List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone complains about our talls.

But our smalls need significant improvement.

Butler doesn’t hurt alot. Would love collard to come on.

Higgins plays more like older Milney as a mark leading forward than he does a younger Milney who was opportunistic and crumbing.

Our small forward stocks are super thin. We need a back or developing type in between Butler and Collard or a big jump from Collard.

I feel like Sharman, in particular, will do better with the pressure. He seemed to step up when required to be the man in the back half of the season and having a clear role over preseason for him should only help his confidence.

I've got a feeling they'll use Sharman to replace Battle.

Schoenmaker plays the loose distributor role more than a third accountable tall. Think Bonner not Battle. His long precise kicking breaks lines when the midfield is a weakness. He's a tall Daniel Rich.
He’s better than that and his development is down to us and his willingness to work. Rich couldn’t defend one on one and had no interest late in his career of putting his head over the ball.

Scott Clayton described schoenmaker as the best kick in the world. The kid needs to get to work but this narrative he’s just a great kick simply isn’t true imo. I watched him several times at sandy and he was quite good defensively, first year player coming off a poor fitness base he has a lot of improvement in him.

When he really gets up to pace he’s going to be a game breaker with that boot.

Everyone complains about our talls.

But our smalls need significant improvement.

Butler doesn’t hurt alot. Would love collard to come on.

Higgins plays more like older Milney as a mark leading forward than he does a younger Milney who was opportunistic and crumbing.
I dont think we handled Butler the best this year - brought him back too early from injury a few times so he was constantly playing catch up. If he can get a proper preseason, his pressure should be back and when he's hitting that part of his game, goals seem to follow more.

He’s better than that and his development is down to us and his willingness to work. Rich couldn’t defend one on one and had no interest late in his career of putting his head over the ball.

Scott Clayton described schoenmaker as the best kick in the world. The kid needs to get to work but this narrative he’s just a great kick simply isn’t true imo. I watched him several times at sandy and he was quite good defensively, first year player coming off a poor fitness base he has a lot of improvement in him.

When he really gets up to pace he’s going to be a game breaker with that boot.

He seems to play an unaccountable game at Sandy and players look to get it in his hands. His kicking is elite. Not a negative, I rate him highly.

Continuity and delivery when mids were missing made it dysfunctional. Snags had a long suspension, Hammer and King both injured. Membrey missed a lot of footy, Butler no preseason and then in season injuries, Sharman in and out of the side, cameos from Collard and Garcia. That's not an environment that gets the best out of itself. Owens probably the only one that played a full season.
Good point. For the past two seasons, there has been minimal continuity from that line group which cant help with consistency or chemistry between them. Particularly when they our are least experienced group. Good news is we have found a bunch of players with skill, now we just need them all available at the same time.

I've got a feeling they'll use Sharman to replace Battle.
I hope not. Sharman excels at two things - impressive marks and set shot goal kicking. Surely we've learnt to play him in the position where those two skills can combine to be the most damaging.

It’s probably been asked before but is there any talk of our out of contract guys ? Are they all gone or are a couple still a chance with us ?.

Also any talk about that stupid sandy rookie business, are we still going ahead with that or have wiser heads prevailed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. For the past two seasons, there has been minimal continuity from that line group which cant help with consistency or chemistry between them. Particularly when they our are least experienced group. Good news is we have found a bunch of players with skill, now we just need them all available at the same time.

I hope not. Sharman excels at two things - impressive marks and set shot goal kicking. Surely we've learnt to play him in the position where those two skills can combine to be the most damaging.

Sharman is our most like for like Battle replacement and we probably have one too many talls up front. I love Sharman and prefer him forward but if it's playing VFL or back, I'm playing him back.

He seems to play an unaccountable game at Sandy and players look to get it in his hands. His kicking is elite. Not a negative, I rate him highly.
I’ve watch him in quite a few games gringo, he got down the field quite a bit but also was reasonable one on one and not afraid to put his body on the line. He needs a big summer and a lot of development but I’m not putting a ceiling on him. I really like his potential and I love Hastie, we have some good young talent at sandy.

Sharman is our most like for like Battle replacement and we probably have one too many talls up front. I love Sharman and prefer him forward but if it's playing VFL or back, I'm playing him back.
All the more reason to look at a Tomlinson type as a DFA. Got to add some depth there so Sharman can stay fwd.

I’ve watch him in quite a few games gringo, he got down the field quite a bit but also was reasonable one on one and not afraid to put his body on the line. He needs a big summer and a lot of development but I’m not putting a ceiling on him. I really like his potential and I love Hastie, we have some good young talent at sandy.

Me too. Both look good. Early in the season Ari was racking up numbers that sat right up the top of the VFL stats. Hastie is a bit messy but love his attack on the ball and moves like Sam Gilbert.

Continuity and delivery when mids were missing made it dysfunctional. Snags had a long suspension, Hammer and King both injured. Membrey missed a lot of footy, Butler no preseason and then in season injuries, Sharman in and out of the side, cameos from Collard and Garcia. That's not an environment that gets the best out of itself. Owens probably the only one that played a full season.
Yeh, i think its more this than anything. The backline knows and plays its structure pretty bloody well. Overall the blowouts were led by midfield smashings.

I think Battle is a huge loss but i also think if any line could cover a loss its the backline, especially with our hard running wingers like Wood and Wang-Mil

Our small forward stocks are super thin. We need a back or developing type in between Butler and Collard or a big jump from Collard.
I also agree with this but would caveat that small forward might be the toughest spot on the ground to play week to week and Butler whilst not hitting the scoreboard as much as wed all like was still busy and bustling. Theres almost too many guys for the 6 spots so were almost certainly not gonna play Collard and Butler together in the same 23, hopefully Buts finds the goals a bit more with a full pre season and some continuity and chemistry and then Collard can foll that spot when Butler is injured or whatever.

Even if he wins a flag it’s not backfiring imo. He did his time at the club, huge contribution, but he’s not part of our future and that’s ok. I hope he slots into the Pies side and wins a lot of games, the guy deserves that.
Battle on Membrey in the granny* would be moist.

(grandy for our WA listeners)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back