List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, it's fanciful to think that we will have an opportunity to push into the top five of the draft and gain access to the 'premium' mids we hope slide to our current selections.

We need quality, not quantity regarding mids.

If we are open to trading our F1 to richmond or someone for a pick this year- we can give ourselves the currency (along with 7 and 8) to make a responsibly priced move up the board this year to snag one of the 'premium' mids.

Yes it would cost us some currency (vs sitting on our hands)... but if we are halfway confident there is a real gap between the 'premium' mids and who will be avail at 7 and 8... im ok with us ponying up.

Now that the dust has settled on the draft hands I think my Pick 2 dreams are shattered. Richmond will get it but we might be able to swoop if they’re unreasonable. Realistically we will just be used as leverage for North to get a better deal from Richmond.

Next best thing is targeting GWS picks on the night. Without losing our F1 or Pick 7.

If we get 15,16 & 21 then trade one of them for another F1 and take 2 x F1 into next year.

Having said that GWS could do the same thing if they wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could rookie a ruck couldn’t we?
I've only been looking at spots overall, not the breakdown between main and rookie since they can easily move players between the two these days.

Out - 9 (until Crouch goes)

In - Macrae, Hall, Sandy rookie, DFA Ruck, draft pick 1, draft pick 2, draft pick 3, Cole, Hoffman, Peckett? (10)

I could see us not taking Peckett and then giving Crouch the preseason knowing we can replace him with an SPP signing. Otherwise to take a 4th draftee, we would need 1 of Cole or Hoffman to not be bid on.

Playing for the mighty Sharks adds 1000 aura 😎
Pretending Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

I didn’t realise he’d been with us for 7 years.
Misson mentioned this on his radio interview today.
Tragically young. Very sad.

He pretty much came up through the ranks at the Saints.
Scout for NSW/NT/Tas then SA/WA, then Victoria , then the main man.

We haven’t improved ourselves over the trade and free agency period. If anything we’ve regressed. Yes a good, but aging midfielder comes in, but opportunities for a Battle replacement and possible ruck support went nowhere.

Getting excited now about who pops up as a DFA now is actually pretty depressing.
What improvements do you reckon we should have made

We haven’t improved ourselves over the trade and free agency period. If anything we’ve regressed. Yes a good, but aging midfielder comes in, but opportunities for a Battle replacement and possible ruck support went nowhere.

Getting excited now about who pops up as a DFA now is actually pretty depressing.

There were not many big moves to be made, the majority of the improvement needs to come from those already on the list. That was always the case.

Regardless I'm sick of quick fixes, I would rather we build this right by going to the draft consistently and then picking up astute trades and free agents.

His stats look good will search to see if there is any footage available of him.

Link of some small snippets. Has a really good leap and from what I saw looks like a cross between Stanley & Blicavs.

WAFL Highlights: East Fremantle v Claremont

And and article - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiU9I-jx5SJAxV9qFYBHQoLEZcQFnoECBUQAQ&url=https://wafc.com.au/news/25510/hard-work-staying-ready-pays-off-for-sharks-ruckman&usg=AOvVaw3YaZKXIY5o9CPeDi_oCgKR&opi=89978449
SANFL & WAFL replays are on 7 plus

Not my job and wasn’t my point. Was just stating a fact. Plenty of other clubs improved.

We’ll all just have to be patient and wait it out.
Tbh we had an excellent hand to start with.
We were beaten on a couple of moves - notably one by the Dees who gave up their entire future next year as well.

We did the right thing imo and are still in a very strong position to “help” other clubs out at a nice premium for us if we choose to do so.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens immediately after pick 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back