Preview AFL Round 22 v Lions - Prematch Selection & Discussion - DaVe 86 Preview Post 83 - Teams Post 93

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 22 v Lions - Prematch Selection & Discussion (Teams Post 93)

The injury list is becoming an issue :(

Wellingham Johnson Dawes Shaw Maxwell

Those are the only real concerns. No point including Dick or Brown, and Caff isn't best 22 atm.

Re: AFL Round 22 v Lions: Prematch Selection & Discussion

Yeah I must admit I'm rather curious as to how a minor calf strain (as reported by Barrett) could be extrapolated into a 7 week injury....

Although I agree with the tone of your post, they said Didak had a minor strain & he was listed as being 1 or 2 weeks away for 6 weeks. The disapointing thing is that there is no confirmation of the injury by the club & it occured at training. It took weeks of full training for Didak to be even considered & at this stage, Dawes has done 1 week of training before he got injured.

He will be up against it.

Yeah I must admit I'm rather curious as to how a minor calf strain (as reported by Barrett) could be extrapolated into a 7 week injury....
I think this sums it all up;

128783635219482163.jpg

;)

Seriously, when Damien "blow everything out of proportion" Barrett states that it's only a calf strain, I think it's time to believe it's only a ****ing calf strain.:cool:

everyones talking as though we are finished as a premiership chance. it's like the idiots on the footy show saying "ooohh collingwood are starting to get a few injuries at the wrong time of the year".we are still 18-1 and had a few out injured all year.people need to calm down in here.

I think this sums it all up;

128783635219482163.jpg

;)

Seriously, when Damien "blow everything out of proportion" Barrett states that it's only a calf strain, I think it's time to believe it's only a ****ing calf strain.:cool:

Club is Probably being Safe with him and don't lose him for the Rest of the Year

Although I agree with the tone of your post, they said Didak had a minor strain & he was listed as being 1 or 2 weeks away for 6 weeks. The disapointing thing is that there is no confirmation of the injury by the club & it occured at training.

BTW I don't want to be seen as taking a cheap shot or anything, I'm just more your glass half full type.

I think there's a few minor differences with Didak as well. Didak missed the 5 matches, but had they been finals I'd say it would have been a 3-4 weeker. Also he's rising 30 and Calf injuries generally aren't good for the oldies so they probably felt it was safer to err on the side of caution rather than bring him back and risk having it go again. I'd be shocked if Dawes isn't out there come the Qualifying final at the latest even if he's only nursed through to try and get some match fitness. As we'll more than likely get the week off to get these niggles right.

IMO I just think its a tad overzealous to say that Dawes won't be back or even that Wellingham may struggle considering blokes play finals with niggles all the time i.e Johnson's hip in 09, Reiwoldt's groin in 09, Chapman's Hammy in 08 I believe, Swanny's wrist in 09 and Didak's shoulder last year. When it comes finals time they may still be carrying those niggles, but I doubt it'll keep them out of the team.

I have to agree that the lack of information is annoying. The club had the perfect channel to let us all know what the go was with Dawes on In Black n White Tonight yet chose not to go with it which was disappointing.

I have to agree that the lack of information is annoying. The club had the perfect channel to let us all know what the go was with Dawes on In Black n White Tonight yet chose not to go with it which was disappointing.

It is a Bit Worrying as Maybe the Club does not want how bad it is out in the Public?

It is a Bit Worrying as Maybe the Club does not want how bad it is out in the Public?

I definitely think its more annoying rather than worrying because every club does it at times. Also I doubt that's the reason as the truth's come out already.

You watch, guys are missing matches atm with injuries that come finals time won't even be talked about because the clubs will shut up shop completely. The only thing I can say is have a look at how small club injury lists get during the finals and that'll give you your answer.

IMO the only true injury concern we have heading into September is Maxwell (touch wood) as Butters will get everyone one else up in time, he knows what he's doing.

I think their injury reporting is very frustrating. I'm not sure about the need for all this subterfuge. It's not like the forward scouts of the opposition clubs don't know what's going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Dawes is even at training, even if it is only running laps is proof that at worst he has a calf strain, and not a tear as some have stated.

It will probably put him back a week, and I'd say if we had a VFL game next week, he would play in it, but seeing as we don't we may not see Dawes till round 24 against the Cats as the club may not want to take him to Perth on the hard Subiaco surface.

It's just good to see him at training, in any capacity, and even Sharrod was there today too, although he left halfway through (more info off Twitter).:)

The fact Dawes is even at training, even if it is only running laps is proof that at worst he has a calf strain, and not a tear as some have stated.

It will probably put him back a week, and I'd say if we had a VFL game next week, he would play in it, but seeing as we don't we may not see Dawes till round 24 against the Cats as the club may not want to take him to Perth on the hard Subiaco surface.

It's just good to see him at training, in any capacity, and even Sharrod was there today too, although he left halfway through (more info off Twitter).:)

Club has said he should be back next week

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/121378/default.aspx

You have to love the quote from Pendles about Toovey in that report;

Pendlebury is happy to have defender Alan Toovey return this week.

"Toovey is one of those guys you've got a lot of trust in as a player. You know he will win his position."

Sums Tooves up perfectly, he must be a coaches dream really, just give him a task and you know 99/100 he will get it done.:D:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back