News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Smashing into 4 cars while drunk and actually breaking social distancing laws vs a few players kicking to each other for 10 minutes in an area quarantined to the public?

Sure... lets remove all external context around both situations.

One is an irresponsible individual who did something very stupid in his own time (and I agree with the fine)-- but has nothing to do with an AFL club and occurred very much during the suspension of the season.

The other is still a highly debated breach of self-isolation restrictions & against the message that the AFL was trying to present to the states (behind the scenes) was that the AFL could be trusted to follow the rules of the state.

No State government is going to care about Hunters behaviour in April-- one state government could potentially not approve of the actions of 16 players who should've been in their hotel rooms. Until we hear whether the SA government will allow an exemption for AFL clubs to fly in/out of Adelaide when the season starts; lets not just assume that what the Crows did was 'harmless' RE: the restart of the AFL season.

Ok. I just have a couple of questions for you, how did you get Sam Mclure’s number when you were on the golf course? How is he taking the news?

Why would I want to be in Adelaide-- Melbourne in lockdown is still a more exciting town than Adelaide on New Years Eve ;)

Yes, you could quite clearly see the anger from Dan Andrews and Steven Marshall today when they spoke about the issue... oh wait, Andrews is now allowing AFL clubs to train like SA clubs?

So now we're just waiting for the AFL to announce the re-start of the competiion and to allow players to start training again.

This Fred is now basically just port and richmond nuffs feeling sad.

Drown your sorrows in a nice Barossa shiraz.
It is funny how it's mostly Port and Richmond supporters in here. I have noticed a few Melbourne fans here too though. Not sure if they're pissed they gave up two first rounders for a guy with bad knees or maybe they just don't like Simon Goodwin. I would have thought they'd cut us some slack given we took the tanking punishment for them. I'd say that makes us even.

And the outrage has occurred on Fox Footy Live.

Totally unexpected the exVic players (Lyon, Healy and Reiwoldt) are upset with the penalty whilst the only non-Vic player says the penalty is ok. Who would have thought the Vic commentators have been made to look foolish. Fantastic.
What if the bias was with the non-Vic player downplaying the issue? :think:

I jest. I didn't really think the penalty was too light. Wouldn't have cared much if they got off without punishment tbh. However, Adelaide have to at some stage really sit down and think about uniting as a club because there seems to be a bit of disconnect within if one side of the club is socially distancing and the other side is gathering 16 players together for a training session.

It is funny how it's mostly Port and Richmond supporters in here. I have noticed a few Melbourne fans here too though. Not sure if they're pissed they gave up two first rounders for a guy with bad knees or maybe they just don't like Simon Goodwin. I would have thought they'd cut us some slack given we took the tanking punishment for them. I'd say that makes us even.
Richmond supporters are pretty much in every thread voicing their opinions, not just this thread. Not all of our opinions are necessary or needed like most of us AFL supporters, but we are still here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here you go - 23 pages worth.

As for days? Happened on 17 Apr last post 08 May so... 21 days of outrage?

I'm talking about the media, not the Big Footy world. Can you actually read what I posted at #995.

We can’t.

the Barossa wineries are closed because a group of travellers ignored warnings and did the wrong thing.

No they are not. Stop bullshitting and make stuff up. You can go to a cellar door and collect bottles, you can't drink.

And yes I have about 10 dozen of their premium wines (The Beast and Clos Otto).

You are a troll.

Last edited:
What if the bias was with the non-Vic player downplaying the issue? :think:

I jest. I didn't really think the penalty was too light. Wouldn't have cared much if they got off without punishment tbh. However, Adelaide have to at some stage really sit down and think about uniting as a club because there seems to be a bit of disconnect within if one side of the club is socially distancing and the other side is gathering 16 players together for a training session.

The player is Jonathon Brown - have a bit more respect for him then Garry Lyon and Nick Reiwoldt. Won three flags at Centre Half Forward. The other two have donuts and let us not even discuss both of those two players and their off field discretions.

The words "Manifestly inadequate" will be used.

I could hear that in my bones.

Whately has become an insufferable parody of himself since moving wholly to commercial. Being the only semi-intelligent voice in the room has turbocharged his predilection for dressing up simple platitudes in sweeping, august language.

You think Adelaide don't have issues to work on? Is what is going on there fine to you?

Yes, they do but that is what the review did last year and it resulted in footy department losing people. This incident comes down to Hart not taking responsibility for ensuring the players acted in terms of the club and AFL instructions. If he was in his room, as it is being reported, why? Why wasn't he supervising the session to ensure the players observed the rules. He was the most senior person there. No-one else could be there as they were in isolation as a group in a resort (which is closed to the public). That is why he has coped a 6 week penalty - lack of supervision of the group which was primarily 1-3 year players.

Yes, they do but that is what the review did last year and it resulted in footy department losing people. This incident comes down to Hart not taking responsibility for ensuring the players acted in terms of the club and AFL instructions. If he was in his room, as it is being reported, why? Why wasn't he supervising the session to ensure the players observed the rules. He was the most senior person there. No-one else could be there as they were in isolation as a group in a resort (which is closed to the public). That is why he has coped a 6 week penalty - lack of supervision of the group which was primarily 1-3 year players.
That is exactly why I said that there was a disconnect within. Yes their supervisor was not supervising, but there were 16 players that didn't seem to adhere to social distancing rules. They are 1-3 year players for the most part, but they are not kids. They're adults. Yet, there were other Adelaide players clearly displaying social distancing rules and trained accordingly.

I am not trolling. This kind of disconnect has been going on since the end of 2017 and it is clearly still happening. This needs to stop for the sake of those that support them and those like Rory Sloane who comply with requirements and give the club what they have.

What if the players cant read,it is Adelaide after all

Of course they’re actually returning interstate players who‘d returned home during covid. Almost all Victorians. We haven’t had them for long enough to correct everything. Give us time, we’re focussing on footy first, which we’re pretty bad at, so it’s taking up a lot of our efforts.

Of course they’re actually returning interstate players who‘d returned home during covid. Almost all Victorians. We haven’t had them for long enough to correct everything.

The instructions (LOL, good one AFC) were apparently given to the Assistant Coach Ben Hart. He was the one who failed to read them or follow them according to the AFL ruling. That is why Ben Hart got the 6 week suspension and the players 1 week suspension was suspended.

Ben Hart is a born and bred Adelaide player.

Surely the time has come for AFC to stop pointing the blame elsewhere?

How many internal reviews does one club need to have ffs?

You think Adelaide don't have issues to work on? Is what is going on there fine to you?
You know.. it’s always amazed me how some supporters think.. And it’s shown in the arrogance displayed by some of the Richmond supporters here.

sure.. the crows are going through a poor patch at the moment and definately have some managerial issues but supporters like you carry on like this is an abnormal occurence.. nearly all football clubs go through periods like the crows are going through and all football clubs spend a few years in the bottom end of the ladder every now and then..

as a Richmond supporter.. you of all people should know this.. Richmond up until 2017 were shit for decades.. they finally made the right changes and have had some very successful years..

yet many of their fans, like yourself, are currently strutting around like prize ***** as if their club has never been poorly managed or gone through a rough patch in the past.. when history shows Richmond were a very ordinary club for a very long time. But they want us all to simply forget all those years ever happened.. whitewash them from history please..

as sure as night follows day.. the crows will be back up contending again in a couple of years and Richmond will fall back down the ladder.. the challenge for Richmond will be to ensure it’s stay down in the bottom end is much shorter next time round...

you should learn to be a little more humble..

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back