Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Meehan's going to stuff our brightest under 20 player
So you would prefer he gets rushed back instead of them taking the proper approach and making sure it’s 100% before increasing load?

Better off take the time now and doing it properly instead of half assing it and having it be similar to grimes that lost the first 4 years of his career

So you would prefer he gets rushed back instead of them taking the proper approach and making sure it’s 100% before increasing load?

Better off take the time now and doing it properly instead of half assing it and having it be similar to grimes that lost the first 4 years of his career

Prefer him to be fit tbh

Just bring that Dr Muller-Wohlfahrt to Punt Road
we have a dozen players who's hamstrings need injecting
About 12 is a max workplace in-house course attendee number. This is best bang for your buck.

By the by, has anyone checked that Louie hasn't been moonlighting his skillset with Fart-in-the-Bath? 'Ol Clarry got a fit bit of Meehan "recovery" about him.

Gibo not back yet. Let's not go off 'alf cocked on the Grimes comparison. This game, well it's still match in progress.

Prefer him to be fit tbh
Injuries happen it’s part of the game and jokes about Meehan aside it’s not his fault Gibcus isn’t available

Gibcus copped an extremely bad initial injury and copped a setback and now the club are being extra cautious

Soft tissue injuries are some of the most difficult because every player responds differently in terms of healing and it’s extra difficult for the first soft tissue injury a player cops because the docs are still learning the best way to treat this specific person

Just look at Oliver who copped a run of the mill soft tissue that was just going to be a week or two that’s blown out to looking like 12 weeks and that wasn’t even a proper initial muscle off the bone like Gibcus’s was

Injuries happen it’s part of the game and jokes about Meehan aside it’s not his fault Gibcus isn’t available

Gibcus copped an extremely bad initial injury and copped a setback and now the club are being extra cautious

Soft tissue injuries are some of the most difficult because every player responds differently in terms of healing and it’s extra difficult for the first soft tissue injury a player cops because the docs are still learning the best way to treat this specific person

Just look at Oliver who copped a run of the mill soft tissue that was just going to be a week or two that’s blown out to looking like 12 weeks and that wasn’t even a proper initial muscle off the bone like Gibcus’s was
See above. Conspiracy theory me has Louie moonlighting. He needs to moonlight more too, around the GoDees, FroDoggies (not Treloar, as he can help himself) and Port!

Gibo, he should take out an Intervention Order.

I'm saying hes already not managed it well. Gibcus will miss the season with a hammy done months ago

I'm saying hes already not managed it well. Gibcus will miss the season with a hammy done months ago
Are you a doctor?
How do you know it wasn’t mangaged correctly

As I mentioned in an earlier post soft tissue injury’s are extremely difficult to begin with and even more difficult when it’s a players first time copping one because the player themselves and the doctors don’t know how the individual responds and how much they can increase the load when coming back and it’s extremely commonplace for first time soft tissue injury struck players to have multiple set backs

Remember Dusty’s first hammy last year in round 17? Was just hamstring awareness and ended up not playing until the Brisbane final and even in that game he wasn’t right

To say Meehan hasn’t managed it correctly just shows ignorance to the situation without actually thinking or doing some reading on the topic

Even if he comes back this year will be most likely the VFL rather then AFL. No point in rushing any of our injured players back just incase makes it a lot worse. Hopefully with a full preseason and better fitness and medical team we can go into 2024 with limited to no injuries.

Ginger nuts should've been taking his Gatorade after games instead of drinking too much Pepsi.
Al Pacino Snow GIF by MOODMAN
true romance smile GIF

Even if he comes back this year will be most likely the VFL rather then AFL. No point in rushing any of our injured players back just incase makes it a lot worse. Hopefully with a full preseason and better fitness and medical team we can go into 2024 with limited to no injuries.
Exactly my view

Nothing to be gained by getting him to play 1-2 VFL games then maybe 1-2 Afl games at best
pull the plug and send the kid away for a holiday and R & R and tell him see you november to hit the ground running

Just hit the weights room and get as strong as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you a doctor?
How do you know it wasn’t mangaged correctly

As I mentioned in an earlier post soft tissue injury’s are extremely difficult to begin with and even more difficult when it’s a players first time copping one because the player themselves and the doctors don’t know how the individual responds and how much they can increase the load when coming back and it’s extremely commonplace for first time soft tissue injury struck players to have multiple set backs

Remember Dusty’s first hammy last year in round 17? Was just hamstring awareness and ended up not playing until the Brisbane final and even in that game he wasn’t right

To say Meehan hasn’t managed it correctly just shows ignorance to the situation without actually thinking or doing some reading on the topic
Critique of strength and conditioning on BF is classic comedy 101
oh glad we got rid of burgo he was no good ,,,,,haw now best injury run
oh should never let that guy go to Sydney who I still have never heard ,,, one of worst injury records
have I mentioned asst coaches ,,,,oh ours are no good
get matty knights ,,,now at WC
I could go on and on

I didn’t word it properly, but everyone is blaming Meehan, for all we know, Gibcus could not be putting in the work and is to blame
DISGRACE. People aren't stupid.

Answer us this - why would you stick up for a 'fitness' coach with bad results on the board ahead of players who have no motivation other than just wanting to get out there, and who you havent presented evidence to the contrary?

Not happy mate. Better be a decent explanation beyond your garbage

DISGRACE. People aren't stupid.

Answer us this - why would you stick up for a 'fitness' coach with bad results on the board ahead of players who have no motivation other than just wanting to get out there, and who you havent presented evidence to the contrary?

Not happy mate. Better be a decent explanation beyond your garbage

Are you ok? I’m just pointing out the alternative. None of us know what happens at the club, blaming anyone is ridiculous

Hope he's hitting the weights at least. Would like to see a bit more muscle on him.
Thats the shit thing, you'd expect them to go full on upper body workouts and get swole but they can't get too top heavy or it increases the load on their injured lower region.

Thats the s**t thing, you'd expect them to go full on upper body workouts and get swole but they can't get too top heavy or it increases the load on their injured lower region.
Yeah nah fair point. At the very least I hope he comes out a little thicker from next preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back