List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

How on earth does that flog get a job let alone being on every single fricken medium, show, wank screen.

What an absolute douche.
Barrett is a classical example of how mediocrity rises in most organisations in today's society.

Why? I wrote and presented a paper on it to one of the big four banks. All of the attendees thought I was basing my findings on their competitors, when in fact they were right in the mix.

Mediocrity doesn't challenge the status quo, feeds the egos of those above him/her (arse licker), while treating equals and subordinates with contempt, and devotes all their energy to managing their brilliant careers rather than doing their designated job.

It would be interesting to "shadow" Barrett for a few days. I've always disliked him, and not only because of the vituperative shit he regularly spews at our club. A very inadequate type of individual in an industry full of similar creatures.

Was pretty consistent after the break. Might only be getting around 10 possies a game but he was dangerous. 13 goals in the last 8 games or so.

If we have a half decent year he is capable of being a 30-40 goal forward a year. We don't exactly have a plethora of those on our list.
If he didn't mark it, he more than often brought the the ball to the ground. His second efforts were noticeable and his forward pressure was pretty good too. Those kind of things aren't represented in stats but played a role in us having a good finish to the year.

Barrett is a classical example of how mediocrity rises in most organisations in today's society.

Why? I wrote and presented a paper on it to one of the big four banks. All of the attendees thought I was basing my findings on their competitors, when in fact they were right in the mix.

Mediocrity doesn't challenge the status quo, feeds the egos of those above him/her (arse licker), while treating equals and subordinates with contempt, and devotes all their energy to managing their brilliant careers rather than doing their designated job.

It would be interesting to "shadow" Barrett for a few days. I've always disliked him, and not only because of the vituperative shit he regularly spews at our club. A very inadequate type of individual in an industry full of similar creatures.
Fake people , do what they have too , to get what they want.
Barrett is just another in the industry where there is many.

As luck would have it, it’s probably the worst year to introduce the Sandy rookie. A combination of no standout sandy players and a supposedly deep and a ripper of a draft. Of course, none of this would have been known in hindsight when this initiative was planned out.
One list spot will not hurt and hopefully it will inspire a few better players to Sandringham.
Anyway any news on Crouch , Hayes , Paton and Membery - are they all staying

If he didn't mark it, he more than often brought the the ball to the ground. His second efforts were noticeable and his forward pressure was pretty good too. Those kind of things aren't represented in stats but played a role in us having a good finish to the year.
They finally got him settled playing forward after being used to cover in other positions - fully expect him to go from strength to strength.

I figured the Crouch decision might have hinged on whether we landed Macrea.

And with both Membrey and Campbell gone, i would love us to retain Hayes.

That means we'll need to delist Paton and retire Crouch to make enough spots?

With pick swaps happening a while longer, I really hope we're considering throwing out our F1 to get back into the top 20 picks.
Crouch has a year left on his contract and would be crazy if he doesn't stay to collect - it will be up to the club to pay him out , but they could be hoping he comes good - Roo played for years with a knee problem

I just did a list count of Richmonds numbers, they currently have 8 players who have departed and 8 draft picks. Im not sure what their rookie numbers are like but they will still have the rookie draft to grab players plus the DFA or SSP players.

Id suggest if they are to do anything with this years picks it would be a swap with North for pick #2. That would leave them with 7 x picks between 1 & 24, so there may be a chance they want to off load another of the later picks for futures.

Otherwise with so many clubs trading so heavily we are going to struggle to find anyone else who would want to trade their picks for futures. Sydney might as they have 3 x quality academy kids available next year.

I’ve crunched some numbers and have looked at the current picks of each team.

I’ve assumed Ashcroft is bid by pick 3, Kako by pick 10 and Lombard by pick 15 (all extremely likely).

Sydney currently has picks 19 & 22. Those picks will become 22 and 25 after those three bids are matched.

Saints pick 32 will stay pick 32, while our pick 47 will probably become pick 41.

The gap between Sydney’s picks and our picks will close significantly. Something to consider if using future picks to help get a better draft hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake people , do what they have too , to get what they want.
Barrett is just another in the industry where there is many.
Damien Barrett is on our screens and in our ears for one simple reason; the AFL media are far too conservative, lazy and complacent to look for new voices and most fans are too conservative to let them without complaining. They know we will pay attention no matter bad, old or boring the content is - just look at Trade Radio as a perfect example of how desperate we are to consume AFL media. Why would they try harder?

Look at mugs like Gerard Wheatley and Mark Robinson, the same old presenters for 15 YEARS with the same old hackneyed routine. It's stagnation, masked as tradition.

We could find presenters and journalists a hundred times more professional than Damien Barrett if we actually wanted to, but he keeps his job even though his bosses know that they could find loads of better options, because they think he's part of the tradition and even that he's beloved by AFL audiences, and even if he isn't who really cares, we'll still watch, and just moan about it! They're right!

Let's face it, It takes ZERO talent and not even that much work to do what he does. His brainfart opinions, his ridiculous sliding doors article and his soporific appearances on TV and radio add nothing to the landscape, but the alternative is to find a new voice, and the stations who cover AFL just cannot be bothered. A shame.

Last edited:
I visited the crows board to see who they think they would take in the draft and noticed NWM ( Pou also featured) mentioned a couple times on the latest page. Ran a search of their forum for NWM and turns out he's been a bit of a talking point to trade for him. Couple tried floating trades this year which was obviously never gonna happen but seems he is a big target next year as he comes ooc?

Is that a realistic target? Should we be watching what they do with futures? I'd have NWM in the untouchable bracket and can't think of a package they could offer that would make us feel like winners of the trade. Or is this just one of those things we will have to put up with consistently due to SA origins. I also wouldn't consider Pou to be traded.

Mail: Crows are trying to pry Wanganeen-Milera out of Saints. More likely laying groundwork for '25 but from what I hear it's active.

Last edited:

Not all heroes heroes wear capes

Screenshot_20241017_034607_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cant sleep thinking about our list issues. I think we are going to have to grab a player like Tomlinson/Phillips as a stop gap until we can find or develop a replacement CHB. Cordy would be delisted if not contracted.

We have really been poor at drafting key defenders for what seems like an eternity - Max Hughton & Sam Fisher - the last. Wilkie is a star but under sized for the key posts. Even the traded in options have just been GOP's or unlucky with injury.

Shoenmaker and Cole might be the future key defenders, but both will take time.

Finding and developing ruckman is another St Kilda failed exercise. Wouldnt it be nice if we had a young, talented ruckman ready to step up now. Playing Marshall forward next year would allow Hammer to play CHB and really help support King. We can only dream...Moyle or Vinsenti would fit in well.

Im not writing off Heath, he is just slower developing than the two mentioned.

Its amazing even with our flawed list that spots are still an issue. We are just going to have to be ruthless going forward, move on any player who we dont think will feature in a flag side.

A lack of elite midfielders is our main short coming which hopefully can be corrected come the draft. But there are so many other positions that could also be filled at draft eg ruckman, key positional (defenders & forwards), small forwards. Its a bloody tragedy that we dont have the capital to take more picks into this draft.

Last edited:
We have really been poor at drafting key defenders for what seems like an eternity - Max Hughton & Sam Fisher - the last. Wilkie is a star but under sized for the key posts. Even the traded in options have just been GOP's or unlucky with injury.
bro don't be a size queen, wilkie was voted the best full back in the league last year, he dominates whoever he plays on, name one time wilkie has been beaten by a 200+ cm forward due to height, can't do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im Back Wake Up GIF

B Wilkie Howard Webster

HB NWM Caminiti Sinclair

C Wilson Phillipou Wood
Foll Marshall Steele Macrae

HF Henry Owens Sharman

F Keeler King Higgins

IC Windhager, Clark, Hill, Byrnes, Smillie*
EMG Schoenmaker, Garcia, Dow

"The package has arrived."

Can you imagine working for a club and having to tweet this to excite your fans?

Can you imagine being a fan of a club who tweeted this in an effort to get you excited? Imagine this being the high point of your trade period!

Impeccable timing from the Giants, under fire for the yobby flog bogan behaviour of its players and then announce the arrival of the King Of The Bogans!

6SPnfWy.gif

Cant sleep thinking about our list issues. I think we are going to have to grab a player like Tomlinson/Phillips as a stop gap until we can find or develop a replacement CHB. Cordy would be delisted if not contracted.

Shoenmaker and Cole might be the future key defenders, but both will take time.

Finding and developing ruckman is another St Kilda failed exercise. Wouldnt it be nice if we had a young, talented ruckman ready to step up now. Playing Marshall forward next year would allow Hammer to play CHB and really help support King. We can only dream...Moyle or Vinsenti would fit in well.

Im not writing off Heath, he is just slower developing than the two mentioned.

Its amazing even with our flawed list that spots are still an issue. We are just going to have to be ruthless going forward, move on any player who we dont think will feature in a flag side.

A lack of elite midfielders is our main short coming which hopefully can be corrected come the draft. But there are so many other positions that could also be filled at draft eg ruckman, key positional (defenders & forwards), small forwards. Its a bloody tragedy that we dont have the capital to take more picks into this draft.
Can I just say, this is the issue with everyone saying mids, mids, mids. We actually have a heap of mids on our list. Clark. Dow. Jones. Windhager. Crouch. Steele. Garcia. Phillipou. And that's not including those who burst into and through CBAs.

What we are lacking is quality mids.

The list appears pretty unbalanced like you said.

Yeah love to know their thoughts on our ruck situation after delisting TC. Guess there's always the possibility of a State League player in the SSP. Seems though the two best rucks in the VFL the last few seasons have been TC and Goober so hard to know what they're thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back