Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Freo v Tigers Sat July 6th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

• Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers competing but just wasting it going forward. Look like freo in the later Lyon years.

It's concerning going forward if other teams tag Serong.

Tigers competing but just wasting it going forward. Look like freo in the later Lyon years.

It's concerning going forward if other teams tag Serong.
We have no forward line at all. I'm glad they are giving it a go and not rolling over. Freo likely to blow Richmond apart in the second.

I love that we’ve had the game held up so the umpire can explain to Short that he’s in the ‘protected zone’ of his teammate and Clark being told to move back the requisite 15m from the Fremantle kick which was for his team….

Can’t wait for what rule changes come next to ‘open up the game and enhance scoring’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Richmond tried hard all game. That's all we can expect from them during this transition and rebuild period. Freo didn't play that well, they looked a bit flat but as the game went on they did enough to win comfortably and in the end were too good.

2. Richmond: some early draft picks - yes please. I'm looking forward to the Draft.

3. Yze for me gets a pass mark for 2024 in my opinion. It's pretty clear that Richmond knew where they were at when season 2024 commenced. They weren't in contention for a Premiership. My expectations were pretty low. All I wanted was effort and seeing the kids play - both are happening. All Yze can do is work with what he has in terms of the current list. He knows what he has and he knows what he needs. The Tigers will need a few Drafts to help the rebuild period. After our recent period of success, what goes up must in the end come down.

4. Our forward line has lost all structure, cohesiveness/connectivity and spark. A big problem lies in the tall timber, no Lynch thanks to injuries (a shame). Kozi needs to do more. But another issue lies with the crumbing players/mop up players/ground level players. When the ball hits the deck, they seem to just panic, they seem to not be able to think their way through traffic, or have an automatic instinct for goal sense and goal kicking. Who was the last successful pure pack crumbing forward that Richmond had? I reckon it was Andrew Krakouer. How confident were we as supporters when the ball hit the deck and he'd be there to mop up and kick a goal or hand the ball off and do it quickly, plus his goal sense was very important too. Those type of players don't hang up on trees all the time, but Richmond need a small forward with Krak's abilities (or similar) because far too often when the ball hits the deck the oppositon are able to simply run away with the ball at will, there's no pressure to get the ball back through tackling and no pressure to do something with the ball when ball is in hand and making the opposition second guess themselves to the point of "Gee he might kick this".

5. We as Richmond supporters, we simply must stay the course and continue to support the club. I know there's anger and frustration but the reality is we simply must start again, we are not the first club to start again and we certainly won't be the last club either. It's simply our time to be at the bottom and start again plus rebuild.

Disappointing to lose again but it is what it is. The list needs to be gutted and turned over, it will be the only way forward. Hopefully Richmond nail it at this year's Draft and the next few Draft's.

All the best to Freo for the rest of 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Freo v Tigers Sat July 6th 8:10pm AEST/6:10pm WST (OS)

Back