AFL Rd 17: St Kilda v Carlton, Etihad, Friday @ 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t trawled through this thread to see if this has already been brought up,but what the hell is going on with the back of Carlton’s Shorts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is a great example of umpire interference and the stopping of the flow of Australian rules football, by very very very soft free kick calls.
Even when the game started off we go and the umpire immediately stops the game and finds some Godamned free kick?????????????????????????

These blokes can't even leave the game alone for a minute, it is time we started calling them Basketball referees' .

Seriously this game is crap, and the AFL have proven once again that the standard is down, Saints better , but "than what" its crud??

Sorry but gee AFL get these bloody umpires calling contact sport instead of this terrible stop for soft soft frees.

There is now a committee looking at the castrating of our game , I think we have almost lost the contact side for players when at close quarters, big blokes running fast attempting to stop his opponent is ALWAYS going to cause incidental touching , but the rules are heeded too so strictly without any feel for the game, so much over the top, that nearly every action of a contest we hear the goddamned whistle, pull up the game and what we see on probably 60% of the time is a replay of something that is so debatable as a free , that the game becomes only worth the turn off button.

I am totally disillusioned with our senior AFL football admin, and its rules committee and the over kill umpiring.

This game is over for me tonight.

I only wished the AFL had the testicles to stand up and say we will change some of this rubbish NOW, during the season.

Every thing I predicted years ago is now coming to pass.

We have a half ground 9 a side AFLX , and we have a game that stops and starts as much as bleeding Gridiron.
We have still free kicks we can't understand , we see goals scored from frees that aren't frees or ARE accidental or incidental touching, and the word touching is very very operative, because just a mild barely even contact during A CONTEST, can and does get called a free, and how many goals come from umpire over zealousness or blithering mistakes.

I follow, and am a member of Hawthorn , so these teams are cellar dwellers to me, and the game means little, but I would have watched it .
I turned off simply because I see UNFAIRNESS some times win games , sometimes unfairness create unmeritorious goals.

And it's wholesale tonight, but when hasn't it been for 10 years and more.

This post deserves better than to be lost amongst the crowd of the gameday thread.

Carlton start slow ... let their opposition get 7 goals up ... save their energy in 2nd & 3rd Qtr and make a comeback
in the 4th from 7 goals behind to only lose by 4 goals.

Coach and Commontatoes praise Carlton for making an effort and not throwing in the towell.

Pats on back all round
Praise for not throwing in the towel but let's not forget abuse and troll calling for anyone questioning the magnificent direction the blues are heading.
Big second half coming up for the bluebaggers,they're on track.

I'm still trying to figure out where they actually fit in to the scheme of things. I thought they were in the SA conference but I'm not sure.
The club Rugby might be a bit lower standard but it's a heap easier to understand who's who

Aren't the Sunwolves the Japanese team?

I like how Sam Gilbert looks as unreliable and shaky as ever, running aimlessly and selling his teammates into trouble, in his 13th AFL season.
It's a joke others have been retired off and he's still running around.

He must be cheap.

Feel a bit sorry for Liam Jones. Yes he sucks but commentators love nothing more than picking on him every week because it's fashionable to hate Liam Jones.

Agreed. Guy goes from papers marked career ended to reviving his career as a defender (at the worst side in the comp trying to play zone defence), yeah he's not the best but surely they don't have to keep going on about BLOOPERS!

That would probably change if you swing the hammer properly.
My partner and I just had our first baby a few months ago. She told me last night she has lost any sex drive she ever had. I may as well donate my tally wacker to anyone that needs it. If you know anyone who needs an extra inch let me know.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rd 17: St Kilda v Carlton, Etihad, Friday @ 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back