Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood vs North Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insider knowledge of a big late out for north perhaps?

I watch the markets a fair bit you don't often see such a huge plunge without some big changes late.

Waite is a big loss that shouldn't have anything to do with the huge plunge.

Nah, you could take a chainsaw to his head these days and it would be play on. LT got one last week but I suspect the umps thought it was Wells.

Not to advocate homicidal violence, but that chainsaw thing sounds rather tempting...

Nah, you could take a chainsaw to his head these days and it would be play on. LT got one last week but I suspect the umps thought it was Wells.
If the bloke stopped staging for frees every time he is in the vicinity of the ball the umps would actually look after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanna get out of tonight with a win, dont care how we do it but just win.

This is obviously a must if we are to hang onto any finals hope.

Did a ladder predictor earlier in the week and i had us winning every game but Hawthorn (biased i know) and i had North losing every game but St.Kilda and we snuck into 8th. So fingers crossed it happens haha.

This really is one of the biggest betting plunges on an AFL game I've seen for a while.

Could have got 2.80 before North collapsed against Port, now it's almost a whole point less, some markets have us at 1.80 now.

Wow.

Surely something else is going on there, other than Waite out and Fasolo in?

This really is one of the biggest betting plunges on an AFL game I've seen for a while.

Could have got 2.80 before North collapsed against Port, now it's almost a whole point less, some markets have us at 1.80 now.

Wow.

Surely something else is going on there, other than Waite out and Fasolo in?
Yep. Daw in. Big, muscly potato.

Provided there are no injuries (touch wood), this will be an easy as pie Collingwood win.

All of North Melbourne's players that carried them through that 9-0 part of the season are either playing injured or out.

Waite, Higgins, Jacobs, Wood, Turner, Garner, Wright, Mcdonald. And their most important player Goldstein is carrying an injury and can't jump.. he was beaten soundly by Trengrove last week.. Wells seems to have some on-going problem too, and seems to have been rushed back.

Petrie can't get his hands on the ball, the umpires won't give Thomas frees anymore, and the off-field issues - the huge 80k fine for Scott criticizing umpires, Wagner's parts on gay websites, Turner's drink driving. This club is in absolute free fall and all of this stuff is no doubt why they have fallen to garbage within 6 weeks because ALL of the above has been in the past 6 weeks.

I simply cannot see North Melbourne winning tonight and if they do, credit to them... oh and Jed Anderson is complete trash. Whoever his direct opponent is, is going to have a day out.

Oh for the love of Jeeesus......

Could Goldstein be a late out?

He is definately carrying some kind of injury. He should have dominated Jackson Trengove last week but was beaten.

They don't usually play Daw and Goldstein in the same team. Maybe they will pull Goldy out late, throw Daw in the ruck and bring in Wagner or Tippett? Because it is odd that Daw has been named starting on the bench rather than at full forward with Waite and Wood being out.

He is definately carrying some kind of injury. He should have dominated Jackson Trengove last week but was beaten.

They don't usually play Daw and Goldstein in the same team. Maybe they will pull Goldy out late, throw Daw in the ruck and bring in Wagner or Tippett? Because it is odd that Daw has been named starting on the bench rather than at full forward with Waite and Wood being out.
North fans are screaming at Scott to play Petrie in the ruck more if he's going to be selected every week.

Maybe that's why he wasn't dropped, because Goldstein won't play so Petire and Daw will share the ruck.

Grundy will kill em, especially around the ground.

North fans are screaming at Scott to play Petrie in the ruck more if he's going to be selected every week.

Maybe that's why he wasn't dropped, because Goldstein won't play so Petire and Daw will share the ruck.

Grundy will kill em, especially around the ground.

It certainly would explain the line movement in the betting market. As a few have mentioned, moves this big are usually from someone big going out.

And after last weeks embarrassment of arguably the best ruckman in the comp losing to a part time ruckman, it was all over SEN at the start of the week that North should give Goldstein a week or two off to recover from whatever it is that is hindering him.

you don't agree?

I was being funny (sort of)- more about testing fate with:

this will be an easy as pie Collingwood win

the umpires won't give Thomas frees anymore

This club is in absolute free fall

I simply cannot see North Melbourne winning tonight

Those sort of posts have come back to bite people on the backside - especially the one about Thomas not getting free kicks!!

I prefer Goldstein to play. They will then play 3 tall forwards and this set suits us much better. Thomas is the only small and he basically plays as a small marking forward. They don't have an out the back threat like port and Adelaide do (Harvey will be more mid than forward).

Brown is the danger. Almost got them back into the game last week. It should be a Brown on Brown battle. NBrown has to get contact on him before he gets set to jump. BBrown he doesn't drop many when he gets the chance.

North mids, Zeibell/Swallow/Cunnington, are slow inside players. Wells and Dal Santo are going half rat power. With their running backs out they have lost a massive amount of run. Grandpa Harvey is their best running mid.

Pendles / Treloar / Crisp / Levi / Sidey are clearly going better than north mids. Howe, Sinclair, Williams, Adams, Marsh give us stacks of run.

Tarrant gets Cloke. Does he have the tank to run with him? Moore doesn't get around as much so Thompson goes to him. That leaves White / Farritto. If White gets on his bike he will be dangerous.

I reckon we have the midfield pressure and depth to get control early. if Grundy gets on top early I reckon it will ugly for north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back