List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait and see on Caddy. The usual * hype going into overdrive on what was on display last night.

I certainly wouldn't want to miss on a McKercher type and settle for a Caddy type. We could find one with our 2nd pick. Hopefully we could go one better and find a Van Rooyen.

As far as genuinely competing, for a flag, while I'm optimistic, I can't put a time frame on it until I see it happening.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Somone pointed out (apologies, forget who) that a pick around 20 will likely land the 3rd or 4th best KPF in the draft, so the odds of that player being useful are pretty good.

Georgiades at 18, Oscar Allen at 21, van Rooyen at 19 would seem to confirm the argument

Weagles are more than likely to want to take him to the psd

They’ll do it easily with the nose dive they’re taking on the ladder
I reckon the thing that people consistently discount with the PSD is that not many players are going to be prepared to spite the club that gave them a chance by agreeing to go the PSD route.

I'm not much of a punter, but I'm prepared to bet that the chances of a premiership player like Baker agreeing to jilt the tigers by helping WC with the PSD are less than zero

I reckon the thing that people consistently discount with the PSD is that not many players are going to be prepared to spite the club that gave them a chance by agreeing to go the PSD route.

I'm not much of a punter, but I'm prepared to bet that the chances of a premiership player like Baker agreeing to jilt the tigers by helping WC with the PSD are less than zero
mortal kombat microsoft GIF by Xbox

There's been a press report that he doesn't want Richmond shafted.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apart from PC and Comben, it is a mix of terrible and wait and see.

In saying that, if we do win a premiership with this generation of players, these two will be in the premiership team.
Jacobs, Wood and Dumont were good second round picks.

EVW and Will Walker genuinely unlucky with injury but probably reasonable choices otherwise.

Post Brad five of those players were ****ed by injury. (I reckon Mahony would still be on the list if he'd not done his shoulder, probably only till this year tho and mostly in the VFL.) Three of those five are still on the list and could still become good players. In the few games Goater and Bergman have played our backline and transition looks better than it has without them.

We can only hope George doesn't join Ahern and Perez as players who were ruined by multiple ACLs.

We overpaid for CCJ with half of the trade period still remaining and Richmond wanting to trade for Tarrant so they didn't dilute their compo, so the idea that we were forced to pay a good price due to him not wanting to go to the PSD is a bit fanciful. We had so much leverage and bottled it.

Good trading clubs will still use contract status to their advantage, and if it comes down to a straight choice I'd be surprise if players would genuinely choose not getting where they want to just out of some moral obligation.

We overpaid for CCJ with half of the trade period still remaining and Richmond wanting to trade for Tarrant so they didn't dilute their compo, so the idea that we were forced to pay a good price due to him not wanting to go to the PSD is a bit fanciful. We had so much leverage and bottled it.

Good trading clubs will still use contract status to their advantage, and if it comes down to a straight choice I'd be surprise if players would genuinely choose not getting where they want to just out of some moral obligation.
You’re 100% right, but i think the issue is with CCJ or, rather my issues, is him saying how he wanted it to be fair for Richmond.
The problem with that is, how the **** has this guy played anywhere near a level that displays fairness for his output and what we paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this year's draft is very even then we are very likely to have a pick 2 or 3, so that's a top mid plus pick 22 is a key fwd.

Pick 40 for a crumber?

If this year's draft is very even then we are very likely to have a pick 2 or 3, so that's a top mid plus pick 22 is a key fwd.

Pick 40 for a crumber?
Correctomundo! Unless we split our pick, though pick 40 I would say might be used for someone else as I think Will would try and trade in a future 2nd rounder, that way there is an outside chance we could get one of the the two best available small forwards in in the draft as well, being, Joe Berry and Taj Hotton, even though I think they will be gone you never know, only the recruiters have an idea on who other clubs fancy.

Somone pointed out (apologies, forget who) that a pick around 20 will likely land the 3rd or 4th best KPF in the draft, so the odds of that player being useful are pretty good.

Georgiades at 18, Oscar Allen at 21, van Rooyen at 19 would seem to confirm the argument
They're mid first round picks once the NGA rule change comes in.

You’re 100% right, but i think the issue is with CCJ or, rather my issues, is him saying how he wanted it to be fair for Richmond.
The problem with that is, how the **** has this guy played anywhere near a level that displays fairness for his output and what we paid.
I don’t know if he even ever said it. I reckon it was credited to his agent and was pushed by biased reporting.

Yep you are right but there are a lot more clubs that have drafted worse than us in the 2nd round in he last 5-6 years.
All 2nd round picks since 2018. I've added a column of % of total possible games e.g if drafted in 2018, a player would have played 145 games played 123 games if selected week in week out.
Melbourne, Sydney and surprisingly, Adelaide have 3 players who have played +50% of possible games since being drafted.
Updated Incorrectly added extra 22 games from 2018 to drafted players.

1721530873511.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back