Preview AFL Round 19 - Collingwood v St Kilda - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great changes.

Probably our best 22 of the year and we still have Elliott, Sinclair and Seedsman in!

Wouldn't want to be on the selection committee if the returning players go well in the VFL!

Edit: Young still in...if BJ, Clarke or Rounds could push him out that would be great.

Buckley has gone for speed (Elliott), Speed (seedsman) and Speed (sinclair) and reduced our talls and slower players (Brown,Clark and Buckley). I think the only way that we can compete going into finals with teams like Hawthorn is introduce more pace and put more pressure on their pin point kicking. I also see this as a good way of combating Syndey who we got next week.

Not too bad Tbone for someone with no idea :)

But with Nathan Brown out aswell as Clarke, Buckley, Wood and Mooney (inj) and with keeping Seedsman, we've certainly added pace and mobility, which I reckon is spot on.
Thanks swoop. If you throw enough darts, you eventually get close to the dartboard.

Suffice to say, i really like the changes.

Flying out to Melbourne tomorrow morning and hoping to catch training in the morning, do the players typically acknowledge the spectators or do they just do their own thing and head back as soon as training as done?

Also our ins are immense, really liking the side that's been put out for this weekend.

During the session they won't give you much but if you get them as they are leaving the track they'll have a quick chat/sign jumpers etc. just be polite and don't push any kids out of the way (have seen it happen) and you'll be set.

Fasolo, I'd like to see him lift that extra 20%. Has he played a really good game this year? Just doing enough to keep his spot at the moment.

his a 2nd year player whos equal 3 on our goal kicking... been playing VERY well for a 2nd year player and is an absolute gem. Ur being very harsh on him, his well and truly cemented a spot, and is starting to spend more time in the midfield now we will truly see him blossom

Also I have watched our game from last week twice, really dont think we played very well at all.
Kind of feels that way for most of the year actually!!! Do others agree ???

I know we are 4th on ladder and also 1 by 120 points last week but just my feeling when I watch us ...

Along with Watters having inside knowledge the deficiency of all our players.

Also I have watched our game from last week twice, really dont think we played very well at all.

I know we are 4th on ladder and also 1 by 120 points last week but just my feeling when I watch us ...

I can't remember when we played well and a 4 quarter game last. We stopped playing 4 quarters early last year. Maybe our top footy is enough and so intense it can only click for a short time. Still concerning that we can be matched or beaten in quarters of footy but what should be far lesser teams.

I'm totally on the same page here and have been for much of the season. For most of that game I had my head in my hands wondering how the hell we are even going to make the top 4. The quality of the play was that bad. That said, I think there are some things you have to remember and I have my fingers well and truly crossed that this assessment is correct. Firstly, you have to look at our list of outs in that game and recognise that it was never going to be all that pretty. Secondly, I believe it is a well enough known fact that when you play against poor quality sides they will generally drag your own standard down closer to theirs. At this point I'm hanging my hat on the belief that we can and will improve significantly given the players to come back and those who might just fall short. I believe that over the next few weeks the pressure which will be applied to the playing list to hold onto their spots might just finally see the team click. It's a bit of an unknown but my feeling is that if that doesn't happen, and soon, the final paragraphs in our season might not be quite what we'd hoped for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with the side to be honest...
Like having that extra pace.
I liked having Thomas provide his spark across the half forward line

Tarrant to full back to take on Roo
Reid once again on Kozi

Im going with Young as the sub

B - Toovey Tarrant Maxwell
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Blair Swan Sidebottom
HF - Thomas Cloke Wellingham
F - Goldsack Dawes Sinclair
R - Jolly Beams Pendlebury
INT - Elliott Fasolo Seedsman
SUB - Young

I really like the look of that forward line.

Wonder who else will come in for finals???? Possibly Didak, Johnson, Macaffer, Krakouer, Brown, Clarke......

Hi Guys,

Could anyone give me any information on why Nathan was omitted & any idea if he'll play against us at ANZ?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Could anyone give me any information on why Nathan was omitted & any idea if he'll play against us at ANZ?

Thanks.

Form I would say. Should get some confidence in the VFL this week and would be a chance to play against your club.

Form I would say. Should get some confidence in the VFL this week and would be a chance to play against your club.

Thanks. Fingers crossed.

Hope you smash the scum.

Pretty happy with the side to be honest...
Like having that extra pace.
I liked having Thomas provide his spark across the half forward line

Tarrant to full back to take on Roo
Reid once again on Kozi

Im going with Young as the sub

B - Toovey Tarrant Maxwell
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Blair Swan Sidebottom
HF - Thomas Cloke Wellingham
F - Goldsack Dawes Sinclair
R - Jolly Beams Pendlebury
INT - Elliott Fasolo Seedsman
SUB - Young

I really like the look of that forward line.

Wonder who else will come in for finals???? Possibly Didak, Johnson, Macaffer, Krakouer, Brown, Clarke......

I have a feeling that Young will start. His attack on the ball is ferocious and defensive pressure will be the key. The Seed may start as sub and give us some run in the last quarter.

What effect (if any) do you think Scott Watters having an intimate knowledge of how we play/gameplan will have on this game?

It just seems Carlton has picked us apart this year and they have several ex Pies coaches there, so St Kilda might try and exploit us tactically.

What effect (if any) do you think Scott Watters having an intimate knowledge of how we play/gameplan will have on this game?

It just seems Carlton has picked us apart this year and they have several ex Pies coaches there, so St Kilda might try and exploit us tactically.

alternatively.. we also know how scott watters coaches so we can exploit them too? how is it an advantage.. it goes both ways

The same effect that we'll get by having Harvey. In the end the match won't be won or lost by the team that had the best IP....

I have a feeling that Young will start. His attack on the ball is ferocious and defensive pressure will be the key. The Seed may start as sub and give us some run in the last quarter.
Yes, finally someone has come out and said it. Has a resolve not dissimilar to little Blair- will put his body on the line for the club- he is solid and we need these guys to lead by their actions. He is not dissimilar to maxwell in the way he plays and in more ways than 1.

Fasolo has been good, hasn't ripped a game to shreds like he threatens to, but I've been happy with him.
Agreed. Defensively hes been poor. Plays like a millionaire at times. Sidebottom and Beams were playing better 2nd year footy. Do agree he will be good in years to come but right now if our small forwards weren't shot ducks he'd be close to being omitted. Needs to do more. Can you name Fasolos best game in 2012 off the top of your head? Clarkes was easily v Essendon tagging Stanton when he was flying. Cant recall Fasolo having a game that stands out like that..

Thanks. Fingers crossed.

Hope you smash the scum.

Scum? Really?

Wow, does your mum know that you are posting on here???

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 19 - Collingwood v St Kilda - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back