Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 17, last 8th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 131 87.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we stop worrying about Philipou. He has no interest in leaving the Saints. Zero
I thought he didn't like Lyon because he felt like he wasn't given opportunities in the midfield when he felt he deserved it, then after signing an extension he got dropped for like 4 weeks, which makes it look like he was being given games and once he trapped himself at the club Lyon took the opportunity to teach him who's boss which only added to Phillipou's pissed-off-ness. Rumor is he's told them he's leaving at the end of his current contract no matter what, he's encouraged the club to trade him this offseason because he'll walk wherever, go into the draft etc, doesn't care, and so the club potentially loses him for nothing, so if they want to get something better do it while he's contracted, but he wont be remaining with St Kilda (after current contract).

Buckley can do what he wants, I don't really care, but I agree with people in here saying the Weagles are probably in for more pain. Obviously Harley Reid will be a gun, but their drafting from 2018-2020 rivals our horror run around the same time period. The best player they drafted in those three years is probably Bailey Williams. I understand the motivation behind recruiting Tim Kelly, but it didn't work out at all.
I don't think Harley is gonna stay out west for long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually look a lot more balanced when he plays there
Yep definitely, we need to retire Smithers as well. I know it was a sloppy game against the Saints in wet conditions but I really did see a glimpse of our future. Taylor and Dowling are going to be great players, the thought of Dawson, Izak, Berry, Soligo with Taylor and Billy the kid is exciting. A forward line built around Filthy and Fog is looking dangerous especially if Welsh comes on quickly, I'd be enquiring about Cooper Sharman from the Saints because he's ooc at end of this year and also looks very handy. Throw Dan Curtin in the team, with Oscar Ryan next year and we could be turning a big corner. Rachele needs to get his head in the right space, he's so lost at the moment and needs to find his mojo, honestly I'd be keen to trade him if we can get a first round pick, then lastly get a ruck in. Is Bailey Williams available from WCE? he's not the best ruck around but he's got good skills around the ground.

Yep definitely, we need to retire Smithers as well. I know it was a sloppy game against the Saints in wet conditions but I really did see a glimpse of our future. Taylor and Dowling are going to be great players, the thought of Dawson, Izak, Berry, Soligo with Taylor and Billy the kid is exciting. A forward line built around Filthy and Fog is looking dangerous especially if Welsh comes on quickly, I'd be enquiring about Cooper Sharman from the Saints because he's ooc at end of this year and also looks very handy. Throw Dan Curtin in the team, with Oscar Ryan next year and we could be turning a big corner. Rachele needs to get his head in the right space, he's so lost at the moment and needs to find his mojo, honestly I'd be keen to trade him if we can get a first round pick, then lastly get a ruck in. Is Bailey Williams available from WCE? he's not the best ruck around but he's got good skills around the ground.
Fog has seemed to enjoy playing further up the ground out of CHF. If he keeps going like he has been, then thats his spot going forward and Thilthorpe can do the pagan's paddock 1 out inside forward 50...a very daunting prospect now for any defender with his strength and agility

Surely not many players actually want to stay at the Saints? The most irrelevant club that has ever existed.

Even North are more relevant than them and will get bigger crowds when they get close to finals again.
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Buckley just now on Fox:

“I don’t have my hand up to coach at the moment, but I’m thinking about it.”

When asked about west coast role.

Edit: you don’t think about something like coaching again, and a guy like Buckley doesn’t acknowledge he’s thinking about it on live television, unless genuine opportunities have been tested with him.
He is so utterly despised by the players he coached I’m shocked he is considering blowing up his reputation further by re-entering the clubland fold.

Seriously is there much difference between pick 5 and pick 6 (Rachele, Mc Asey). And yes I do understand pick 6 is historically cursed in AFL drafts so perhaps compare pick 5 and 7 even
Statically, pick1 has a 90% chance to play 100 games, pick 2 has an 80% chance, picks 3 to 5 have 72% chance, picks 6 to 10 have 61% chance, picks 11 to 20 have 46% chance. Picks 21 to 40 have a 35% chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 17, last 8th August)

Back