List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know who, but both rated top 10/11 by most.
But so are plenty of others ... I think from after our pick 8 clubs will start picking for needs

For instance .... if Melbourne jump at Langford or Smillie for 5 as a long term Petracca/Oliver replacement they will probably looks at KPP at pick 9

North take Tauru at 6 ... they also might have 10 or 11 and may still go another KPP considering they are stacked for mids or maybe Travaglia

Then there is pick 11 .... currently Freo's but could go elsewhere?

Carlton at 12 are supposedly keen on Travaglia / Lindsay / Berry ... according to Blues board .... unless of course they might somehow grab 3 for 12 & 14

We would be next up at 13 ... Reid could be still on the table

Guess we will know more soon anyway

So a F1st, F2nd aaaaand 27???
That's an easy pass for me. It's pick 11, not 3.
Okay let me have another go there

The Baker deal is the clear opportunity to improve picks. Freo are happy to sit by with their 3 pick offer for Baker and Bolton. Means WC have to blink first (Richmond are tied up with Rioli anyway)

So how do we unlock the Baker deal using WC current picks (given Freo will hold meaning there is no way WC get 11 to flick to us in the sequencing we need)

2024 draft hand?
WC can offer us 3 and 26 for 7/8. Absolutely no chance they do it for one pick, and no way we should do it for both. Non starter

WCE futures?
WC F1 for 7? Negligent not to look at it, but we clearly want out of next years draft and doesnt improve us this year.
3, F1 and 26 for 7 and 8? Neither team is probably really happy with that. So again no.

Our future hand?
WC 3 for 8 and our F1? WC turns 3 into Baker and 8 (or Baker and a Saints F1 depending on what Richmond want). They are happy. Unders for us though

Combination?
Would WC bite at 3 and F1 for 8, 27 and our F1 and F2? Doubt it, but would be nice to have that sitting on the table, watching the clock run down.

So for the cost of 2 second rounders it buys us an upgrade from pick 8-10ish, to a top 3 pick 2 years in a row.

Richmond would want that, as its a better deal for Baker then Freo are offering

WC get a bit screwed (turning 2 top 3 picks into 8 or our F1, Baker and two second rounders). But that could be the difference between them getting Baker and him going to Freo. Ultimately their choice

Leaves us with 3 and 7 this year, and WCE F1 and our 3rd /4th rounders next year. I prefer that to 7,8, 27 this year, and our future 1&2

How would you feel about paying a second rounder each year to go from Lindsay to Jagga / FOS this year, and from 10 to 2 or 3 next year?

Last edited:
But so are plenty of others ... I think from after our pick 8 clubs will start picking for needs

For instance .... if Melbourne jump at Langford or Smillie for 5 as a long term Petracca/Oliver replacement they will probably looks at KPP at pick 9

North take Tauru at 6 ... they also might have 10 or 11 and may still go another KPP considering they are stacked for mids or maybe Travaglia

Carlton at 12 are supposedly keen on Travaglia / Lindsay / Berry ... according to Blues board .... unless of course they might somehow grab 3 for 12 & 14

If Reid's lack of pace is an issue, could slide, but so could Langford & Smillie based on that.

North's F2 for letting them jump to 8 from 10/11 would be juicy

The Baker deal is the clear opportunity to improve picks. Freo are happy to sit by with their 3 pick offer for Baker and Bolton. Means WC have to blink first (Richmond are tied up with Rioli anyway)

So how do we unlock the Baker deal using WC current picks (given Freo will hold meaning there is no way WC get 11 to flick to us in the sequencing we need)

2024 draft hand?
WC can offer us 3 and 26 for 7/8. Absolutely no chance they do it for one pick, and no way we should do it for both. Non starter

WCE futures?
WC F1 for 7? Negligent not to look at it, but we clearly want out of next years draft and doesnt improve us this year.
3, F1 and 26 for 7 and 8? Neither team is probably really happy with that. So again no.

Our future hand?
WC 3 for 8 and our F1? WC turns 3 into Baker and 8 (or Baker and a Saints F1 depending on what Richmond want). They are happy. Unders for us though

Combination?
Would WC bite at 3 and F1 for 8, 27 and our F1 and F2? Doubt it, but would be nice to have that sitting on the table, watching the clock run down.

So for the cost of 2 second rounders it buys us an upgrade from pick 8-10ish, to a top 3 pick 2 years in a row.

WC get a bit screwed (turning 2 top 3 picks into 8 or our F1, Baker and two second rounders). But that could be the difference between them getting Baker and him going to Freo. Ultimately their choice

Leaves us with 3 and 7 this year, and WCE F1 and our 3/4 rounders next year. I prefer that to 7,8, 27 this year, and our future 1&2
Get 3 to lose 8 & 27 in this strong draft, not sure really

North's F2 for letting them jump to 8 from 10/11 would be juicy
We got a F2 going from 18 to 19 last year .... I would want more than that at that range especially when North might be eyeing someone off that we want or even Melbourne wants at pick 9 .... cough up Norf

Last edited:
If Reid's lack of pace is an issue, could slide, but so could Langford & Smillie based on that.
Clubs nkw probably look at Bont & Cripps and know that pace isn't everything for inside bulls their size ..... also Reid isn't as slow as has been cited .... he can put his foot down when required .... also his vision/smarts make up for any perceived lack of pace ..... bit like Pendlebury / Sidebottom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs nkw probably look at Bont & Cripps and know that pace isn't everything for inside bulls their size ..... also Reid isn't as slow as has been cited .... he can put his foot down when required .... also his vision/smarts make up for any perceived lack of pace ..... bit like Pendlebury / Sidebottom
Pendlebury is also 191cm

Do we need a Sidebottom and is a Sidebottom-type worth a top 10 pick? I'd rather just get Jesse Dattoli in the second round if we were looking for a Sidebottom-type - similar elite footy IQ and Dattoli is dual-footed

Use top 10 picks on game-changing players

Still a few swaps to go but looking at the picks (inside 47 only) that will be swallowed for Ashcroft Lombard Kako Marshall... something like:

32, 34, 42, 43, 45 from Bris
30-odd, 39, 41 from GC (said to be giving 23 and get 30-odd back in the Rioli trade, and giving 29 gaining 39 in Noble trade - but now that's scuppered who knows)
28 31 from Ess

If that happens I think
47 becomes ~41 (10 picks swallowed 4 picks added)
27 becomes ~31 (0 picks swallowed 4 picks added)

So at the end of the day there will only be 9 picks between our beloved 27 and throwaway 47. F3 for Macrae?

Pendlebury is also 191cm

Do we need a Sidebottom and is a Sidebottom-type worth a top 10 pick? I'd rather just get Jesse Dattoli in the second round if we were looking for a Sidebottom-type - similar elite footy IQ and Dattoli is dual-footed

Use top 10 picks on game-changing players
Reid isn't a game changer?

Looked pretty game changing for Vic Metro & Sandringham this year

Who are the game changers in the draft nr pick 7 & 8?

2024 draft hand?

WCE futures?

Our future hand?

Combination?

Leaves us with 3 and 7 this year, and WCE F1 and our 3rd /4th rounders next year. I prefer that to 7,8, 27 this year, and our future 1&2

How would you feel about paying a second rounder each year to go from Lindsay to Jagga / FOS this year, and from 10 to 2 or 3 next year?
Ok. Sounds peachy then. A bit too peachy if I'm honest.

Rohan Connolly -

St Kilda has its sights on Bulldogs veteran Jack Macrae but have reportedly cooled on Port Adelaide ruckman Ivan Soldo, a possible return to GWS for Essendon midfielder Dylan Shiel could be on the cards
I initially read that as Saints were interested in Shiel again. That’s trade week/weeks for you.

If Melbourne don’t nail 5 & 9 then they are buggered.

Old list. Their champs are in decline. A club with internal fractures.

They have nothing else this year and have mortgaged much of next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing for Saints. Don’t nail pick 7 and 8 and you’re stuffed with the Tasmania compromised drafts incoming.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back