Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Few of you have said Mills probably plays VFL

Ralphy a few weeks ago dropped that he asked the club directly and they said he wouldn't. He was running the entire time with his shoulder. So I back him in to come straight back in. Your club captain doesn't play reserves.

Apart from the Amartey party , a rucking masterclass from Brodie and may be my Swans bias but well and truly in AA contention. Not to forget 29 possessions and 2 goals from Heeney.
Last season the Swans would be quick out of the blocks in games and then get run over, this season the polar opposite. If only they would be switched on from the opening bounce.

Would have to be Amartey as the second ruck which i don't really like so don't think McLean is going to be sent into the twos unless Ladhams comes into the side and we don't want that
Was Amartey on the bench when Logan took the centre bounce ruck last night? I do suspect that if McLean goes down then Ladhams comes in, maybe Horse is concerned about Amartey getting injured in the ruck.

Was Amartey on the bench when Logan took the centre bounce ruck last night? I do suspect that if McLean goes down then Ladhams comes in, maybe Horse is concerned about Amartey getting injured in the ruck.
Joel's hamstrings are tighter than a rope across the harbour. Having him ruck would be sub-optimal.

I suspect that's also why we had him on the bench last night late in the piece. Twice if I recall he's done his hammies late in the match - as Horse said its about having him ready for next week and the week after that.

Mills will probably need at least 2-3 weeks in the ressies to get up to speed, no?
I wouldn't play him until after 3 given how the team is doing and if there are no injuries.
A bit over half a game first up, then two full games in the VFL. See how he is going...
Roberts spot would be the obvious position for Mills. Which is unlucky for Roberts because he is a good young player. A bit more mobile than Mills? Mills might be able to give Rowbottom & Talylor a week off each in the middle over the back half of the comp to have them tip-top come finals.

If a spot can't be found for Fox in the team, he makes an excellent sub choice come finals time, can literally play anywhere and do a good job, his acceleration is a real asset.
If Mills needs 2-3 weeks in the reserves to be ready, then Parker may be available first. Though I don’t see Mills playing more than one game in the reserves.

Few of you have said Mills probably plays VFL

Ralphy a few weeks ago dropped that he asked the club directly and they said he wouldn't. He was running the entire time with his shoulder. So I back him in to come straight back in. Your club captain doesn't play reserves.

He may play a sub game first, who knows, wont be shocked either way, theres a spot for him

i've thought that the past few weeks ... our grundy is pretty much back to collingwood grundy ... and it's still an upwards curve ... that's why i dismiss this media crap about "have the swans peaked?"
we're still improving ... no one in the mainstream football media really wants to contemplate that
I think a few have said that there may be improvement via Mills and/or Parker.

i've thought that the past few weeks ... our grundy is pretty much back to collingwood grundy ... and it's still an upwards curve ... that's why i dismiss this media crap about "have the swans peaked?"
we're still improving ... no one in the mainstream football media really wants to contemplate that

We have plenty of upside imo, not just Mills returning for instance. Few guys haven't peaked yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was out last night so only just watched the replay. Looked like Crows put alot of work into Chad and Blakey but the Swans of 2024 have other ways to win. I thought Heeney was huge, influencing the game from stoppage and then working hard to be a target up forward. If not for the party that Amartey was having, Heens would've been a shoe in for the top votes. Pretty hard to deny someone who kicks 9, especially in this current era.

Your coach brought the game into disrepute last night benching a guy with 9 goals with 3 minutes to go and a big margin, I love that you all conveniently glossed over it too.

He’s our most injury prone forward kicking 9 was enough. We have more important things to worry about than personal milestones which mean nothing. He’s happy kicking 9. Bigger match this week than potentially injuring our most in form forward.

To hell with that.

He should have painted his body red, put some white feathers over his johnson and bumcrack and flung the door open otherwise nude to the sounds of CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE...booming out of a bluetooth speaker.

I got kicked out of woolies for the same thing!

This depends entirely on where the bluetooth speaker is located.

Was out last night so only just watched the replay. Looked like Crows put alot of work into Chad and Blakey but the Swans of 2024 have other ways to win. I thought Heeney was huge, influencing the game from stoppage and then working hard to be a target up forward. If not for the party that Amartey was having, Heens would've been a shoe in for the top votes. Pretty hard to deny someone who kicks 9, especially in this current era.

Was about to post the same.
Thought Heeney's commitment to the little things was better than I've seen from him before... popping up in the right place at the right time for a handball receive and running really hard to provide an outlet mark, particularly when the Crows were pressing hard at various times.

Thought Heeney's commitment to the little things was better than I've seen from him before... popping up in the right place at the right time for a handball receive and running really hard to provide an outlet mark, particularly when the Crows were pressing hard at various times.
Serious ?

His leadership has shot up with his form. He always looked like one of those talented players who prefer not to be a leader. Looks like a mindset shift this year, which is a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back