List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to leave it to chance, bid 7 + 8 + F1 for Stringer to make sure it gets done imo

I took the proposal to Ross... He did not take it well.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So correct me if I am wrong here, but as it stands we are actively shopping for extra picks in this draft.

With our F1 + F2 we tried:
Ess at 9 - beaten by Melbourne with a future first AND 5 round 2/3/4 picks this year
GC at 13 - beaten by either a North first rounder or a port / coll 3way that involves alot of already interested players / picks

So moving down the list of potentially available picks (and ignoring later pick swaps) our realistic options would be:

For 8+27+F1:
Carlton at 12+14

For 27, F1+ F2:
Tigers at 11

For 8 + 27
Giants at 15+16+21

For F1:
Sydney at 19+22

The one that jumps of the page for me is Richmond. They want to spread picks over 2 drafts to minimise risk, and they are already picking at at least 1 and 6. So we offer our 2025 draft hand (roughly a pick between 6-12 & 23-29) for 11 this year. Given what Ess and GC got for their pick, that offer probably isn't enough to tempt Richmond. So I added 27 (not sure we have anything else they would want).

Relies on them getting Rioli, Baker and Bolton done. And I am also sure they would try for the same deal with the later Bolton pick, not the first one.

But something like 27,F1+F2 to Rich for 11 as our next offer?

If so, I can see why we are trying to get involved in the Baker / WCE deal. Gets us into the conversation by trying to be helpful.

But for me our interest in that deal shouldn't be about upgrading to the WCE pick 3 from 7 or 8. It should be about trying to get the earlier pick that comes from the Bolton deal (ie 11) out of Richmond and over to us to add to 7/8.

Just where I would look at this stage
So a F1st, F2nd aaaaand 27???
That's an easy pass for me. It's pick 11, not 3.

So correct me if I am wrong here, but as it stands we are actively shopping for extra picks in this draft.
:

For 8+27+F1:
Carlton at 12+14

For 27, F1+ F2:
Tigers at 11

For 8 + 27
Giants at 15+16+21

For F1:
Sydney at 19+22
For me, Carlton one feels well overs. Maybe F2. Richmond as well. I know we would likely be outbid. The Giants one would get me interested. I can’t get excited about the teens, but that’s a big kitty for Dalrymple to get to work. Sydney one I think is also enticing if they love the options there.

Yep, like that combo a lot. I want Smillie. In general we are undersized. Would love an absolute clearance bull. Kid is a unit.

I am going off highlights only, but Reid looks unreal to me. Pendles type player. These two would be incredible.

People will complain about speed, but we have outside speed with Henry and Wilson. Both could occasionally roll through the middle.

Two absolute ball pigs, we would be in great shape if we pull that off.
I too like Smillie, and am a bit amused that people keep bringing up his lack of speed.
I read the same thing about Dusty and a certain Carlton captain being too slow.
Hopefully they turn out ok too.....oh wait.

Gold Coast spending day after day trying to find a way to sell their future so as to bring John ****ing Noble in. Any one told them he's the Collingwood spud not the dynamite guy, jeez
They're not selling any future they took 4 top 25 academy kids last year, another top 10 academy kid this year, the potential pick 1 plus multiple other academy kids the next year, picks mean sfa for GCS

Tbh as much as I want to get our hands on #3 or #13, I feel confident in The Pimple nailing pick #27. I reckon that’s where he’ll do some good work. Get us a Chad Warner, not asking for much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston deal struggling.
Baker deal struggling.
Bolton deal struggling.

Who wants our Pick 8?

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was always a possibility that this happened
Have offered fair deals and more desperate clubs have come over us, so far have not panicked and sounds as though the field is coming back to the club with 7 & 8.
And if it is not in our favour, we hold.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rohan Connolly -

St Kilda has its sights on Bulldogs veteran Jack Macrae but have reportedly cooled on Port Adelaide ruckman Ivan Soldo, a possible return to GWS for Essendon midfielder Dylan Shiel could be on the cards

Rohan Connolly -

St Kilda has its sights on Bulldogs veteran Jack Macrae but have reportedly cooled on Port Adelaide ruckman Ivan Soldo, a possible return to GWS for Essendon midfielder Dylan Shiel could be on the cards
How many times can they regurgitate the same crap.

None of this is new.

In saying that, thanks for your updates Stav keep posting the info.

They're not selling any future they took 4 top 25 academy kids last year, another top 10 academy kid this year, the potential pick 1 plus multiple other academy kids the next year, picks mean sfa for GCS
I guess. But if it's true that North offered them their F1, then there's every chance they're choosing Noble and a pick around 10-15 over pick 1 next year. I don't know, seems dumb.

Rohan Connolly -

Should be a ban on starting a sentence with St Kilda and ending it with Dylan Shiel at this time of year

He's possibly currently better than Macrae & younger.
Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 9.33.20 pm.png

Both played out of position this year, I think Kennedy has more versatility going forward but Mac is clearly the better mid. Don't mind that Mac is older, it ensures he is handing the midfield reigns over in the next 2-3 years. Our young mids probably learn a lot more from Mac than they do Kennedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back