Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood vs North Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is it folks. We officially now have to win every game for the rest of the season to make finals.

Starts tonight.

This is quite comfortably the best team we've fielded for the year against a North squad most would say isn't anywhere near their best. So no excuses. We're in better form than they are too.

Should be an exciting match. I'm going too.

Well, this is it folks. We officially now have to win every game for the rest of the season to make finals.

Starts tonight.

This is quite comfortably the best team we've fielded for the year against a North squad most would say isn't anywhere near their best. So no excuses. We're in better form than they are too.

Should be an exciting match. I'm going too.

I'm going too Ed. Hoping for a few celebratory lagers after the game in the Victory Room.

Considering the "finals match" talk this week in the media, we aren't missing a single player thats been available for selection this year and where North are at this should be a 30+ result for us.
Not at Etihad........I'll take any win there.

I know what you're saying though.

Not at Etihad........I'll take any win there.

I know what you're saying though.

Our record there's perfectly fine, IMO. All three matches there last year were v finalists and the year prior we went 2-1 with the loss to Fremantle the only really poor effort in the season proper through that time. If anything I think it suits us more than the MCG because it forces us to move the ball quicker.

It pains me that we play Etihad tenants there as a home game, but swings and roundabouts I guess considering we get a guaranteed 14 at the G every year and never travel more than 5 times. I get your hesitance though because overall I just hate the venue!

Edit: here's a curly one. If given the choice between selling a home game interstate or playing a home game v an Etihad tenant what would we choose?

Our record there's perfectly fine, IMO. All three matches there last year were v finalists and the year prior we went 2-1 with the loss to Fremantle the only really poor effort in the season proper through that time. If anything I think it suits us more than the MCG because it forces us to move the ball quicker.

It pains me that we play Etihad tenants there as a home game, but swings and roundabouts I guess considering we get a guaranteed 14 at the G every year and never travel more than 5 times. I get your hesitance though because overall I just hate the venue!

Edit: here's a curly one. If given the choice between selling a home game interstate or playing a home game v an Etihad tenant what would we choose?

On your last point, my instinct is the former, but with a purpose.

As Collingwood, I think we could do more to grow our connection with our fanbase. If there was an opportunity to play somewhere on our terms, to grow our connection with fans we often neglect, id much rather that than play an "away" home game at Etihad, which brings us nothing additional.

So for example if done properly, and with the right support and effort to maximise the benefit, I would prefer a home game in Tasmania for example, because god knows our Tassie brethren get lost in the mix often enough, but on our terms.

In that I am probably weird though.

I'm less confident at Etihad, but I still think we should win this if we bring the intensity of the last couple of matches to the party.

the selection committee must have been reading BF, well done peoples.
I took my son and mates up to perth to watch the north v wce game over the school holidays, I was really surprised at the lack of discipline north showed. heaps of cheap shots off the ball and getting into their opponents' faces, it definitely affected their movement out of the backline at times.
actually, come to think of it, their play reminded me of a certain bears defender who had a twin brother?

On your last point, my instinct is the former, but with a purpose.

As Collingwood, I think we could do more to grow our connection with our fanbase. If there was an opportunity to play somewhere on our terms, to grow our connection with fans we often neglect, id much rather that than play an "away" home game at Etihad, which brings us nothing additional.

So for example if done properly, and with the right support and effort to maximise the benefit, I would prefer a home game in Tasmania for example, because god knows our Tassie brethren get lost in the mix often enough, but on our terms.

In that I am probably weird though.

That's my feel too. I'd much prefer that type of initiative to grow the brand and engage with members than our involvement in the revamped Australian Netball League...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the "finals match" talk this week in the media, we aren't missing a single player thats been available for selection this year and where North are at this should be a 30+ result for us.
Agreed. But given the roasting they've been getting all week in the media you'd expect North to come out breathing fire. And our starts against GWS and Adelaide left a lot to be desired. If we're still in the game at quarter time we should win.
I hope if we're slow to get going tonight we don't use back to back interstate games as an excuse.

Etihad makes this 50/50 for me, just as the punters have it. I never rated North and obviously they are a dying old animal now ripe for the picking, but never overestimate us in 2016. Also got to watch out for that little self-obsessed flog Boomer in any sort of milestone game.

Norf supporters arent confident yet some of us are. This worries me greatly.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not that our outlook influences the outcome at all but it just has backfire written all over it.

Also, EFA.

Pies have been smashed into 1.90 favs
Got $2.45 early in the week. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pies have been smashed into 1.90 favs
I blame you for that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not that our outlook influences the outcome at all but it just has backfire written all over it.

Also, EFA.
The opinion of us football forum masterminds doesn't influence the game? Well why the **** have I been wasting my time here?

Provided there are no injuries (touch wood), this will be an easy as pie Collingwood win.

All of North Melbourne's players that carried them through that 9-0 part of the season are either playing injured or out.

Waite, Higgins, Jacobs, Wood, Turner, Garner, Wright, Mcdonald. And their most important player Goldstein is carrying an injury and can't jump.. he was beaten soundly by Trengrove last week.. Wells seems to have some on-going problem too, and seems to have been rushed back.

Petrie can't get his hands on the ball, the umpires won't give Thomas frees anymore, and the off-field issues - the huge 80k fine for Scott criticizing umpires, Wagner's parts on gay websites, Turner's drink driving. This club is in absolute free fall and all of this stuff is no doubt why they have fallen to garbage within 6 weeks because ALL of the above has been in the past 6 weeks.

I simply cannot see North Melbourne winning tonight and if they do, credit to them... oh and Jed Anderson is complete trash. Whoever his direct opponent is, is going to have a day out.

Yep , grand-daughter acted it out much to her parents disgust.:), we are not on the same team but wanted to please me.

Hahaha, having trouble getting the air/pig reference. It's a slow day.

Provided there are no injuries (touch wood), this will be an easy as pie Collingwood win.

All of North Melbourne's players that carried them through that 9-0 part of the season are either playing injured or out.

Waite, Higgins, Jacobs, Wood, Turner, Garner, Wright, Mcdonald. And their most important player Goldstein is carrying an injury and can't jump.. he was beaten soundly by Trengrove last week.. Wells seems to have some on-going problem too, and seems to have been rushed back.

Petrie can't get his hands on the ball, the umpires won't give Thomas frees anymore, and the off-field issues - the huge 80k fine for Scott criticizing umpires, Wagner's parts on gay websites, Turner's drink driving. This club is in absolute free fall and all of this stuff is no doubt why they have fallen to garbage within 6 weeks because ALL of the above has been in the past 6 weeks.

I simply cannot see North Melbourne winning tonight and if they do, credit to them... oh and Jed Anderson is complete trash. Whoever his direct opponent is, is going to have a day out.

Oh don't you worry. Somehow, some way the umps will finally decide Lindsay gets free kicks again tonight.

Good feeling about this one, still need to bring it and go hard from go to wo.

Good to see Williams and Faz in the team,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back