Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Dogs v Bombers Fri April 12th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well bugger me what a difference a week makes.

Bevo's presser says he has no keys (backs) yet blatantly admits he will not try Naughton at CHB.

We played amazing. Like to see some consistency

A few senior doggies players seem disgruntled and that does nothing for team cohesiveness.

Roaming Boofhead catching out Craig Kelly chatting to Stringer, he was probably trying to make him an offer to go to Collingwood next year.
That was Kelly’s son Jake ..not Stringer

#MomentumKiller

I posted on WB forum about JUH's goal kicking under pressure after last week's loss.

De ja vu.

Early in the 4th qtr, JUH missed a goal, wasn't easy but not difficult neither. It was very similar to the Geelong game. I knew that WB wasn't going to win from then on.

Jamarra then missed another one. He is inaccurate when he is on the left side of the goal posts.
Yeah it's definitely the 22yo kid single handedly propping up their basketcase side that's the problem.

Last edited:
Then you don't know Bulldogs vs Essendon. West Coast are quite literally more likely to beat Bulldogs than Essendon. I'd be surprised if we're within 5 goals at half time.
Guessing last night was a nice surprise?

Good win by Essendon.

Bulldogs are rubbish

Good win to the bombers.

I reckon there is more than a little player conflict in the Dogs side.
Or is it my imagination?

The dogs seemed to lie down rather than fight it out together. (Like another side I know)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo coaches for himself. He is a guy who wants to be out of the box, wants to be different because if they win he can then say "Not many people would play Bramble over Daniel but i did and it was a real difference for us. It played a big part in us winning"

He is a coach who makes 1500 changes a week so when something good happens he can say it was one of those 1500 changes that did it.

Never has a coach been so selfish and self involved in my lifetime. He is very lucky Tom Boyd exists, otherwise he would have been unemployed in 2023

Bevo coaches for himself. He is a guy who wants to be out of the box, wants to be different because if they win he can then say "Not many people would play Bramble over Daniel but i did and it was a real difference for us. It played a big part in us winning"

He is a coach who makes 1500 changes a week so when something good happens he can say it was one of those 1500 changes that did it.

Never has a coach been so selfish and self involved in my lifetime. He is very lucky Tom Boyd exists, otherwise he would have been unemployed in 2023
Totally agree, he has to go as soon as possible. Been saying it for years.

Bombers good. Dogs rubbish. Gee some teams are hard to get a read on.
Well the bombers had another handful of men on the ground too.

Any wonder you can't get a read on the teams , any of them, that's what the AFL calls equality, you never know what your gonna get!
Ess played better a lot of the time , but the dogs got clobbered by free kick goals to Ess that saps confidence.

That was what I saw for a quarter or two anyway, the umpiring had me quit watching,but the dogs are so good/bad that no one has a clue, and as for my club , hell get a read on them??? a quarter of absolute rubbish, then a 2nd half nearly catch up and nearly win. When winning is the whole idea.
I reckon the footy now except for maybe a half of the people that get paid to play this game, are worth a place on a robotic AFL senior list.

Roaming Boofhead catching out Craig Kelly chatting to Stringer, he was probably trying to make him an offer to go to Collingwood next year.
Rumour that Pies will offer 3 years for Stringer.

I can't see him leaving Essendon loves being at the Dons said he dosent see him self anywhere else

Yeah it's definitely the 22yo kid single handedly propping up their basketcase side that's the problem.
His goal kicking did get worse as the night went on and Essendon got more on top. He was also the only forward that looked dangerous all night for the Bulldogs, both are good points. JUH and Naughton kicking clutch goals when needed could very well be the difference between the Bulldogs making Finals and missing out given that there seem to be some consistency issues across other parts of the team.

I suspect the Bulldogs lost the game more in the first quarter and a half when they didn't take full advantage of their dominance and Essendon took their chances to keep in touch. Suspect if that lead was 25 points and not 9 Essendon probably don't get back into it. One thing that has been shown in Essendon's 3 wins is that if you don't put them away when you get on top of them and let their belief grow they are capable. However, once it gets killed off they call fall away.

Durham looks like he's going to be a star.

Well the bombers had another handful of men on the ground too.

Any wonder you can't get a read on the teams , any of them, that's what the AFL calls equality, you never know what your gonna get!
Ess played better a lot of the time , but the dogs got clobbered by free kick goals to Ess that saps confidence.

That was what I saw for a quarter or two anyway, the umpiring had me quit watching,but the dogs are so good/bad that no one has a clue, and as for my club , hell get a read on them??? a quarter of absolute rubbish, then a 2nd half nearly catch up and nearly win. When winning is the whole idea.
I reckon the footy now except for maybe a half of the people that get paid to play this game, are worth a place on a robotic AFL senior list.
I know you hate Essendon and want to see something that isn't there, but pretty sure I saw that dogs got a lot more goals from free kicks than we did.

Edit: Found it.

(Western Bulldogs / Essendon)

Scores Directly From FK/50MP
: 5.1 / 0.1
Scores In Time-On: 3.5 / 4.1
Scores Sourced From D50: 0.3 / 3.1

Wow. 5 goals more directly from free kicks or 50MP.

You need a new agenda.

Last edited:
I know you hate Essendon and want to see something that isn't there, but pretty sure I saw that dogs got a lot more goals from free kicks than we did.

Edit: Found it.

(Western Bulldogs / Essendon)

Scores Directly From FK/50MP
: 5.1 / 0.1
Scores In Time-On: 3.5 / 4.1
Scores Sourced From D50: 0.3 / 3.1

Wow. 5 goals more directly from free kicks or 50MP.

You need a new agenda.
Not a comment on whether the free kicks where there or not, but these stats are clearly backwards.

Essendon had 4 free kicks from free kicks and 1 from a 50MP in the first quarter. Any stat which says the Bombers had none for the entire game is obviously wrong, eg first minute of the game when English chopped Goldstein's arm in an inside 50 marking contest for a free kick and goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Dogs v Bombers Fri April 12th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back