Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The oppo supporters are up and about tonight. Never seen so many people get their knickers in a knot like they do with the Tigers over anything else.

Most of the lingerie twisting in this thread has come from Richmond supporters bemoaning the unfair umpiring (lol) and dealing with injuries, players dealing with personal issues, and not playing at home.

I mean, it's not like Adelaide doesn't have day spas here but

And not too unlike myself you are unaware of our swath of first Call ups into our 22. This season, or more importantly this last 3 games and the next couple is all about attrition. No point broadcasting the injured, it’s all about the soldiers on the grass.
Sorry I forgot the rules.

Port Adelaide is the best we can just give up now anyone want dusty for a third rounder?

Port are not a top team yet

Nevertheless the win was highly contested for four quarters. That's a good sign for port given where they are at. Also great signs for the tigers given the short break and the outs.
I think this will be big for Port psychologically, they will take enormous confidence, momentum and belief from the win and that can be pretty important to build the season. More than just 4 points tonight's win.

Remember the days when you'd talk footy with some random and they'd often say "The Tigers are my second favourite team..." winning changes things hehe. Glad to be in these times. We've won more flags in the last three years than Port has in the entirety of its afl existence. Which is pretty significant because we were awful for most of the time since they joined.
And you've one 1 more flag then Port in all of your AFL existence. Good job

This is the LOL of the year😂😂😂
Fair go, maybe you missed the ambush and hatchet job on our club in the last 24 hours, disgracefully accused of racism with zero evidence, the AFL piling on with an investigation, all on the eve of a FIFO off a four day break, then we go 0-8 free kicks to start the game with some nuts decisions, and Port thusly getting out to a lead they eventually won by. I bet you'd be amused at that point if it happened to your mob. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had a meeting and missed the second half but was at least happy to see us leading going into the 4th Q. Great experience for the cohort of VFL kids we had out there against a really switched-on Port outfit, particularly for Balta.

Looking ahead, I just hope that this is Port firing on all cylinders now, whereas the Tigers are probably still revving up to 80%, and perhaps we get Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Houli particularly back at 100% for finals (if we make it). I would then rate us a chance to reverse this result, particularly if we were at the 'Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair go, maybe you missed the ambush and hatchet job on our club in the last 24 hours, disgracefully accused of racism with zero evidence, the AFL piling on with an investigation, all on the eve of a FIFO off a four day break, then we go 0-8 free kicks to start the game with some nuts decisions, and Port thusly getting out to a lead they eventually won by. I bet you'd be amused at that point if it happened to your mob. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had a meeting and missed the second half but was at least happy to see us leading going into the 4th Q. Great experience for the cohort of VFL kids we had out there against a really switched-on Port outfit, particularly for Balta.

Looking ahead, I just hope that this is Port firing on all cylinders now, whereas the Tigers are probably still revving up to 80%, and perhaps we get Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards and Houli particularly back at 100% for finals (if we make it). I would then rate us a chance to reverse this result, particularly if we were at the 'Gabba.
Remember just to take a breath there big boy

Jesus bloke, really working on those heart strings be sure to leave enough tension for the violin strings.

Scoreless.
Last.
Quarter.

Who cares, Richmond will spank your arses when it counts.. finals. They make it count when it matters, while other teams struggle to do that in big games.

Move on it's a season game, worry about how your team can consitently produce that level of intensity, because we all know Richmond can and Port is a sometimes team.

Richmond came off a 4 day break after beating Brisbane, travelled and had big outs. You beat them by 21, nothing to boast about.

100% spot on... 22 frees to us 11 is essentially handing a tight game like that to Port and they are cheering like they beat our full-strength side when in fact the scraped past one of the youngest AFL lists playing right now.

Lol so you call St Kilda pretenders, however they beat Port at their home a few weeks ago?
Yes, but clearly they overperformed and Port underperformed. Same as Richmond St Kilda game earlier in season.

Who cares, Richmond will spank your arses when it counts.. finals. They make it count when it matters, while other teams struggle to do that in big games.

Move on it's a season game, worry about how your team can consitently produce that level of intensity, because we all know Richmond can and Port is a sometimes team.

Richmond came off a 4 day break after beating Brisbane, travelled and had big outs. You beat them by 21, nothing to boast about.
You're right. We just need to focus on giving two first rounders to a random thirty year old spud and all will be well.

Nobody else has best 22 players missing, just Richmond don’t you know?😂🤣
Richmond's outs are overplayed a little I agree, chiefly because two of the biggest ones are not injuries, but personal choice not to be there. Which is fine I supprt them, but it's their choice, not injury, so I don't think we can really count it. Also they have missed most of the season already, so are they really going to be back firing for finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Back