List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Hotton was no better this season than any of the Sandy players we will be considering. If you are willing to give him a list spot moving forward than you should have no issue with Hipwell, Watson or Lowe being on the list.
I don't agree with you considering where Hotton has come from, injury wise he's barely gotten going yet. Different opinions though, we move on knowing nothing we can do about it

Hotton was no better this season than any of the Sandy players we will be considering. If you are willing to give him a list spot moving forward than you should have no issue with Hipwell, Watson or Lowe being on the list.
Don't get the worry about one list spot , we have a lot of players out with injury the whole year or just about - and if that list spot encourages better players to the Sandringham well and good.

Don't get the worry about one list spot , we have a lot of players out with injury the whole year or just about - and if that list spot encourages better players to the Sandringham well and good.
Remember the time when we promised Michael Barlow our last list spot before the G Train decided he wanted to come out of retirement?

That last list spot could be the next Sinclair, Wilkie or Marshall. Can't afford to throw list spaces away.

Remember the time when we promised Michael Barlow our last list spot before the G Train decided he wanted to come out of retirement?

That last list spot could be the next Sinclair, Wilkie or Marshall. Can't afford to throw list spaces away.
Caminiti a recent example of last man on the list

We have many players on our list in the past that were well below AFL standard and if they think one spot on a list of 44 will entice better talent to Sandringham well and good.
Who knows the guy that gets the spot might become a player.

We have many players on our list in the past that were well below AFL standard and if they think one spot on a list of 44 will entice better talent to Sandringham well and good.
Who knows the guy that gets the spot might become a player.
It’s a terrible idea. You don’t see successful clubs having such a similar strategy. When I see Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, etc do the same thing, then I might change my mind. Until then..

You might as well give Allison another year.

Would rather we focus our improving our own list rather than a VFL clubs.
Having decent players at Sandy will help guys like Collard develop. More chances up forward, more crumbs, more pressure on their backs. Winning good for confidence etc. I reckon even guys like Hastie and Arie would improve a lot more with more class around them. I don't mind the idea, but may or may not work. Definitely a rough start.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there a salary cap in the VFL?

If not just throw some cash at Sandy to compete with the amateurs clubs.

Keep the priority rookie spot but add some conditions. 1 pick over 2 years, includes Sandy dragon who play 3 games etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a terrible idea. You don’t see successful clubs having such a similar strategy. When I see Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, etc do the same thing, then I might change my mind. Until then..

You might as well give Allison another year.
They have stand alone teams we have attached ourselves to Sandringham and we need to improve the standard of players at Sandringham to help development of our kids we draft.
If management thinks bringing a guy from Sandringham into our list of 44 might entice talent to the club to Sandringham - let's see who Sandringham get into there team this year.
We need Sandringham to be better than what it currently is.imo

Having decent players at Sandy will help guys like Collard develop. More chances up forward, more crumbs, more pressure on their backs. Winning good for confidence etc. I reckon even guys like Hastie and Arie would improve a lot more with more class around them. I don't mind the idea, but may or may not work. Definitely a rough start.
It will not be good to start off with for sure , but let's hope the idea works - a lot of delisted players could well make there way to the Zebras.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there a salary cap in the VFL?

If not just throw some cash at Sandy to compete with the amateurs clubs.

Keep the priority rookie spot but add some conditions. 1 pick over 2 years, includes Sandy dragon who play 3 games etc

Clubs have a salary cap, however, it's up to them to say pay 3/4 to one guy and the other 1/4 to everyone else for example.

Back in Ze day for example, we did a praccie against an EDFL team, in that team was recently retired Courtney Johns lured over on low 6 figures. Our club, in the BFL, barely reached that single contract in total. I also got to sit with say Port Melb and others in a dingy room to chat about things and eat fish and chips from near by...

So given this is levels below the VFL, you can bet there's a lot more BS to wade through, but I believe last year was 220k and single payer was capped at 100k for the "marquee" tag line.

Here's a link from 3 years back to state it exists in any event;

It will not be good to start off with for sure , but let's hope the idea works - a lot of delisted players could well make there way to the Zebras.

You have more faith than a lot of us Premium.

Sandringham havent been able to attract or hold decent players for the entire time we have been aligned. WHY do you think it will miraculously change because we stupidly offer a rookie spot. The only decent player to come out of Sandringham in our alignment period is McLean from Sydney and we weren't smart enough to grab him.

I dont know what the TPP is in the VFL and how the caps work for alignment teams but Sandringham remind me of what we looked like in the 80's. It has to be money $$$ when you have two stand alone teams playing off in this years grand final. Our list hasnt helped over the years, but other aligned clubs like Box Hill have been winning flags whilst Hawthorn were near the bottom of the AFL ladder.

What the club is attempting to lure more talent to improve Sandringham , at least they are trying something.
We have carried more than one spud on our list before.
I'm sorry I just can't support this argument. We may have had players on our list who weren't good enough, but we've never drafted them due to an agreement thinking they probably won't be good enough.

What the club is attempting to lure more talent to improve Sandringham , at least they are trying something.
We have carried more than one spud on our list before.
We had nearly a decade there where we were practically a spud farm, run hopelessly by a spud coach, with a spud footy department. Consequently the whole club became a blight.
There's sexier more profitable veg out there, but you've got to rotate the crops, and weed out accordingly.
Not sure adding another spud is the way to go, either for us or Sandringham...the plan is one of goodwill, but it needs to be re- strategized to be of any practical use.

I used to love following the zebs, but they're unwatchable now and the alliance has harmed, rather than helped player development.
I don’t wanna knock the Zebs down, and if we leave them, perhaps they’ll fold?

Dunno, but as to your point, I don’t think we’ve helped them much ladder wise.

They were triple premiers when we got married, and they tanked almost immediately after they got a bit of our thing.

As St.Kilda reserves out of RSEA Park, of course! It should've been done years ago.

A club united at its home venue in Moorabbin, not on the windswept, postage stamp sized TBBO. Sandringham can please itself.

I used to love following the zebs, but they're unwatchable now and the alliance has harmed, rather than helped player development.

I just don’t see how it would make a difference. Still have to pay players and admin so the amount of money available would be no greater, and the coach is already appointed by us. Unless there’s something I’m missing, nothing would really change except the name?

As St.Kilda reserves out of RSEA Park, of course! It should've been done years ago.

A club united at its home venue in Moorabbin, not on the windswept, postage stamp sized TBBO. Sandringham can please itself.

Better us than someone else though, I guess.
I had to go from loving the Zebs (having lived in Sandy in my teens) to kind-of hating them when they aligned with Melbourne.

Funny re: the wind - feels like every time I've tuned into a game at Moorabbin (ours or the ladies') recently it's been blowing a gale there anyway. But yeah, the Beach Rd ground gets some rough weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back