarios; currently we're at 5, 27 and they're at 8, 10, 20, 28, 31.

5 & 27 for 8 & 10 would be the dream but 5 for 8 & 20 wouldn't be the worst either, especially this year where you can throw a blanket over 12-25. Anyone worrying about moving down from 5, as long as we're in the top 10, I think we get a top tier mid - and a Murphy Reid or Moraes may well end up being better than a Jagga Smith or Draper.

Wouldn't be my preference - rather 2 mids or a mid + small forward/ruck - but Lukosius could also possibly be part of that deal, given he'd be taking up a big chunk of their cap that they'll need very soon and he isn't really a Hardwick friendly style of player.

Back