List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is do we try to shift up with 8 and 32 and/or F2, or to split 8 for two teens?

I think 32 is in the danger zone for a bid on Cole. It shouldn't be in my opinion, but a club may go early.

I'd feel more comfortable moving that pick with our F1 and seeing what we end up with.

I would rather keep 8 instead of trading for two late teens picks. Having said that, Hotton & Hynes could be options there.

8, F1 & 32 should all be on the table. Ring Richmond when they are ready to talk and see what happens.

Because of the fact the smaller clubs are being disadvantaged by the draw, lack of blockbuster games, struggle to keep or gain ufa’s etc etc, then I’d like to see the afl give us the same access to our academies as the northern teams have.
We are just as disadvantaged as them, more so without our academies.

Because of the fact the smaller clubs are being disadvantaged by the draw, lack of blockbuster games, struggle to keep or gain ufa’s etc etc, then I’d like to see the afl give us the same access to our academies as the northern teams have.
We are just as disadvantaged as them, more so without our academies.
We need to merge STK academy with Sandringham Dragons. Problem solved.

FB: Webster Howard Stocker
HB: Sinclair Wilkie Nas
C: Wood Macrae Hill
HF: Phillipou King Owens
FF: Sharman Caminiti Higgins
R: Marshall Steele Windhager
I/C: Clark Henry Butler Wilson
Emg: Byrnes Garcia Jones

Gotta say, that is looking like a 10th - 14th team to me. Undersized backline, average forward line (although with some potential), poor midfield and no real depth.

Next year looks very much like another year of development. We really need the guys in the 21-24 age bracket to take the next step, in particular King, Henry and Owens.

We have a lot of high potential youth coming through, especially with 7,8 and 32 joining the ranks but in the last 10 years we've only been able to turn potential into elite players twice (Sinclair and Nas). There's no excuses there, the club just needs to find a way to get at least half a dozen more genuine stars out of our young core.
A few fans putting POU at H.F, not sure why after his breakout games as a mid.
Your backline is a Stocker, l mean shocker.
Caminiti has to go C.H.B on current list. Issue is, there will
only be Keeler- current list, to replace him forward.
We seriously need to find a Ruckman & Key-back outside of the draft or we are going to have lack of depth in key talls.

I just did a list count of Richmonds numbers, they currently have 8 players who have departed and 8 draft picks. Im not sure what their rookie numbers are like but they will still have the rookie draft to grab players plus the DFA or SSP players.

Id suggest if they are to do anything with this years picks it would be a swap with North for pick #2. That would leave them with 7 x picks between 1 & 24, so there may be a chance they want to off load another of the later picks for futures.

Otherwise with so many clubs trading so heavily we are going to struggle to find anyone else who would want to trade their picks for futures. Sydney might as they have 3 x quality academy kids available next year.

A few fans putting POU at H.F, not sure why after his breakout games as a mid.
Your backline is a Stocker, l mean shocker.
Caminiti has to go C.H.B on current list. Issue is, there will
only be Keeler- current list, to replace him forward.
We seriously need to find a Ruckman & Key-back outside of the draft or we are going to have lack of depth in key talls.
Pou will get midfield minutes wherever he's named, if you really wanted to you could swap him with Henry on the i/c.

As for Caminiti, we haven't seen him in defence yet. Until he actually plays as a defender we may as well leave the CHB position blank.

Pou will get midfield minutes wherever he's named, if you really wanted to you could swap him with Henry on the i/c.

As for Caminiti, we haven't seen him in defence yet. Until he actually plays as a defender we may as well leave the CHB position blank.
He actually was rotated back in one game & RTB commended him & suggested that he may end up a backman. And he's got this pre-season to develope that craft. Or as the list stands, we need to keep Hayes & Membrey.

Last edited:
Jackson Macrae replaces Brad Crouch and basically takes us back to our 2022 vintage midfield. It's a start. Seb Ross could be replaced by Paddy Dow, or the more dynamic but less consistent Hugo Garcia, or hopefully Max Hall can have the same type of start to his career as Jai Newcombe has. Either way it's that 3rd - 4th mid role so not too much at stake.

Hoping we get Smilie at pick 7 but he will take while, so hope the other mid we take at 8 is a bit more ready made.

Getting a large chunk of the season into Liam Henry will massively help too, so I hope he's able to overcome that nasty injury.

But the inside 50s will make or break us this year, so the forwards and mids and their coaches have to work that out if we're to progress. Over to you, Mr Bolton.

And the replacement for Battle must be immediately effective, whoever he is.

Really hate the decision to re-sign jones. Especially with macrae now, there is no need for him, and we would of been better of giving the list spot for a kid. Also don't know why we didn't try find a ruckman in the mid season draft if we knew we were moving on Campbell, really doubt hall makes the grade.

Out:
Ross
Battle
Van es
Bonner
Allison
Campbell
Hayes
Membrey
Paton
Crouch*/hotton

I really want to give Hotton another year with a full preaseason to see if he can make the grade, but may not have the list spots due to some strange list descions.

In:
Pick 7- smillie/langford/reid
Pick 8- hotton/lindsay/travaglia
Pick 32- Dodson/sims/gerryn
Cole
Hoffman
Peckett
Hall
Macrae
Best available state league ruckman
Sandy rookie- yuck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know where there is a list of players yet to receive contracts from their clubs?

I know of Tomlinson, Marchbank, Granger-Barras, Eyre and Clurey as potential DFA defenders, any other ideas?

Really hate the decision to re-sign jones. Especially with macrae now, there is no need for him, and we would of been better of giving the list spot for a kid. Also don't know why we didn't try find a ruckman in the mid season draft if we knew we were moving on Campbell, really doubt hall makes the grade.

Out:
Ross
Battle
Van es
Bonner
Allison
Campbell
Hayes
Membrey
Paton
Crouch*/hotton

I really want to give Hotton another year with a full preaseason to see if he can make the grade, but may not have the list spots due to some strange list descions.

In:
Pick 7- smillie/langford/reid
Pick 8- hotton/lindsay/travaglia
Pick 32- Dodson/sims/gerryn
Cole
Hoffman
Peckett
Hall
Macrae
Best available state league ruckman
Sandy rookie- yuck
Yeah, I agree, think Dodson or Gerryn should be in the frame at pick 32, if Jones's body holds up, rover position is his, allowing Sinclair to rotate with him.

I feel we and a few other clubs failed to clue into the "secret draft hack that Geelong and a couple of others have worked out" (clickbait lingo for the millennial in here)

Keep a few 3rd & 4th round picks that will jump up the order as the picks around them get eaten up with bid matching on academy and fs players.

Our pick 32 won't be affected but that 47 might, as will all 3 of the Cats picks.

As for Caminiti, we haven't seen him in defence yet. Until he actually plays as a defender we may as well leave the CHB position blank
Hammer started the Port Adelaide game at Marvel in defence. He played VFL in defence a few games prior to this.

He got injured during the Power game and returned as a forward after his injury once King was done for the season.

Not really sure what you're talking about.

He might not play defence next season but don't pretend you have any idea what you're saying.

Yeah, I agree, think Dodson or Gerryn should be in the frame at pick 32, if Jones's body holds up, rover position is his, allowing Sinclair to rotate with him.
If we get Dodson at 32, and there's a strong chance he'll still be available, he could be the steal of the draft. Tall, athletic, with good skills. 203 cm, so tall enough for the ruck role.

He'll take time but I've watched him live a couple of times. Enormous potential. Get him if you can SOS.

If we get Dodson at 32, and there's a strong chance he'll still be available, he could be the steal of the draft. Tall, athletic, with good skills. 203 cm, so tall enough for the ruck role.

He'll take time but I've watched him live a couple of times. Enormous potential. Get him if you can SOS.
yeah i like the look of Dodson too. really hope he makes it to 32 (or whatever it ends up being)

Does anyone know where there is a list of players yet to receive contracts from their clubs?

I know of Tomlinson, Marchbank, Granger-Barras, Eyre and Clurey as potential DFA defenders, any other ideas?
Lewis Young may get delisted by the Blues, a Southport Sharks key-back player?, has been mentioned as possibly being worthy of getting an Afl gig.

I honestly think Macrae is so underrated. Yes the guy has just turned 30, but has been a star for years. He's been played out of position by a foolish coach, he will shock the hell out of anyone who is doubting him.

He is such a smart footballer, he sees angles that don't exist to most guys. Is a great mix of inside/outside and best of all, will be the perfect pairing with Steele. He isn't lightning fast, but we'll consistently get 30 plus from him and our forwards will be salivating at his acquisition. He's not Harvs, but he has some of the traits that made Banger so good.

Great person and the perfect role model for our kids to learn from.

Now look away Dogs fans. Due to the pick swaps we did, pick 45 basically came for free. So in essence, Macrae was basically a free hit with his contract. If he was a free agent and we gave him the same contract, he'd be band 2 or 3. Much better than 45 hey.

Anyway, can't wait to see him play for us for the next 5 years.
Now this I can get around ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back