List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are those old bones feeling about Battle now?

This only works if:

A)The suns don’t move these picks for experienced talent.

B) there is a player clearly in that range that they want.
Well *A) the odds of them getting 1st round worthy trade talent are as slim as they've always been.
And (B) they will definitely want to get ahead of Lombard.

Just a thought bubble but is the Jack Steele trade talk coming because battle is staying and we’re determined to load up in this draft.

If battle is staying are we the club who made the 6 year offer to Nash ?. No free agent comp really flips the script for us.
Love a good rumour. If it's true mitchell and hickmott met with barass, perhaps they are thinking Batts ain't coming. Also wouldn't be surprised if we fired a shot across their bow with a Nash offer. Touch one of ours we touch one of yours. Nash would be a good addition to our midfield though.

Hope he's ok.

He is apparently fine, articles stating he reported to training today but being unresponsive is scary af. But now we know he is fine.....

Its been reported that no teammates were there (of course) and the reports were his drink was allegedly spiked.

I mean, I think it's strange that the church arranges Bible Studies groups at 2:30am at a Geelong nightclub of all places but perhaps the conference room was cheap to rent at that time of the morning. I think his commitment must be commended though, clearly cares about his studies.

So who was it that spiked the drink? Was it the weird quiet guy who quotes scripture incessantly, the Trump supporter, the old lady born around the time of the new testaments or the suspicious looking Pastor who keeps winking at the young ones?

Perhaps it wasn't drink spiking, perhaps there was a reflection of the bright lights coming from a nearby room containing no good degenerates dancing to loud music with various party drugs in their system. Perhaps, just perhaps those bright lights caused seizures, similar to those suffered by poor Clarry from Melbourne town. Maybe there is an epilepsy epidemic taking over the AFL.

Love a good rumour. If it's true mitchell and hickmott met with barass, perhaps they are thinking Batts ain't coming. Also wouldn't be surprised if we fired a shot across their bow with a Nash offer. Touch one of ours we touch one of yours. Nash would be a good addition to our midfield though.

Could argue that they believe that both could be very useful.
Battle they get without the need to trade.
Barrass will cost them draft picks.
Most clubs will have money to spend.

They all look a lot happier now that we are winning games again. Steele looked back to his best even kicking goals. Staring down the barrel of a long rebuild would put anyone off. If we are looking on the up a lot less players will look miserable.
It was interesting from Ross in the presser that he spent a bit of time on Steeley. Was quite apologetic about the situation he'd been put in having to shoulder the midfield burden. He's looked much better the past month. Probably feeling better himself and also some better form from multiple other players in his part of the ground.

On reflection that early fixture of interstate, interstate, home 5 day break, interstate took a toll and killed our season. Fair enough having a harder fixture after making finals but the AFL f*ckd us royally this year.

How are those old bones feeling about Battle now?
I take a Turmeric capsule every day for the old bones.......Turmeric has done wonders for my previously aching knees.

And that concludes my medical tip for today.

At this point Stav....I'm none the wiser about what Josh will do.

Only those in his immediate circles would know what his intentions are.

As I mentioned previously......I am lucky that I do hear some interesting things......I had interesting chats with 3 people ......in Melb pre Brissy game and up in Brissy.

All 3 I would have thought would know what's going on.

All 3 said he was staying.....that of course could change overnight and it was several weeks ago.

I personally would love him to stay....a ready made defender who is in/approaching his prime with several playing years ahead.....versus a draft pick with no guarantee what so ever over the longer term...........but the top 10-15 this even draft would naturally increase the chances of getting a very good player.

It certainly is a strong talking point amongst supporters.

I hope the Steele talk isn't true. I think we are rebuilding our list perfectly on the run and After the form of the team, led by our skipper the past month, I genuinely think we can start to contend from next year onwards. Especially and hopefully if battle stays. NAS, windy and Mitch aren't gonna be kids in 2025, they will be fully seasoned men, with 50-60 games into them, about to come into there primes. Add max, Sharman, Higgins, Clark, Henry to that group, along with our "veterans" Sinclair, Steele, Marshall, Wilkie who will still be at there peak, and another preseason into phillipou, Wilson, Garcia, Hastie etc and some high end mids this year, we will actually have the nucleus of a strong squad. Just need to get some more midfield depth, and who knows what can happen between 2025-2027

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is some of the dumbest and poorly thought out line of speculation Ive come across on SEN and thats a ****ing high bar to clear. Jenkins cant even adequately name an interested club when asked.
Not St.Kilda , but did you know Essendon Have Parish contracted until the end of 2029 and McGrath and McKay until 2030?

Hahahahahahaha
I would have Parish at the saints in a heart beat. He has been injured a lot this year but is the kind of midfielder that would change our inside game for the best.

His stats are ok, sometimes.
Very inconsistent.
In 2022 he had more than 400 contested possessions.
He's looking like he won't make 250 this year.

199 clearances 2022, probably not 100 this year.

We need the 2022 clarry, not this crap.
Clarry AND Dees first pick? Be nuts not to take it. Behavorial conditions can be included into the contract. Someone else made the point, but no one wanted Dusty and now he's a 3 x Premiership player.

Do crouch, Ross and Jones all go at years end? I believe Seb wants to stay, but we couldn’t resign him now. There’s definitely room for Shiel. We could well have 2 new top 7 pick midfielders to go with mattaes. They will need support.
Jones has been good in recent weeks and offers something different with his speed and toughness. Ross is done. I'm sad to lose Crouch but if he's cooked he's cooked.

Shiel would be so pointless, it honestly angers me he keeps being linked to us.

I'd rather poach one of Cox, Hobbs, Tsatas or Perkins, and I'm not particularly excited by any of them either. At least they've got age, durability and upside in their favour.

If his body is sound getting Sheils in makes sense, but so will chasing other mature midfield types, like Luke Parker & Jack McRae remembering we will have two years drafts picks to play with.

Really, really struggling to understand the interest in Shiel at all. Butcher by foot, chronically injured, no obvious standout leadership skills, over 30 and contacted (?).

Out of the over 30's I'd rather look at Jack Macrae, Jarryd Lyons (OOC, durable, consistent), Mitch Duncan (OOC), Nick Haynes (OOC) or just keep Jones and/or Ross.

Last edited:
Clarry AND Dees first pick? Be nuts not to take it. Behavorial conditions can be included into the contract. Someone else made the point, but no one wanted Dusty and now he's a 3 x Premiership player.

When did no-one want Dustin Martin? He was number three in his draft.

When did no-one want Dustin Martin? He was number three in his draft.

I think he means when he was potentially on then trade table after his first few years. He was out drinking and partying and had lax standards. A few clubs sniffed around him but he chose to stay and pick up his professionalism.

Clarry is the total opposite. He's already an elite talent who is a top 20 AFL player at his best but with multiple very serious social issues and even a lot of mental health struggles and on the kind of contract that cripples the future of clubs.

Dusty needed to clean up standards, CO needs to clean up his life. The Dees aren't letting a gun walk out if they think that there is a chance of turning it all around. Maybe he goes somewhere else for a new start and sorts it all out but it's a massive gamble.

Probably loses you a few young players re-signing 4 or 5 years down the track. It could lose us an A grade Phillipou or Nas because we've maxed the cap for a guy who isn't even still at the club.

There is always the temptation to bring in a cheap star but so far we've managed to get very little return out of any of these kinds of moves.

I think he means when he was potentially on then trade table after his first few years. He was out drinking and partying and had lax standards. A few clubs sniffed around him but he chose to stay and pick up his professionalism.

Clarry is the total opposite. He's already an elite talent who is a top 20 AFL player at his best but with multiple very serious social issues and even a lot of mental health struggles and on the kind of contract that cripples the future of clubs.

Dusty needed to clean up standards, CO needs to clean up his life. The Dees aren't letting a gun walk out if they think that there is a chance of turning it all around. Maybe he goes somewhere else for a new start and sorts it all out but it's a massive gamble.

Probably loses you a few young players re-signing 4 or 5 years down the track. It could lose us an A grade Phillipou or Nas because we've maxed the cap for a guy who isn't even still at the club.

There is always the temptation to bring in a cheap star but so far we've managed to get very little return out of any of these kinds of moves.

Clubs sniffing around is the opposite of "nobody wants him".
Richmond were never going to let him go cheap.

Clubs sniffing around is the opposite of "nobody wants him".
Richmond were never going to let him go cheap.
We could have had Dusty for the Billings pick.

Can't remember if if was Watters who knocked it on the head just before he was boned or the board who didn't want to risk it.

Can't remember if if was Watters who knocked it on the head just before he was boned or the board who didn't want to risk it.
He toured multiple clubs.

And every one of those clubs turned their back on him.

The rest is history.

Was great mates with a bunch of Saints players. Close with Sam Fisher. Watters knocked it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back