Preview AFL Round 22 v Lions - Prematch Selection & Discussion - DaVe 86 Preview Post 83 - Teams Post 93

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Davis out

Hopefully it's just a rest, i'm sure Mick wouldve liked to rest him at some stage, we have the Dockers in Perth next week and Leon wouldn't want to miss seeing the family so this weeks as good as any, i'm hoping that's all it is anyway.

Would this be the weakest team we have put on the park all year?

Think about it, we are missing;

Maxwell
Wellingham
Shaw
Dawes
Davis
Johnson

Those 6 are dead certainties for our best 22 during this years finals series, and I just wonder if this is the weakest team we have selected all year.

I think we went in very weak on Queen's Birthday, but we won fairly easily then, it's not a good sign 3 rounds out from the finals to be losing so many players, even if it's only for a week.

Davis trained strongly. A caller/sms'er on SEN is confirmation he is out?

Don't like the Leon news. However he is an old man and probably does need a break at some stage.

Re: Leon Davis Out v Lions

The reason for his late withdrawal is being called "leg soreness", which basically means a corked thigh or a rolled ankle from last week IMO.

Either that or another victim of the concrete jungle (otherwise known as Etihad Stadium).:cool:

Re: Leon Davis Out v Lions

Hopefully 'leg soreness' is synonymous with 'just a rest'

Sad he's out, but it gets another game into Buckley, who looks to be fighting it out with Goldy for Maxwell's spot, now that Toooooves is back and Heater now back on the horizon.

Would this be the weakest team we have put on the park all year?

Think about it, we are missing;

Maxwell
Wellingham
Shaw

Dawes
Davis
Johnson

Those 6 are dead certainties for our best 22 during this years finals series, and I just wonder if this is the weakest team we have selected all year.
The worry is the bookends are missing (N Brown Dawes) and all those runners are our quicks

Re: Davis out/ Buckley in V Brisbane

Not great news at all. Surely they wouldnt "rest" him. Need to have him firing come finals. Break his hoodoo.

Also 3aw reporting Taz may miss too. Thats a fair chunk of our back 6. Taz, Neon, Maxy, Hearter, BJ.

Would have rathered Caff come in for Leon, just cant seem to warm to Buckley.

Still should be comfy, just hope its not being taken as a walk over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was worried when we had a weak team against Melbourne, we ended up slaughtering them that game. I think it's more down to whether the players are fired up than who is selected to play. Especially considering we pretty much have a full strength midfield and core players at either end.

Taz won't miss.
I do think that the club IS resting players so that we literally have the best 22 run out in the first week of finals... theyre giving blokes like Dawes an extra week. His calf is fine. They'll also be resting blokes so that they can take a good team to Freo
just remember that a lot of guys pulled up sore last weekend. The extended break will do them good.

this is definitely our weakest team to date tho
Nick Maxwell (thumb), Sharrod Wellingham (groin), Ben Johnson (soreness), *Leon Davis (leg soreness), Luke Rounds (omitted)
plus dawes

i would be very annoyed if we lost to Brisbane due to this

leg soreness lol.. he will be right to go next week..giving the boys a rest that's all.

Stll the back 6 does look a little shaky now.
at least TOOOOV is back.

Leg soreness makes sense, he was really trying to kick the leather off the ball in the last qtr last week.

Rest up and be ready for a big finals campaign.

30 kicks will do that. My gut feel is that they would have rested him round 24, but depends who else might be up for that week. No way would they rest him from being able to go to Perth next week, but this is fair enough.

Just traded Leon in yesterday.. damn

Taz won't miss.
I do think that the club IS resting players so that we literally have the best 22 run out in the first week of finals... theyre giving blokes like Dawes an extra week. His calf is fine. They'll also be resting blokes so that they can take a good team to Freo
just remember that a lot of guys pulled up sore last weekend. The extended break will do them good.

this is definitely our weakest team to date tho
Nick Maxwell (thumb), Sharrod Wellingham (groin), Ben Johnson (soreness), *Leon Davis (leg soreness), Luke Rounds (omitted)
plus dawes

i would be very annoyed if we lost to Brisbane due to this

I beg to differ. Despite all the outs, our back-6 still consists of four of our premiership defenders, plus Tazza and Buckley - not too shabby at all imo. In addition, our on-ball division (counting forwards who can more than pinch hit there) is as strong as it has been all season. Should certainly be more than enough to take care of this mob at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back