Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if the Eagles choose to flood the way many have done to us this year. It clearly works well yet my feeling is the best teams tend to back their own games in more than anything else. The Eagles already have a method that is perfectly suited to beating us when executed well - though it does it in a vastly different way to the flood.

Will be interesting to see if the Eagles choose to flood the way many have done to us this year. It clearly works well yet my feeling is the best teams tend to back their own games in more than anything else. The Eagles already have a method that is perfectly suited to beating us when executed well - though it does it in a vastly different way to the flood.
I'm a bit concerned that our game style tends to be a bit too reliant on condicions being better than average . Our kick and mark game struggles in wet or humid conditions as that tends to lead to spilled marks and it becomes a ground ball game..... and the Tigers are very very good at the ground ball game.

Funny thread:

Prior to the game:

Eagles Fans: I want us to win so bad but this game worries me, I think we might lose because we suck in Qld.

Tiger Fans: We havent been playing our best, Eagles look too good, Nic Nat will kill us in the middle but I hope we can knock off the Eagles, it means a lot.

After game:

Eagles win: Hahahahah suck it Richmond you're shithouse you bunch of Victorian sooks, we are the best team going round.

Tigers win: LOL Eagles are useless away from home, front running bullies, we are the best club in the land.

Kind of hit the nail on the head ..........

Fiiiiiinnnnne

Thoughts on the Humm Dinger Cup?
Not bad. I'd just go with the Humm Dinger.

Nank more likely to blow a hammie chasing the young bull mate!

We have been waiting for this kid to get a game, looks the goods.
I liked him in his draft year, but he's a kid. Nank will rag doll him.

I think we should and will play both Nank and Soldo, to ensure we have a proper ruck going hard at NN all night, and to take advantage of the kid when it's his turn. Chol out.

Interesting thing about Richmond's forward entries. Contrast the Port Adelaide game to the Essendon game. Against Port Adelaide we were slaughtered in the centre and they had like five million more inside 50s, yet only won by 21 points (2 goals 9) because the Tigers were insanely efficient going inside 20. Against Essendon it was the reverse. We had total dominance - they only went inside 50 once in the first quarter, for instance. And yet we only won by 12 behinds.

Why were our forward 50s so good against Port and so bad against Essendon? There's been a pattern this year of the lesser teams parking the bus against Richmond (the Sydney game was the worst) but Port, thinking they're up to beating Richmond, didn't play negatively in that way. I'm guessing W/C won't either, as they have Nic Nat and a better midfield on paper.

That's what worries me tbh, as we're badly missing Prestia and Edwards. We haven't played against Nic Nat for a while, and while Richmond have a good record of dealing with dominant rucks, roving to the taps of Grundy and Gawn, for instance, I have a vague memory of Nic Nat slaughtering us back in the 19th Century, or whenever it was that he was fit enough to play us. That being said, we play well in Queensland and they don't. We like it slippery and slippery is their kryptonite. Intriguing game!

Funny thread:

Prior to the game:

Eagles Fans: I want us to win so bad but this game worries me, I think we might lose because we suck in Qld.

Tiger Fans: We havent been playing our best, Eagles look too good, Nic Nat will kill us in the middle but I hope we can knock off the Eagles, it means a lot.

After game:

Eagles win: Hahahahah suck it Richmond you're shithouse you bunch of Victorian sooks, we are the best team going round.

Tigers win: LOL Eagles are useless away from home, front running bullies, we are the best club in the land.
Never been a more accurate summary of a Bigfooty matchday thread. Only thing I would add is the during game step below:

During game:
"The umpires are gifting the team I dislike the win.
The team I like are being mauled by the umps."
"Tom Lynch is Satan"

says all supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only gaggin.

But it's free kick differential ladder that matters. You can't say, look, we only got 10 frees when your opponent only got 5. You've had exactly as many free kicks as you've given away, which is highly unusual for you. You're in the positive every other year. We're equal third worst on the differential ladder.

View attachment 945626

Anyway. Let's hope the umps do a good job.
NINE HUNDRED more free kicks over the years lol. Wow ! You'd really think that would equate to better results and more flags hey.

I'm only gaggin.

But it's free kick differential ladder that matters. You can't say, look, we only got 10 frees when your opponent only got 5. You've had exactly as many free kicks as you've given away, which is highly unusual for you. You're in the positive every other year. We're equal third worst on the differential ladder.

View attachment 945626

Anyway. Let's hope the umps do a good job.
WC double the next best kissed on the dick team. More than triple the least dick kissed team Sydney. Surely that obviously equates to their biased home town umpiring and deserves some investigation. Id be embarrassed to support such a looked after club. At least at the Tiges we've always done the job from last or way down near the bottom of the differential ladder. Talk about WA Bias. So looked after its not funny.

WC double the next best kissed on the dick team. More than triple the least dick kissed team Sydney. Surely that obviously equates to their biased home town umpiring and deserves some investigation. Id be embarrassed to support such a looked after club. At least at the Tiges we've always done the job from last or way down near the bottom of the differential ladder. Talk about WA Bias. So looked after its not funny.
You're team should be aspiring to play as disciplined as West Coast, instead of taking lessons from soccer teams

Both teams will want it.

This game very well could decide who finishes top 4 and the double chance.
If we win this game we'll finish top 4, simple as that. Lose and we'll need a near perfect hub period to finish in front of Richmond and St Kilda.

I started the week thinking we perhaps can mass rest players and then be fresh for the rest of the hub but the gain on offer if we win is huge.

Midfield needs to lift for this one for us, we missed Redden and Yeo last week and it showed.

Queensland at night seems to be our hoodoo as well, so not confident going into this.
Agree with u there mate. Call it an excuse but humidity doesn’t do us any favours. not just the moisture levels but the heaviness of the air

Interesting thing about Richmond's forward entries. Contrast the Port Adelaide game to the Essendon game. Against Port Adelaide we were slaughtered in the centre and they had like five million more inside 50s, yet only won by 21 points (2 goals 9) because the Tigers were insanely efficient going inside 20. Against Essendon it was the reverse. We had total dominance - they only went inside 50 once in the first quarter, for instance. And yet we only won by 12 behinds.

Why were our forward 50s so good against Port and so bad against Essendon? There's been a pattern this year of the lesser teams parking the bus against Richmond (the Sydney game was the worst) but Port, thinking they're up to beating Richmond, didn't play negatively in that way. I'm guessing W/C won't either, as they have Nic Nat and a better midfield on paper.

That's what worries me tbh, as we're badly missing Prestia and Edwards. We haven't played against Nic Nat for a while, and while Richmond have a good record of dealing with dominant rucks, roving to the taps of Grundy and Gawn, for instance, I have a vague memory of Nic Nat slaughtering us back in the 19th Century, or whenever it was that he was fit enough to play us. That being said, we play well in Queensland and they don't. We like it slippery and slippery is their kryptonite. Intriguing game!

Yes we struggle big time when our forward line is flooded but I don't think West Coast play that way.

We have gone in small in the backline, risky!

We really need something out of our small forwards this game, they have been down on form. If there is one weakness with WC I think it is their defence's ability to deal with ground ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back