AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, p6, post 83)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, pg6, post 8

You've got something on your shoulder...Looks like a chip.

Buckleys improved disposal has been noted, McCarthy deserves another chance I think everyone knows he needs to string a few more games together to get comfortable in the side and show what he can offer and Wood is no good, but who else is going to ruck with Jolly out?

I honestly don't know who you're railing against.

I am railing against people who rail against players for no good reason. I was in no way expressing my own opinion of these players. I am happy with the named team.

Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, pg6, post 8

Just had a browse through a similar thread on the saints' board and surprisingly there's hardly any of the usual vitriol on it, looks like they're resigned to getting flogged and just happy seeing some youngsters bloodied.

Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, p6, post 83

So changes since our sides last met

OUT: Hayes, Mini, Eddy, Gram, Kosi, Blake
IN: Armitage, Steven, Siposs, Polo, Simpkin, Ledger

OUT: MacCaffer, Blair, Jolly, Goldsack, Johnson
IN: McCarthy, Buckley, Tarrant, Krakouer, Wood

Probably most significant for St Kilda is the decision to go in with Ben in the ruck, and no second big guy as back up.

Pretty big changes all round huh, should make for an interesting game.

Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, p6, post 83

So changes since our sides last met

OUT: Hayes, Mini, Eddy, Gram, Kosi, Blake
IN: Armitage, Steven, Siposs, Polo, Simpkin, Ledger

OUT: MacCaffer, Blair, Jolly, Goldsack, Johnson
IN: McCarthy, Buckley, Tarrant, Krakouer, Wood

Probably most significant for St Kilda is the decision to go in with Ben in the ruck, and no second big guy as back up.

Pretty big changes all round huh, should make for an interesting game.

Yep lots of changes.
Your big out is Lenny and ours is Jolly.

You must be thrilled RL is finally playing the kids.
Pies made these calls last year, dropped very loyal, experienced players and played the youth.

Tough calls, but from an outsider's perspective, it was way overdue, and I reckon your side will be invigorated as a result.

Can't see you winning this game, if you do, wow, will be threat for the rest of the year, but otherwise the rebuild has already commenced.

So IMO, win either way for you guys.

Just had a browse through a similar thread on the saints' board and surprisingly there's hardly any of the usual vitriol on it, looks like they're resigned to getting flogged and just happy seeing some youngsters bloodied.

With big bad Leroy back, they could get their wish. ;)

Yep lots of changes.
Your big out is Lenny and ours is Jolly.

You must be thrilled RL is finally playing the kids.
Pies made these calls last year, dropped very loyal, experienced players and played the youth.

Tough calls, but from an outsider's perspective, it was way overdue, and I reckon your side will be invigorated as a result.

Can't see you winning this game, if you do, wow, will be threat for the rest of the year, but otherwise the rebuild has already commenced.

So IMO, win either way for you guys.

It's great seeing the kids get some opportunity.

Hopefully now the senior guys have some pride, and push to get their spots back, so we get a good competition for spots going like yourselves.

It must be said though, the kids picked up prior to last year have had their injury/health concerns, so it's nice to see them healthy.

A 4 quarter effort is what I'm expecting, now I've seen it's still there.

Do you expect Leigh Brown will actually play?

Looking forward to it :thumbsu:

Leroy should play. We actually didn't have a back up ruckman last week and it didn't work out very well. Also Dawes and Cloke have been given extra attention lately with no other players coming in to take the heat off them.

You've got something on your shoulder...Looks like a chip.

Buckleys improved disposal has been noted, McCarthy deserves another chance I think everyone knows he needs to string a few more games together to get comfortable in the side and show what he can offer and Wood is no good, but who else is going to ruck with Jolly out?

I honestly don't know who you're railing against.

Trying reading the comment before quoting someone on it dude. The guy said 'personally I like the look of the team' and was expressing a satire impatience with people bagging buckley wood and Jmac.
There is no chip on Anyone's shoulder.

I hope J-Mac plays a blinder and same for Buckley. The bloke is good, but he is finding it as hard to gain the love of collingwood supporters as that bloke from essendon (who gets booed by his own supporters).

Trying reading the comment before quoting someone on it dude. The guy said 'personally I like the look of the team' and was expressing a satire impatience with people bagging buckley wood and Jmac.
There is no chip on Anyone's shoulder.

Agreed. Terrible post Zahki.

I'd also add I'm awaiting the usual "Dale Thomas isn't working hard enough" and "Alan Toovey needs to tighten up defensively" posts.

I hope J-Mac plays a blinder and same for Buckley. The bloke is good, but he is finding it as hard to gain the love of collingwood supporters as that bloke from essendon (who gets booed by his own supporters).

For once, I actually agree with Dons supporters. He's a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, not so long ago I had a running battle with some one-eyed bomber numpty on another site who reckons Stanton is of more value to Essendon than Sewell would be.

I'd also add I'm awaiting the usual "Dale Thomas isn't working hard enough" and "Alan Toovey needs to tighten up defensively" posts.

Yeah, all the posters who say "Dane Swan doesn't get enough of the ball" and "Pendlebury needs to work on his disposal" will surely be coming soon as well. Damn you imaginary haters, damn you all!

edit: On Stanton there was a brilliant thread in the D&T board that unfortunately got locked. A Dons supporter asked what Stanton would get on the trade table, when the inevitable 2nd, 3rd and 4th round responses came the thread devolved into why Stanton would surely be worth a 1st round pick.

edit: On Stanton there was a brilliant thread in the D&T board that unfortunately got locked. A Dons supporter asked what Stanton would get on the trade table, when the inevitable 2nd, 3rd and 4th round responses came the thread devolved into why Stanton would surely be worth a 1st round pick.

I did take a gander at that and found it mildly amusing. The only thing I can say in their defence is that everyone want's to win the deal at the trade table except Carlton obviously!!! Grigg for Collins as well as Brock Mclean for pick 11 what were they thinking :eek: (I'm tempted to put the Judd trade in as well because Kennedy and Cotchin instead of him would go ok).

So the Essendon folk claiming overs is understandable, also you have to remember that the same will happen from some of our posters if one of our fringe players is up for trade later on this year!

Anywho getting back on topic I like the inclusion of Leroy because it brings us back to our more preferred structure of the three talls up forward with Leroy pinch hitting when needed in the ruck. But part of me also feels that after our first 4 quarter performance of the year an unchanged line up would have been the way to go. But I have faith in Mick's plans!!

I'm finding the predictions of a big win this week funny and annoying at the same time because it'll be a challenge for us this week as the Saints aren't as bad as their win-loss ratio suggests. Convert those two very close losses (against top 4 teams in Carlton and Geelong) and the draw into wins and their just about top 4 themselves. So I'll be happy for us to come out of this one with any sort of win!

Not sure if it's been commented on but why hasn't Blair been playing? Sitting on EMG/IC?

Scodog10 i am on the same train of thought. Saints playing for season tonight and we are not fully tuned and let alone don't look like putting 4 good quarters together just yet.

Do people remember earlier in the season when Mick said how some players were timed to hit peak fitness from the start of the season whilst the rest were building into the year?

It seems to me that Blair was a player who has peaked. He was on fire from round one with some real stand out games. He has also tired and has dropped a lot of his early season form now where others are starting to pick up. It wouldn't surprise me if he was always tipped for a demotion in this mid-season period, possibly to rebuild his intensity and then be back ready for finals.

Not sure if it's been commented on but why hasn't Blair been playing? Sitting on EMG/IC?
Blair started the season really well, but his last 3-4 games have been quite poor, and unfortunately for him, he plays for Collingwood, where 3 poor games gets you a gig in the VFL.

He will be back, he needs to get a feel for the footy, 30 touches and a couple of goals in the VFL will get him straight back on track, and he could be back as early as next week.:)

Really surprised and disappointed with Blair. Something going on behind the scenes? Because Beams wasn't playing bad when he was dropped either. So strange.

If we play to a similar intensity to last week, then the result should be a formality here.

I like the look of our team to be honest.

I think McCarthy might line up as the sub this week (not being a hater lol he hasnt lined up as the sub yet and he seems the logical choice for mine)

Line up something like this:

B - Maxwell Tarrant Toovey
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Thomas Swan Wellingham
HF - Didak Cloke Sidebottom
F - Krakouer Dawes L.Brown
R - Wood Pendlebury Ball
INT - Davis Beams Buckley
SUB - McCarthy

Wouldnt at all be surprised if Tarrant started up forward with Reid going to Riewoldt.
This seems a week that that move can actually be made with the absence of the witches hat Kozi.

It's Nick Maxwell's birthday today too, so even more incentive for the team(s) to win tomorrow for our premiership captain, even if it will be a slightly delayed present.

Any guesses as to whether Dempster or Goddard are going to play, you would think at least one of them will be a late withdrawal, not that it's a massive concern as this game comes down to our intensity.

If our intensity is anywhere near where it was from the very start last week, this game won't even be close.:)

Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion

why do you blokes reckon fasolo will play?
his fitness isnt good enough yet
ugle would be ahead of him i reckon.

If Ugle was ahead of Fasolo, then Ugle would be getting named as an emergency, not Fasolo. so no, Ugle is obviously not ahead of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back