AFL Round 6 - Collingwood v W Bulldogs - Prematch with DaVe86's Preview p4 #58, Teams p5 #70

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, that's it, enjoyed my time on this board, but this the second week in a row I have been basically abused for giving an opinion, an opinion which I state is my opinion, and is in no way ever 100% correct, IT'S A ****ING OPINION.

I may return to these boards in a few weeks, but for now, GO PIES.

Ignore the kids and crackheads Matty123....clearly, we are all giving our opinions. I, too, am sick of the sarcasm and abusive remarks directed at decent posters here. We cope it on the supercoach board where "experts" abuse people for not playing how they would play without any objective input.

Now, it is happening more and more here. FFS a case can be made that in comparison to his best, Beams is in poor form this year. I thought Toovey and Davis were brilliant at the crunchtime for us last week. Few commentators mentioned them as medal contenders. It was just how I saw it. Brian Taylor has been abused for giving Leon 3 votes. A strong case can be made he deserved it.

When will supporters wake up to "player management" in 2011. With few injuries and a solid start we are in a perfect position to manage players over the whole season. Last week it was Kraks..this week Beams...soon it will be Wellingham and Blair then Sidebottom etc...omitted/ dropped - who cares? We are managing fitness/form/injuries etc.

How about dropping the belittling tirades and add positive arguments to the board?

We have enough trolls from the opposition dropping in to abuse without turning on our own.

You're entitled to post your opinion Matty123 without the abuse. Sadly, others on here seem to think otherwise.

I'm not arguing the reasons for him being dropped, as I'm fairly sure it is simply part of the rotation policy. I'm arguing against some clown calling Beams poor this season.

In our bottom half? So being in our bottom half for two games means he's been poor and should be dropped?

You clearly stated that Beams was dropped for form reasons, yet now you backtrack and say he is being "rotated". I've got no issues with that, what I have issues with is someone saying he's been poor and has been dropped for form reasons.

I'll give you ten players names who he's been better than this season. Brown, Krakouer, Didak, Tarrant, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Maxwell, Johnson, Davis, Reid. Add MacCaffer, Dick, Buckley and Wood as players who've only played limited games. I'd probably even add Jolly to that list, as he's been poor this season also.

If he's bottom half, it's very very marginal, and there's plenty of others whom deserve the chop ahead of him.

Understand and completely agree with what you are trying to say, but both Ben Reid and Ben Johnson have been very good so far this season. and if Beams is in front of them it couldn't be by much.

I am shocked by Beams' omission. If he plays for the VFL side I will be even more shocked. If Krak had the stats and output of Beams I wonder if they would've dropped him? Mick has always been one to play favorites (see Leon) but Wellingham and Sidebottom are much worthier candidates for a "rest" in the VFL. Not Happy.

I really enjoy your previews Dave but to do justice to your efforts they really need to be posted after the final teams are announced. I understand that this may be difficult for you but to preview the game accurately the omissions of Jolly and Higgins needed to be included. Keep up the good work.

Beams has not been fine this year, he hasnt done much at all. He is a good kick at goal but thats all he has been doing just kicking a few goals and nothing else. I think he got the feeling that he has a spot cemented in the side and took it a bit easier. No doubt he is in the best 22 at best but he needed this wake up call and its a great move by Mick Malthouse.

If over 20 possies and a couple of goals a game is poor form then we must be going ok. Offensively Beams is going very well as far as Im concerned.

Im going to take a stab in the dark and suggest his defensive pressure may not have been up to Micks standards in the last 3 weeks. He has laid 3 tackles in the last 3 games which is not enough. I think in general our defensive pressure and tackling has not been as good this year.

Its a good position to be in and a few blokes would really be on there toes with decisions like this.

I hope its only for one week because as far as im concerned Beams is a star.

If Gold Coast can win a game of football, then Collingwood will certainly lose one.

Nice and to the point Dave!! But change the will to could and that would be more correct...:p

Loving this game is on in Canada this week. We should run away with this one. According to Christianson/Licca the doggies have the highest turnovers at the moment and we all know what Collingwood does with turnovers......

We should win this and if we take them seriously (like we should) then it could be eeriely similiar to our first quarter against them last year in Round 1 and be all over.

Pies by plenty, plenty, plenty.....It might be the last televised game on the big TV til finals so do the right thing pies!!

What is the difference between being dropped and omitted?

Dropped has that negative connotation of lack of form, being a **** whatever. You can be omitted for structural reasons, resting etc etc

Who the **** do you think you are abusing one of the best posters on our board you muppet! You just joined our board and to call him one of the most clueless fans we have on the board when you havnt even been on here for a month is stupid.

To be fair, although he was a little harsh, he does have a point.
I feel many a poster on this board put across certain views and then turn around and dismiss others, as if they "know", when really it's just an opinion. It breeds malcontent and Jesus was just venting his frustration, like yourself.

Im not taking sides her daics and Jesus was perhaps hard on him but I also have to make the point that length of time on bigfooty as absolutely no indication as to how much clue someone has.

I am not questioning if he has a clue or not, I am just saying to abuse a poster who has been on for a while and is a loyal and regular poster on the Collingwood board is a joke especially after he has just joined and doesnt know him as a poster well enough.

Expect Malthouse to have a big rant 'no excuses for losing this game' it's going to be a week of upsets and expect Collingwood to be one of them. The dogs needs a big scalp and will be a highly contested game where the dogs will come on top.

Expect Malthouse to have a big rant 'no excuses for losing this game' it's going to be a week of upsets and expect Collingwood to be one of them. The dogs needs a big scalp and will be a highly contested game where the dogs will come on top.

Really? In that case there is no point going to the game if your a Collingwood fan.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And grant will kick ten right?

This isn't dreamland, we are a consuderably better side then you. You cannot win only lose bravely.

Good luck and get the **** off our board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Beams issue, instead of having a shit fight, why wouldn't you just look at our last couple of games?

Beams has had 3 tackles in total the last 3 games, playing mainly as a small forward/high half forward. Anyone think this is enough given we play a hard press?

I might add two weeks straight a half back has cut us up, i will give you one guess who was matched up to deledio in the 3rd quarter and who had heppell for the most part on ANZAC Day.

I prefer that we send thos message now then getting stuck come august september like we did last year with Davis.

Beamsy is having a rest, probably his form is dipping a bit, but he'll need a rest at some point, may as well be now. Would expect Steele probably as the sub this week since he's been up for a while now, or maybe even Dids, depending on if they think Dids still needs to keep playing at the moment. Or could be Blair. Or I could just keep naming everyone and tell you all I was right.

Sidey the sub. I've been picking him as the sub for the last 3 weeks, so if I keep going, surely I get it right at some point.

Leon, Krak & Dick all have good reasons to be played in the 21, giving MMs' 'player management' strategy. Krak didn't play last week, Dick was the sub and Leon looked comfortable down back and needs more time down there.

I can't see Dids being the sub. To me, he looks like he is still lacking confidence in his pec, although no strapping last week was positive, and match condition.

He has a very good record against the Dogs and have a feeling this could be the game that we see the Dids of 2009/2010.

He has a very good record against the Dogs and have a feeling this could be the game that we see the Dids of 2009/2010.

He tears us a new "you know what" in most recent contests. With Addison coming into the team maybe his role will be to try and negate him.

A lot of Dogs supporters are worried about the 2 bigs in Cloke and Dawes but I'm more worried about the smalls: Didak, Krakouer, Dick and even Davis roated in there will all trouble our tall backline. They should kick a fairly high score between them.

Anyway good luck tomorrow guys. I hope we put up a fight but I can't see us getting within 6 - 7 goals.

- Too much abuse for our own and other supporters. Geez people it's opinion and passion, don't attack the person. Let's attack people who don't care about AFL!

- I'd say Beams may be injured or sore. Please don't question form, what do we expect 22 guys to get 25+ touches and 2+ goals each? Ask Mick what his roles have been etc and his opinion on his form.

- Finally, I think this will be a statement game. Over the last few years after performances slightly below our best and on short breaks when people think we're vulnerable we come out hard. I expect the Dogs to be savaged. Go Pies!

- Too much abuse for our own and other supporters. Geez people it's opinion and passion

Well said.

Re other supporters, unless they are obviously or covertly taking the **** I think most would agree they should be welcomed and encouraged.

They add diversity of opinion, and always interesting to see how they see our guys from an oppostion perspective.

Different if they are trolling, first they are best ignored given they are simply seeking attention, and second, mods can deal with that.

Just report the post by using the exclamation icon under ther user name.

Beams has not been fine this year, he hasnt done much at all.
cmonson; he's been fine.

solid in rd 1
great in rd 2
good to solid in rd 3
good in rd 4
solid in rd 5 (subbed off)

that's how i've seen his form this year. p consistent and haven't considered him in the gun as far as form goes.
that he didn't play 2nds today suggests he wasn't dropped for form reasons and was instead dropped for rotations/rest. :thumbsu:

I think he got the feeling that he has a spot cemented in the side and took it a bit easier.
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back