Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

That's match conditioning, he was brought in and plonked forward.

Get him another pre-season.

Teake is also vital with his 2 goals and will only get better.

Both players will be very useful 2nd forward until will dawson is ready to play chf in due time.
I agree about teakle. He could be great at what he does, back up ruck and a chance for a cheeky goal up front. I'm hoping he is a slow developing tall.

Not feeling it for pink. He doesn't have much to offer in the big league. I'm pleased he is having his moment tho.

That's match conditioning, he was brought in and plonked forward.

Get him another pre-season.

Teake is also vital with his 2 goals and will only get better.

Both players will be very useful 2nd forward until will dawson is ready to play chf in due time.
F*ck, they’ve let you come back.

Anyone who attends games will know what I'm talking about, but Toby Pink works his ass off all game.

Add to that fact that he's incredibly clean with the ball in hand (anad lowkey amazing at ground-ball gets for a tall???) and provides value to the structure, it's easy to see why he's best 22 for the remainder of the year.
Agree,there's a few big mouths in here who won't get that as they don't go to our games

Anyone who attends games will know what I'm talking about, but Toby Pink works his ass off all game.

Add to that fact that he's incredibly clean with the ball in hand (anad lowkey amazing at ground-ball gets for a tall???) and provides value to the structure, it's easy to see why he's best 22 for the remainder of the year.
Great call mate Its sometimes the things that you don't see on TV that counts for a lot.

This is the attribute that helped him pass his 'examination' as a forward when played as a sub against st Kilda - a test he aced with some clean hands at his toes for a Zurhaar goal

Lots of people screaming about the incompetence of the match committee when Pink was named sub for that game, but they knew what they were doing- a point reinforced when they left him out for the following game in Darwin when conditions weren't going to suit him

Has the bye bye Clarko thread been closed yet?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just love his forward pressure 1%s. Every kick coming out of our forward line has him sprinting at the kicker and the perseved pressure has often paid off to a turn over or missed kick

I agree about teakle. He could be great at what he does, back up ruck and a chance for a cheeky goal up front. I'm hoping he is a slow developing tall.

Not feeling it for pink. He doesn't have much to offer in the big league. I'm pleased he is having his moment tho.

pink is an interim player, he will go after will dawson is ready to play as key forward.

Given that he can play both forward and back to at least a 'bare minimum' standard (and may improve with time and AFL-standard training), I feel it's a no-brainer to give him another year or two as a handy depth option. Particularly while our forward stocks are slim.

As Chadwiko mentioned, his ground ball gets are also shockingly good. Feels like he never fumbles.

The game has changed. Forward roles are becoming more defensive and defenders need to be able to attack and open up the ground. Its been happening for decades but is really obvious now. And for that reason alone Pink has heaps of value. Plays like a defender on the forward line and is always an off chance for a goal.

He plays his role really well and does stuff you wouldn't expect like the goal yesterday.

There were times this year that he didn't look like he was up to it but this move forward might be the making of him as a player.

Tell me you know nothing about footy without telling me you nothing about footy.View attachment 2041362
sheesh the lengths nostra will go to to push his indoctrination are truly impressive. i thought registering 2 handles ie, nostra and TZ was good but this siobhon handle is next level. the avatar is equally impressive.

The game has changed. Forward roles are becoming more defensive and defenders need to be able to attack and open up the ground. Its been happening for decades but is really obvious now. And for that reason alone Pink has heaps of value. Plays like a defender on the forward line and is always an off chance for a goal.

He plays his role really well and does stuff you wouldn't expect like the goal yesterday.

There were times this year that he didn't look like he was up to it but this move forward might be the making of him as a player.

Very well said, clearly defined his role.

If we just read the stats, he seems useless...until you watch the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back