List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Marshall rumours are true, and he does want out, there is no way to have a positive spin on the situation. He is a heart and soul type player, leaves nothing out there and is one of our best and most consistent players over the past few years. I don't care how many top 10 picks you get, there comes a point in time where this just wrecks the fabric of the club. We cannot afford to try and get to smart with list decisions. I truely hope battle signs on, and Marshall stays put. We are still gonna get a gun top 5 pick midfielder, plus whatever gems we can pick up later in the draft. Turn over some more of the older deadwood such as jones, membrey etc and replenish with 18 year olds. We have to make our push up the ladder from next year, while Marshall, Steele, Sinclair, Wilkie are all still close to the top of there game, while NAS, king, Owens, windy, Wilson, Pou start to flourish. Build a winning culture, good players will want to come, and that's our only chance of a premiership push. Not loading up on first round draft picks that may or may not end up as good as some of our established stars.

Seb Ross is looking for schools for his kids down in Geelong. He's probably off at the end of the year.
Older Seb Ross for younger Seb Ross (Parfitt)?

This kinda leads in to a couple of interesting areas.

Firstly, would fans really get upset if trades got announced in-season. I mean, like pitch forks and torches march on the club? If Geelong and St Kilda announced that they had come to terms for Seb Ross to transfer at the end of this year, I don't think most of us would be upset, unless the terms of the trade were extremely poor. It would be good practice in that the player gets as much time as possible to make open arrangements, and the fans get to send off a player who has had a fantastic career in service to the club.

Secondly, if we're not averse to trades being announced in-season, why don't we just let them happen in-season? Seb Ross for this years second? Thank you very much. Maybe just put a deadline date on it so it all coincides with the mid-season draft.

Firstly, would fans really get upset if trades got announced in-season. I mean, like pitch forks and torches march on the club? If Geelong and St Kilda announced that they had come to terms for Seb Ross to transfer at the end of this year, I don't think most of us would be upset, unless the terms of the trade were extremely poor. It would be good practice in that the player gets as much time as possible to make open arrangements, and the fans get to send off a player who has had a fantastic career in service to the club.

Secondly, if we're not averse to trades being announced in-season, why don't we just let them happen in-season? Seb Ross for this years second? Thank you very much. Maybe just put a deadline date on it so it all coincides with the mid-season draft.
Wouldn’t be such a huge deal at all tbh. League players switch teams mid season and it’s no biggie.

Wow.
TG we only have one bye.
The testosterone on here is out of control!
And they say PMS is bad....;)
Dunno about that.....

Given the amount of pointless whining on here I would say some posters have an exceptionally high Estrogen level!

Would have thought Seb Ross was a bit young for Geelong.......

I think he was implying retirement? Seb is from Geelong

Nobody said we weren’t trading but it’s a not exactly clear at this stage who will be available. Every year throws up some surprises and this will be no different, clubs ask the question on many players who knows what will happen. Just as an example are we in the hunt for free agents, I guess that depends on battle and the offer he gets.

We’re not exactly light on for experience or quality with Sinclair, Wilkie, Marshall, Steele just off the top all of which are going nowhere and have 5 years left or more.

Had another chance to watch vic metro and it would be a big yes to Jagga there are a few others I’d love, Cole had a good game which is good news. The WA mids we’re good as well so do they temp WC or Fro enough to pick local.

You're all over the shop. I'm saying in 4 years all of our current best players will be retired or on the cusp of it.

Campbell, Ross, Webster, Hill, Wood, Crouch, Jones, Sinclair and Membrey will be 33 to 36yo.

Marshall, Steele, Hayes, Wilkie, Howard and Butler will be 32.

Cordy and Bonner will be 31.

Our guys who are going to be the senior hard bodied core to guide the kids will be:

Battle, Paton, Higgins and Clark who will be 29.

Dow and Stocker 28. King, Sharman, Byrnes, 27.

Henry, Allison and Hall 26.

Then of our kids we have now will be under 25 except Nas and Windhager.

That looks like Gold Coast or North Melbourne. To me we need to play to make finals for a few years and prioritise holding guys like Battle because if we don't hold them we going out trying to replace them in that age bracket just to be competitive. Need to bulk that age demographic out too. Sides with bulk youth tend to be uncompetitive.

To me we are a gun mid and a small forward off top 8 next year. Prioritise getting them in that age bracket or a bridging player and go hard because once those older guys pass 30 we are going to a very young side. Draft and trade to stay up while attracting players in.

Wasn’t it just a pick downgrade?

The pick we got for Hickey from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We traded in Hanners and 28 for our pick 39 and a future second round pick. We traded their pick 28 for the picks for Bytel and Matty Parker. Melbourne took James Jordan with that pick. Our 2019 second rounder went to Adelaide in a trade and they took Josh Worrell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're all over the shop. I'm saying in 4 years all of our current best players will be retired or on the cusp of it.

Campbell, Ross, Webster, Hill, Wood, Crouch, Jones, Sinclair and Membrey will be 33 to 36yo.

Marshall, Steele, Hayes, Wilkie, Howard and Butler will be 32.

Cordy and Bonner will be 31.

Our guys who are going to be the senior hard bodied core to guide the kids will be:

Battle, Paton, Higgins and Clark who will be 29.

Dow and Stocker 28. King, Sharman, Byrnes, 27.

Henry, Allison and Hall 26.

Then of our kids we have now will be under 25 except Nas and Windhager.

That looks like Gold Coast or North Melbourne. To me we need to play to make finals for a few years and prioritise holding guys like Battle because if we don't hold them we going out trying to replace them in that age bracket just to be competitive. Need to bulk that age demographic out too. Sides with bulk youth tend to be uncompetitive.

To me we are a gun mid and a small forward off top 8 next year. Prioritise getting them in that age bracket or a bridging player and go hard because once those older guys pass 30 we are going to a very young side. Draft and trade to stay up while attracting players in.
There are several on there that wont be at the club next year and id say 12 of them gone in the next two years

If the Marshall rumours are true, and he does want out, there is no way to have a positive spin on the situation. He is a heart and soul type player, leaves nothing out there and is one of our best and most consistent players over the past few years. I don't care how many top 10 picks you get, there comes a point in time where this just wrecks the fabric of the club. We cannot afford to try and get to smart with list decisions. I truely hope battle signs on, and Marshall stays put. We are still gonna get a gun top 5 pick midfielder, plus whatever gems we can pick up later in the draft. Turn over some more of the older deadwood such as jones, membrey etc and replenish with 18 year olds. We have to make our push up the ladder from next year, while Marshall, Steele, Sinclair, Wilkie are all still close to the top of there game, while NAS, king, Owens, windy, Wilson, Pou start to flourish. Build a winning culture, good players will want to come, and that's our only chance of a premiership push. Not loading up on first round draft picks that may or may not end up as good as some of our established stars.

1000009111.jpg

The AFL industry doesn't usually report absolute bullshit rumours. There is usually at least some truth to the rumours. It might be as simple as the club asking him if he's open to a move and he's really hurt to clubs have come knocking and sold him a dream of flags.

I'd think with a long contract he's 99% chance he stays because what we'd want and what they'd want to pay and probably a long way apart.

Paddy was one hell of a [player.

As was said many many times.....how good would it have been if he came to us as a 25 year old.

He did some truly incredible pieces of play while with us and his rucking tap work......absolutely sublime.
Huge factor in us winning the only final we've won since 2010. When he twanged his hammy in the final seconds, that basically doomed us for the Richmond game (along with Long's suspension, and someone else's injury?).

Huge factor in us winning the only final we've won since 2010. When he twanged his hammy in the final seconds, that basically doomed us for the Richmond game (along with Long's suspension, and someone else's injury?).
I think it was Carlisle who left for the birth of his child? Seems like we have the worst luck when it comes to availability for finals - Carlisle, Paddy, Long, Membrey, Dougal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back