Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

why does the one incorrect ump decision at the end trump the other incorrect ump decisions against essendon throughout the game?

I'm not saying the other decisions aren't important. Im an advocate for more reviews.

With that being said all I've ever said is that if I could have my bad decison halfway through the game or at the end you'd pick the halfway through because you have time to overcome that.

That's it, nothing more than that and it doesn't excuse prior mistakes.

The rule is dragging it in, which draper didn't do. It was knocked under him

18.6.5 Holding the ball: Diving on Top of the Football – A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who dives on top of or drags the football underneath their body and fails to immediately knock clear or Correctly Dispose of the football when Legally Tackled.

Because it’s an incorrect call that directly decided the outcome, regardless of everything that came before it.

everything decides the outcome.

Not just the last 3 seconds.....

It'd be tough to have a conversation with Draper. I don't think anybody is home.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he tries to go through the supermarket self checkout. I doubt it goes well.

The real timeline is that you were behind and trying to win a game that you were lucky to be in .. and then expected an umpire to make a call for you .. because you weren't good enough to get your hands on the ball ... and the umpire didn't give the call. That is the real time line.

You got a bullshit call at half time and missed. Who says you didn't miss this one?

I have never said we should have got the goal. I have only said we should have had the kick.

That is exactly my point. The scoreboard only says Essendon one because of an incorrect call

your point is a bad one.

Essendon won because they smoked Adelaide the entire game.

That is exactly my point. The scoreboard only says Essendon one because of an incorrect call
10 more scoring shots ?
How many more inside 50s ?
Rachelle pooping his pants when the game was on the line

The use of the word “only” is wrong friend you’ve been on the Ben Cousins gear too long if you actually think that non call was the “only” reason the Crom lost

I will say this though Adelaide’s season is over “only” as surely as yours is

its actually quite difficult to determine if Draper should have been pinged for HTB or not.

18.6.5 Free Kicks - Holding the Ball: Diving on Top of the Football A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who dives on top of or drags the football underneath their body and fails to immediately knock clear or Correctly Dispose of the football when Legally Tackled.

You cannot say for sure that Draper dived on the ball, because he was already on the ground when the ball spilled out. can you dive if you are on the ground? There is no definition for "dive" in the rules.

You cannot say for sure that draper was legally tackled, because the rules state aa legal tackle requires "the Player being tackled is in possession of the football" which he wasn't, plus it was stacks on.

if you go by the official rules you cant call it a free kick, but going by visuals/sense of the game is was dodgy af and he was lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its actually quite difficult to determine if Draper should have been pinged for HTB or not.

18.6.5 Free Kicks - Holding the Ball: Diving on Top of the Football A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who dives on top of or drags the football underneath their body and fails to immediately knock clear or Correctly Dispose of the football when Legally Tackled.

You cannot say for sure that Draper dived on the ball, because he was already on the ground when the ball spilled out. can you dive if you are on the ground? There is no definition for "dive" in the rules.

You cannot say for sure that draper was legally tackled, because the rules state aa legal tackle requires "the Player being tackled is in possession of the football" which he wasn't, plus it was stacks on.

if you go by the official rules you cant call it a free kick, but going by visuals/sense of the game is was dodgy af and he was lucky.

They will be using that video in the instruction manual for this rule from now on. Probably the most clear case

Mcginnivan has an individual set of rules applied to him - zero doubt about that, everybody knows.

But what rules are the umpires applying to the players on your team?

Think about it.

You are watching a game...in the nintendo sense of the word.

As I've just explained in another post, I'm dealing with the only timeline that actually exists. You and other posters pushing the bombers should've won by more narrative are the ones playing a should have game that doesn't have basis in actual reality.
Maybe time to stop worrying about these timelines, accept the result and that Adelaide didn't deserve a thing, then head to bed.

I don’t get where the argument is?? Not once did he drag it in. He landed on his stomach next to the ball, had it knocked under him, and then got piled on wasn’t able to even touch the balls with his hands.
You don't have to drag it in. Just dive on it.

Good game of football - seems Crows played their grand final last week against us which is typical of them.

"Don't care if we got a top four pick providing we beat the Blues with half their side on the park."..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Back