Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Swans v Dogs Sun July 28th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I sense an upset brewing, the Footscray forward line will be all over a Sydney back line without Rampe (which has already looked shady). Is papsmear playing? (I actually don't mind him) Statement win by the Dogs by 45.
Yeah ok. 45 points pfft ! They’re not playing your blokes. Backline looks shady ? 1 for points against. Rampe playing as a third fwd defender. Injuries may be telling in other parts of the ground with 5-6 possibly out which could make it difficult for the backline but they have hardly been shady. Could be a loss granted but 45 points and a statement made you are kidding yourself.

It goes without saying, I think if the Swans are to win, they'll need to arrest the first quarter slow starts and third quarter bludging that has been creeping in. They play the best through the corridor so if the Doggies can take it away from them like the Lions did last week, Sydney could struggle.

Bulldogs have been super impressive over the last few weeks. The win against Geelong was awesome, but it was the win against Carlton that was in my opinion even more impressive. That showed that they are still contenders and with that backline and mid field are very dangerous.

I think Sydney just, but it could go either way.

Thread has been cleaned up folks - coincidentally it was myself and _Mike_ who did so… proof that Swans and Dogs supporters can co-exist peacefully on the main board.

If you really have to troll and bait each other, head to Bay 13… although many of the posts that we’ve had to remove wouldn’t even be tolerated there to be fair.

If you choose to post here in the main board match thread, keep your posts footy related - preferably about this week’s game (and thank you to those who have already been doing so).

I agree he’s a good tough player, but his skill set is nothing to the really good players - thats why I reckon he’s a bit of a ‘tradie’ (Journeyman was probably the wrong word).

Who would you compare him to in the Swans?

Whys he need a Swans comparison to be a good player? There aren't just 22 types of player in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Kelly maybe?
Will wear him like a glove 🧤

919473798ef455e45df4ff5e8fabcd6a4e05e060

Looking at the teams selected I think the dogs look the better team and should be favorites evening allowing for the SCG. I do not see how the Sydney defence can go with the dogs forward line. The swans will need to play Heeney forward to add class to their forward line without Papley. Amartey, McDonald and Maclean are up and down, Hayward is carrying an injury.

The dogs danger is Grundy giving the swans speedy midfield an armchair ride. If the dogs win or break even in the midfield they have got this. Plus, we know the umpires always favour the dogs against the swans.

Last edited:
I don't see Sydney winning this one.
With Papley, Rampe, Mcinerney, Rowbottom all injured, thats 4 of our top 10 players this year.
Dogs have a decent forward line and excellent midfield
I do not think half of those players would be deciding factors vs our lineup and its strengths anyway.

Most concerned about Warner and Grundy.

I do not think half of those players would be deciding factors vs our lineup and its strengths anyway.

Most concerned about Warner and Grundy.
Mate you watch too much of your own team and not enough of others. If you don’t think Papley, McInerney and Rowbottom are 3 of the Swans most important and influential players you need to go back to watching bocce.

Looking at the teams selected I think the dogs look the better team and should be favorites evening allowing for the SCG. I do not see how the Sydney defence can go with the dogs forward line. The swans will need to play Heeney forward to add class to their forward line without Papley. Amartey, McDonald and Maclean are up and down, Hayward is carrying an injury.

The dogs danger is Grundy giving the swans speedy midfield an armchair ride. If the dogs win or break even in the midfield they have got this. Plus, we know the umpires always favour the dogs against the swans.

Swans defence has gone with every forward line and is ranked number 1. Not their fault we lost a couple.

The midfield going to sleep may be an issue for sure.

Heeney won't play forward much, will be in the guts is my guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Swans v Dogs Sun July 28th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Back