List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea but seems like we're not trading for one. Guess we'll keep a list spot open and invite a couple to train with us in the pre-season
If that's our approach we're likely not going to have a genuine AFL caliber ruckman to support Ro next year. The only one that makes sense is to get Preuss and hope by some miracle his body stays together for 12 months.

So many clubs are throwing away their future for the now!

And it's not like they are picking up an Ablett or a Judd, they are B graders or pick up grades in one of the most even drafts ever.

Very strange.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the cloud that is Tasmania and there stranglehold in all likelihood of drafts 26-30 is forcing teams to try and be proactive negatively or positively.

With next years draft being heavily compromised by Academy as well this could quite possibly the last so called cleanish draft from compromise for the next half a decade

I like keeping our powder dry for the draft, the word is two KPP in the first 5 picks, plus an Ashcroft bid.

Even that could change between now and then, could Trainor climb the boards again?
So Norf and Dees looking at Tauru and Armstrong then.

What was with our Lions swap today? I'm finding it hard to understand this trade period. I was sure we'd trade our F1 in some capacity, now our 3rd pick could be in danger of a bid with that downgrade.

I know we can trade right up until our pick, but it feels like we are just riding the wait and see train and I'd love to see some sort of strategy for us to know wtf is going on.

So many clubs are throwing away their future for the now!

And it's not like they are picking up an Ablett or a Judd, they are B graders or pick up grades in one of the most even drafts ever.

Very strange.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We should be licking our lips

It will favor us in the long term

Also I think a few here are overrating Houston ... good player no doubt ... but he is not going to magically thrust the Pies back into Premiership contention

Pendles / Sidebottom / Howe / Cox / Elliott / Mihocek / Hoskin-E / Mitchell / Crisp ..... all 31 yo or older ...... McStay & Cameron turn 30 during next season .... and their youth coming through looks average

So what are we doing in terms of rucks? We look absolutely deficient in that area now.
An untried player is only untried until they're not. Heath will be fine. He’s already a Darcy Fort level of player, only 10 years younger.
In VFL round 12 Fort went head to head with moose while Campbell didn’t play, and moose had 19 disposals and 24 hit outs to Forts 14 disposals 25 hit outs, and Fort was the premiership ruckman this year.
I would prefer to keep heath as backup and draft a Dodson type to develop under him.

Having a crack at Brodie Kemp from the Blues, must be because of the point, to win us the game?
He's below ave. in spoils & ave. in intercept marks.

Last edited:
Wasn't Kemp the one who missed a sitter right in front which would've won the game for Carlton in the final round? Only to see the ball go down the other end for Higgins to goal? Surely Macrae needs to be the priority signing.

Edit: dead set, go to the AFL app, round 24 and find our game. Watch the final 2 minute video. Battle gives Kemp a soft free directly in front 20m out, Kemp sprays it. I swear sometimes we can't even be saved from ourselves...
Because he miskicks a ball once?
I saw Lockett kick it out on the full a few times but he still had some good games.

So, 32 & 45 for 27. Not sure I like it. Staff writer? saying that 32 will go on Macrae? definately don't like that. 45 & 47 for academy bids?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Morris reading Bigfooty again lol

Anyways I took a look at some player agencies and I’m pretty certain this was the bloke SOS was with

Unsure which players he manages however.

View attachment 2142590
I reckon they pay a whole lot of trainee journos $$$ to read the BF page of every club.

Good detective work by the way.
Interested to find out who he manages.

Nah trade them both.

It’s been pretty boring.

I want some excitement.

(I’m joking)
What I mean by that is that I DGAF if we trade 32 for Macrae, the 40, s come in to the thirties, we pick Garcia up in the 50's, Battle at 39 and he just got us 8.
Macrae
Slider
Cole
Hoffman
Peckett

Will do me.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back