List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to get peoples opinions on Bonner . To me it seems like he gets the ball a lot but his disposal can be shocking at times with lots of turnovers.
Think Bonner will be better in a good team.. In our team where very few players lead and the midfield / forward line are often packed, very difficult to hit targets unless they are completely free.

Correction;

A number of our supporters are exceedingly stupid.

Somehow they always seem to be the ones who get through to radio talkback.

I wonder if someone who posts here cringed when you posted that.

Watching Owens last weekend live, he is very impactful as a forward. He's probably one that has been down due to a combination of factors, form being one of them. But I can see the desire to turn him into an effective forward long term.

If he starts clunking marks more regularly he will become a serious weapon. His goal kicking has improved out of sight.

We are desperate for effective forwards as much as mids in my opinion.
A little while ago when I went to training he was working with Wheadon on his goal kicking who was videoing him. Straight rope on the ground to follow in his run up & emphasis on his hand position for the ball drop. Seems to have helped a lot - my only criticism is this should have been happening pre season.

I was laughing listening to SEN yesterday.
Should Melbourne trade Oliver.
1 view. No way, if he can get back to his best , he can get back to his best at Melbourne.
2nd view. He'll never get back to his best , let him go.
Saints supporter, they should trade him to the saints for Max King.
Me..." hang on , they only want to trade him if they think he'll never get back to his best , so why would WE think that we can get him back to his best. Melbourne aren't stupid...sometimes WE are stupid ".
How ridiculous, the idiocy is legion.

Everyone knows King is slated as a direct swap with Sheil. Some supporters are so dumb

I was laughing listening to SEN yesterday.
Should Melbourne trade Oliver.
1 view. No way, if he can get back to his best , he can get back to his best at Melbourne.
2nd view. He'll never get back to his best , let him go.
Saints supporter, they should trade him to the saints for Max King.
Me..." hang on , they only want to trade him if they think he'll never get back to his best , so why would WE think that we can get him back to his best. Melbourne aren't stupid...sometimes WE are stupid ".
We get tarred with the same brush as these idiots, it annoys me at times

Last edited:
We get tarred with the sane brush as these idiots, it annoys me at times

It also annoys me that we are seen as the AFL's waste dump.
Oh Oliver may never be as good as he used to be...Melbourne should trade him to StKilda.

We get tarred with the sane brush as these idiots, it annoys me at times
last year i had some saints nuffy on facebook say he just wants dylan shiel,this was before the scary talk of us giving our gresham compo pick to essendon,it was when all talk was about us getting band 1 before it didnt happen,he didnt care about band 1,pick 14 as it was,he wanted shiel for shiel=scary

In today presser Ross dismisses the idea of Mitch as a mid - "I wouldn't think that plays to his tools."

Which of Mitch's attributes do we think Ross is thinking of?
It makes sense.

Mitch is very good at attacking a contest and having repeat efforts. Problem is when it comes to being an inside mid he's not very good at reading the play nor blocking his opponents run.

I don't think being a mid is his go.

I think he's better used in stringer type role.

I'd have prime Crouch pretty close to an A grader. He's not a superstar now, but he was incredibly reliable. If he had of gone to a Carlton, Essendon, Hawks, Pies, or Richmond, the media would've made a far bigger deal over what he brings to the table...and would probably have another AA under his belt.
crouch was very under rated. Accumulated and used it well. Perfect partner for Steele.

It’s because at AFL level Chito just gets lost in the structures of an AFL midfield.

The feedback to him is that the game passes him by.

When he plays forward. It’s very simple.

See ball. Win ball.

Doesn’t have to worry about his man running the other way. Doesn’t get lost when it’s his time to go etc.

So what’s happened is that we have effectively developed an elite medium tall forward (struggling with form) - but an average midfielder at this point. With Owens being so young in his development. They want to focus on building on the area where he looks exceptional and in time that should allow greater midfield time. Also helps that all our other tall forwards are broken.

But it won’t be Chito the mid anytime soon - which is why those talking it up as something they would like and how it would impact trading and drafting are very off base currently.

Future state. Maybe. Probably.

Now. Short term. Nope.
Really well put. Agree entirely.

I'd argue with inside mids you know if they've got it. Even early on. I don't see owens having it.

Jones and Hunter don't have it.

Dow shows signs in there. He's the one I'd be looking at in the short term.

Pou isn't really a bonafide inside mid. He's more your bartel I feel. Like an all purpose mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like RTB is a big fan of what Jones is doing at the moment. Reckon he's gotten himself another year.
Crouch might have dictated we need the depth. Ross falling off a cliff also.

I'd still let Jones go TBH. We need to put pressure on the guys in the 23-28 bracket.

Would like to get peoples opinions on Bonner . To me it seems like he gets the ball a lot but his disposal can be shocking at times with lots of turnovers.
If Bonner is still in the best 22 in 12 months then something is wrong.

On Owen's if his was capable of playing as an inside mid then it'd be tried more often. We are not a club shy of trying players in a variety of positions. Henry has been thrown in there.

I think it's more a case that owens has been involved in training as an inside mid and they've been working with him to develop that side of his game but his been unable to demonstrate that he can do it yet and there's significant gaps in there. Someone like Pou would have been able to demonstrate he can do it during the various drills and simulation. Hence he's been given opportunity.

On our board some of the ITK’s are extremely confident battle is staying.
That's my gut feel too. Uninformed. Just feel the move doesn't make sense and battle seems too settled where he's at.

That's my gut feel too. Uninformed. Just feel the move doesn't make sense and battle seems too settled where he's at.
Hawks giving themselves every opportunity with the way they are playing, that's for sure.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It makes sense.

Mitch is very good at attacking a contest and having repeat efforts. Problem is when it comes to being an inside mid he's not very good at reading the play nor blocking his opponents run.

I don't think being a mid is his go.

I think he's better used in stringer type role.
Could well end up a defender.

There's been a few signs. His body language, getting the kids in the song regularly, chairing Hilly off, the car sponsorship.

Who knows where it all lands but it seems we're still a good chance which is nice.

Looks like the Hawks board have already turned on him lol

If Bonner is still in the best 22 in 12 months then something is wrong.
Agreed , reality is if it was up to me I would delist him at the end of this year . It was a risk but it didn’t work out . I would prefer to keep one of the kids than him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back