Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for Sam of course, but I hate that a player who trained the whole pre-season with us is now going to be in a rival club and sharing our IP.
Hated it last year with Markov (briefly) as well.
NDAs exist for a reason and let's be real, all opposition clubs send spies to training and have their own means of gathering knowledge. There aren't many secrets inside the footy industry.

I’m just not a fan of six month contracts. Not enough time for a player to establish himself. So for me, clubs need to decide to commit to 18 months in the mid season draft or pass and leave the spot open for the real draft with a full list of potentials to consider.

I don't actually know why a club would draft a player and only give them 6 months - unless it is a genuine emergency injury cover.

Really not sure what you mean…. Ssp guys knew what they were in for. They get a much better shot at it than players coming through the draft. Great experience.

I’m just not a fan of six month contracts. Not enough time for a player to establish himself. So for me, clubs need to decide to commit to 18 months in the mid season draft or pass and leave the spot open for the real draft with a full list of potentials to consider.
If a player like a Todd Goldstein was available for 6 months and you were desperate for a ruckman is the only time I could see a club like us doing it

Would,nt just love to play for the coach, that is why we are now becoming a destination club again great stuff.
Yup. all three of these boys would run through a wall for this coach, for this club for giving them this opportunity nobody else did.

100% it’s just Dodo being salty we took Eyre.
That was my initial thought too. “Shit, I’ll look bad if Eyre becomes a player, let’s grab Sof so we can hopefully say Collingwood crazy to overlook him”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lot have watched him preseason.. Is he any good? What are his best attributes?
He's gotten better last few weeks.
Understandably it's taken him a bit to adjust to the standard given where he came from. And while I didn't think overall he was that impressive, but I can say the last month he has become more involved.

He's an elite runner, really quick. Skinny though. Has good ball use, and a good kick on him. The club did like his progress from when he started to when he ended up, so there is scope. Probably needs to work on some defensive stuff rather than wait for easy ball.
Hopefully he can show you guys some of his intercept marking that I never saw at training, but something he was apparantely known for.

He knows the standard he needs to get to though, and I think he needs to spend time playing vfl, but being in an afl environment has helped, and will help moving forward.

He's gotten better last few weeks.
Understandably it's taken him a bit to adjust to the standard given where he came from. And while I didn't think overall he was that impressive, but I can say the last month he has become more involved.

He's an elite runner, really quick. Skinny though. Has good ball use, and a good kick on him. The club did like his progress from when he started to when he ended up, so there is scope. Probably needs to work on some defensive stuff rather than wait for easy ball.
Hopefully he can show you guys some of his intercept marking that I never saw at training, but something he was apparantely known for.

He knows the standard he needs to get to though, and I think he needs to spend time playing vfl, but being in an afl environment has helped, and will help moving forward.
Thanks Jen, great summary and much appreciated. See you all on ANZAC Day!👍👌😄

What do you mean? The green screen just provides privacy while the injured horse is transported to the special luxury rehabilitation farm in the country???

You’re BACK!!!

You’re BACK!!!

Long time I fell. Long I fell, and the pony fell with me. His stench was about me and the merciless hooves. I was burned worse than anyone who supported Clive Palmer. Then we plunged into deep water and all was dark. Cold it was as the tide of death: almost it froze my heart. I realized I had fallen into the secret places at the deepest heart of Earth where News Corp keep Peta Credlin's soul. Far, far below the deepest delvings of Gina Reinhardt, the world is gnawed by nameless things. And there we fought. The pony had become a thing of slime, so I did mistake him for Peta Crelin for a bit but the hoooves....

After I defeated him I lay in a dire stable atop the mountain and my body left me. I went in Gandalf the Grey Bad Horse but I have come back still that but 100% more French. Oui Oui, je t'aime. Voulesz vous coucher avec moi? Baguette Baguette.

Donnez moi un pomme.

Long time I fell. Long I fell, and the pony fell with me. His stench was about me and the merciless hooves. I was burned worse than anyone who supported Clive Palmer. Then we plunged into deep water and all was dark. Cold it was as the tide of death: almost it froze my heart. I realized I had fallen into the secret places at the deepest heart of Earth where News Corp keep Peta Credlin's soul. Far, far below the deepest delvings of Gina Reinhardt, the world is gnawed by nameless things. And there we fought. The pony had become a thing of slime, so I did mistake him for Peta Crelin for a bit but the hoooves....

After I defeated him I lay in a dire stable atop the mountain and my body left me. I went in Gandalf the Grey Bad Horse but I have come back still that but 100% more French. Oui Oui, je t'aime. Voulesz vous coucher avec moi? Baguette Baguette.

Donnez moi un pomme.
Your wish is my command!

giphy.gif

Donnez moi un pomme.

I hope that despite your time away in the deepest darkest places on earth - or France for that matter - you clocked the fact that we won a flag, and that it made you smile.🏆

Donnez moi un pomme.
Welcome back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back