Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, this match up is the invisible rivalry. Best two teams of this little era but no direct rivalry in terms of big games played against each other.
Between our game in R3 2017 and R22 2019 so much changed.

Richmond were off to a bright start to their season but were still (fairly) being judged according to a shitful 2016. A middle of the road team at best.
West Coast were also 2-0 but the jury was out, they’d obviously made a GF in 2015, but weren’t as good in 2016. Neither side was among the contenders.

Fast forward to R22 last year and it is a match between the two premiership favourites, who’d both won the last two premierships and were head and shoulders above the rest in the last 3 years.

Between those games, we played each other just once.

Last edited:
Between our game in R3 2017 and R22 2019 so much changed.

Richmond were off to a bright start to their season but were still (fairly) being judged according to a shitful 2016. A middle of the road team at best.
West Coast were also 2-0 but the jury was out, they’d obviously made a GF in 2015, but weren’t as good in 2017. Neither side was among the contenders.

Fast forward to R22 last year and it is a match between the two premiership favourites, who’d both won the last two premierships and were head and shoulders above the rest in the last 3 years.

Between those games, we played each other just once.

I think the other thing preventing things getting 'rival' status is that they haven't met in a final during recent years (not sure if they ever have).

H&A games fade from the memory quickly enough, and everyone knows that neither team will be at their absolute best (to give just one example, both clubs playing debutantes this game suggests neither team is the one the coaches would put on the park in a final).

To be honest, I don't think the fans even dislike each other that much....Yes, there is a lot on BF, but I think that's more that both see the other group of fans as representatives of what annoys them, not hating the club itself (for WCE fans, Richmond is the focus of 'VicBias', for Richmond fans, WCE fans are the clearest example of the widespread hatred we receive, and thus the target we're most likely to push back against).

Agree with u there mate. Call it an excuse but humidity doesn’t do us any favours. not just the moisture levels but the heaviness of the air

At what temperature?

The Tigers just sucked it up in Darwin starting on dusk at 29 degrees and topical humidity.

Players were coming off and resting inside industrial cool rooms.

Conditions are the same for both teams, sure Richmond like it scrappy and fast but the conditions are no excuse.

Last edited:
WC double the next best kissed on the dick team. More than triple the least dick kissed team Sydney. Surely that obviously equates to their biased home town umpiring and deserves some investigation. Id be embarrassed to support such a looked after club. At least at the Tiges we've always done the job from last or way down near the bottom of the differential ladder. Talk about WA Bias. So looked after its not funny.

We are last for frees for this season. That means we have got less free kicks than any other club.

Your players are copping multiple fines for staging for frees. Staging. Diving. That is dead set embarrasing. And to round things off your full forward seems to like biffing blokes every second week.

Open both eyes. This all sounds like a you problem buddy! :rolleyes: :D

Our era at the moment is actually lacking a good rivalry. The other big finals we've played against Geelong, GWS, Adelaide, Brisbane haven't grown into a rivalry (yet)

At what temperature?

The Tigers just sucked it up in Darwin starting on dusk at 29 degrees and topical humidity.

Players were coming off and resting inside industrial cool rooms.

Conditiins are the same for both teams, sure Richmind like it scrappy and fast but the cinitions are no excuse.

One reason is because the moisture in the air can make it a little more difficult to breath. The moisture can make the nose and lungs feel stuffy and this stuffy feeling can produce a feeling of heaviness.

Another reason is because sweat does not evaporate as efficiently in humid air as compared to dry air. So makes air feel heavier.

I agree I don’t think any professional sports team should use weather as an excuse. just looking at trends and past games and WCE just don’t seem to handle humidity well.

It’s a shame we’ve played so few games against each other.

My boys need to win it all this year, so there can be endless debates for all time who was the better team...

Lot of variables to this game

Eagles in QLD - forget the hub - the previous year they were terrible up their - can they play good football their - McGovern and Nic Nat are so crucial - No Yeo that is worry - he is a key cog in that midfielder which is sort of working and thats all

Rich have got a good backline - can Balta though handle one of their talls - acid test for him this week

If you were tipping someone - id tip Rich - they are reliable and play well in QLD - Eagles recent record in QLD - until they improve on that - then how can you be confident in their chances

Just my opinion - i think the Eagles need to start the game well and get early goals to win - Rich get away to a brisk start - then i think it will be hard for W/Coast to win

This game - pivotal to how good both teams are

This game - pivotal to how good both teams are

It's an important game to be sure...An '8 point game' even, that could have a major impact on shaping the final 4, and perhaps even the entire finals series, but I doubt it'll have a lot of meaning if/when the two teams meet in the finals unless it's a complete blowout.

Neither team will be at their best, so both would have good reason to hope for better performances come finals.

We are last for frees for this season. That means we have got less free kicks than any other club.

Your players are copping multiple fines for staging for frees. Staging. Diving. That is dead set embarrasing. And to round things off your full forward seems to like biffing blokes every second week.

Open both eyes. This all sounds like a you problem buddy! :rolleyes: :D
Name a single fine for staging.

Brad Shepherd must have a flea in his ear. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're team should be aspiring to play as disciplined as West Coast, instead of taking lessons from soccer teams
Luke+Shuey+AFL+First+Elimination+Final+Port+V4yniBcOrpdl.jpg

Your captain attends Selwood family reunions.

richoatthedisco it’s Game Day
Giddy up!
You're so obsessed with me.

CARN!

I'm concerned by the absence of Yeo and, to a lesser extent, Redden.
I feel the same way about missing Prestia & Edwards who finished 1st & 2nd in our B & F last year and both inside mids.

Not sure how sapped the tigers will be from the dream time game also and was thinking about the effects on this game watching Dusty and a few of the boys in the freezer box last week.

Umpiring in this game is going to be very interesting given the events through the week and I hate to say it could possibly be the difference between 2 very even sides. How they interpret staging for frees and treatment given to and dished out by Tom Lynch will be critical. The winner may even be the side that adapts to the umpires interpretations the quickest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back