AFL Round 11 - MRP - Dale Thomas May Be Cited?

Remove this Banner Ad

[YOUTUBE]vD_QQmKdnLQ[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't look good for Daisy. Would think that's at least two weeks, down to one with early plea and good record.

It should he graded as low impact, but you never know with the MRP. Could be anywhere between a reprimand and 2 weeks.

With all our injuries + this we could give Melbourne a look-in, espeecially since they usualy play up to us on QB

Thanks guys.

Looks a glancing blow similar to Dawesys' but with the inside of his wrist.

Mark Robinson the flog, was saying medium to high impact?WTF??????

A slight split lip will be low impact. It's down to intentional/reckless or not enough force to constitute a strike.

Ball players have been looked after previously in situations like this. Will this extend to Pie players?

Re: Daisy to miss QB.

Thomas out is disappointing, I had hoped we would be able to play against a closer to full strength outfit to see where we are at then with Swan, Thomas and Jolly out.
He's not out yet. He hasn't even been cited yet. Contact was made with the inside of his wrist which is technically not a strike. He may get 125 points which is one match for reckless, low impact and high contact. With an early plea and good record will make it about 70 points which is a reprimand.

Nice hit Daisy! Would of been better if it where the tip rat

Agreed but That was very Stupid by Daisy to do that and Probably deserves a Week Holiday

Robbo called it a king hit in his 'Tackle' column.

Talk about sensationalised rubbish, its a little snipe - not a king hit!

They Just Want Daisy to get as much as Possible

If he's got the five year good record thing behind him then he might get off for that, was a pretty stupid thing to do but the impact was medium at the absolute most (I'd say it is low but you never know with the MRP).

I have a feeling he'll get off with an early plea.

He's not out yet. He hasn't even been cited yet. Contact was made with the inside of his wrist which is technically not a strike. He may get 125 points which is one match for reckless, low impact and high contact. With an early plea and good record will make it about 70 points which is a reprimand.

I think he's a better than even chance at getting a reprimand, however, the ultimate issue is how he deals with taggers in the future.

Now the opposition have seen that he can react poorly to being tagged heavily, they'll be at him every week - he must be more disciplined in dealing with it.

I reckon he will get 2 down to 1. No doubt that hit with the replays will have the AFL in a tizz.

I hope Daisy gets less than 25 activation points no matter what. Better missing a game extra here than being under a cloud in September/October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol....i get amazed at this sort of crap. How anyone can start a thread like this before the player is cited is beyond me. Obviously just trying to bignote themselves..

Personally, I think the tribunal should cut some slack for stars that are getting pestered by taggers....and I'm not saying that because a Collingwood player might get suspended. I think all taggers are fair game for footballers who are playing the ball

lol....i get amazed at this sort of crap. How anyone can start a thread like this before the player is cited is beyond me. Obviously just trying to bignote themselves..

Personally, I think the tribunal should cut some slack for stars that are getting pestered by taggers....and I'm not saying that because a Collingwood player might get suspended. I think all taggers are fair game for footballers who are playing the ball

They certainly did for Judd last year, but that reeked of corruption.

Chins up and Daisy have a rest. Blood some more youth and continue the freshen up to the big stuff. All the desperados looking for your anti Magpie stuff keep looking. It will backfire again and again.

Might get a reprimand if deemed low impact and ball in play. If Judd can get off last year then Thomas might even get a buch of flowers for his time being wasted. A fortnight off wouldnlt be the end of the world though, He has run himself ragged in recent weeks. Might even get around to signing the contract in his downtime.

Personally, he deserves a week for stupidity but sometimes i just think to myself the MRP know how many carry over points players have and what reductions they are entitled too which pretty much flaws the system.

I mean, it is no brainer that Daisy wouldn't have received more than a week but his existing 5 year good record would have significantly reduced any penalty handed out so there is no doubt that the MRP boost "activation" points in order to achieve the desired outcome they are seeking.

Scott Selwood only received a reprimand for a very similar hit A LONG WAY OFF THE BALL albeit not to the face but still.

Nonetheless, just take it and give him the extra week off and this we don't have to worry about any existing "carry overs" for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11 - MRP - Dale Thomas May Be Cited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back