List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a thing called impact which is often missed by just looking at pure possession numbers..

Henry has been kicking goals and assisting goals.. in addition, his pace and attacking play really impacts the game even with less possessions. Billing is a typical play safe type, side way/backward chip kick or long bombs, if he can’t mark the ball or is under pressure, he is toast..

Now I’m not saying Henry is the GOAT, but his high impact per possession and scope to go into midfield, run and carry / offer attacking threat is really exciting

Henry had a great game last week and brilliant game against the Pies but over all I reckon Billings probably had him covered at the same age. For what ever reason Billings never went on with it. That doesn't mean Henry won't or even suggest that it's reasonable to compare them to suggest that it might. Similar types of players makes it relevant but you can look at stats or even comparisons to prove what ever you want.

Billings would have probably been handy when we had depth issues this year and we are paying him to play at another club with no trade value back. It's fair to assume that he would have been more handy as depth at the Saints than he would at Melbourne. No-one is saying that he's a star.

Looked like someone from Battle's management was down at the club today - not the guy from gettable last week, but someone else. Was having a nice long chat to him after the session.

Could mean something. Could mean absolutely nothing.
Getting his Red Rooster order in most likely.

Battle staying will be a big LFG to the group I reckon. Reading the Hawks board, sounds like they offered him under 800k so even better result if he does stay.

If we can add Stengle on around the same and take the best mid available in the draft we're on track to bounce well with natural improvement from the established youth.
Sounds like an interesting way to attract unrestricted free agents - offer less than their current club is offering. Destination club!

Sounds like an interesting way to attract unrestricted free agents - offer less than their current club is offering. Destination club!
twomey saying 50/50 on a tight rope line ball,so either those 2 hawks posters are right in the know,or they are just getting ahead of the disappointment

Don't know if Battle is staying or going but was somewhat surprised to see him in a Hawks training top today.
May have just been a training drill or a yellow vest though
emoji6.png

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's funny because I'm hearing reports of him and Billings on the wings in a Dees match sim.

Looked like someone from Battle's management was down at the club today - not the guy from gettable last week, but someone else. Was having a nice long chat to him after the session.

The guy on Gettable last week wasn't Battle's manager, it was someone from the management group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you comparing them? They play completely different roles in 2024 in completely different team structures
Oh sorry I thought you were just acting dumb.

I'm talking about a bunch of people calling one player a worthless spud and rubbing one out over another we've traded in to supposedly improve the side. They play similar roles and are not miles apart on current form.

I think a lot of the vitriol that Billings seems to get must stem from just not being Bontempelli, but a lot of the revisionism is garbage…

I would rather pay a player to run around at Sandy and be ready if we need him than pay him to play for any of our opponents.

If he was desperate to get out then I would have suggested we both void his contract and he could enter the draft, what's with people earning 500-700 grand and then asking if you can pay them to work at a rival? No, get ****ed.

Oh sorry I thought you were just acting dumb.

I'm talking about a bunch of people calling one player a worthless spud and rubbing one out over another we've traded in to supposedly improve the side. They play similar roles and are not miles apart on current form.

I think a lot of the vitriol that Billings seems to get must stem from just not being Bontempelli, but a lot of the revisionism is garbage…

I would rather pay a player to run around at Sandy and be ready if we need him than pay him to play for any of our opponents.

If he was desperate to get out then I would have suggested we both void his contract and he could enter the draft, what's with people earning 500-700 grand and then asking if you can pay them to work at a rival? No, get ****ed.
Billings is doing nothing for Melbourne though. He is not best 22, and Melbourne supporters hate him. He plays in a possession system in a role that requires him to get the ball as a link player off high half forward so of course his disposal numbers will be higher than a small forward/sporadic midfielder. Henry, when he's on, is as damaging as anyone in the team - can't say we saw any of that from Billings over the past few years. Also a 6 year age difference where Henry is 22 in a side that is built around this demographic to succeed in the next decade. They are, indeed, miles apart on current form. Just look at their average score involvements

We would've been happy to keep him last year but he wanted to leave for opportunity. Why would you send him to the draft when we potentially needed picks this year for several F/S and NGA kids? We also have a ton of salary cap space, why not pay him to get the pick instead of letting the money go to complete waste?

Additionally, our list is full so how are you going to pay another depth player to run around Sandy when we're literally not allowed to have any more players?

My understanding was that there was a lengthy meeting last week specifically around Battle.

Today could very well have been about Jones and Membrey - who has 2-3 suitors apparently

I reckon the words out....!!!!!!!!!!

Said contact has heard that the roast beef toasties at the cafe are incredible.

I'm also tipping that heads were slowly turning from every direction today.......

Is that so and so from so and so...??????????

The intrigue mounts.

;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back