Autopsy AFLW 2017 R7 v Ade (@ Oly Park) game #30, 'pies gallant in defeat (46-70) #165 - THANKS TO PLAYERS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

1,3 - is all too common for VFL watchers, at the very least we need some shade sails as ground only has a small slither of shade available, which is on the glasshouse side. Hopefully we see some games at Vic Park next season.

2 - I found this strange last match having been allowed on the ground for the VFL, but thinking about it I don't think fans were permitted on the ground after the matches at Ikon Park either, perhaps it's an AFL directive? The other thing to consider is the players put heaps of time into walking the boundary to interact with fans after the match and having supporter access to the ground would probably compromise this.

6 - Geelong have been putting a lot of work into the region. They're also replacing the Geelong Magpies in the VFL this year

I must be hallucinating, because I distinctly recall kick to kick being allowed after the season opener. We waited for the crowd to clear before leaving and I distinctly remember kids taking part in the time-honoured tradition of sprinting towards the middle after the siren, trying to get that prime slice of real estate...

So, I'm not sure what's going on with us. Maybe we just are too precious with our turf...?

When you posted about taking your kids to the game today, I didn't want to come across as being negative (again), and said nothing. But Olympic Park is quite simply not an appropriate venue to watch footy. I would have loved to have been there today, but it is not good enough. I am fair skinned and even with hats and sunscreen, I cannot stand in the sun. It makes me ill.

I have loved the AFLW season, but next year we have to play our games at Vic Park. We just have to. The club has to think of the supporters.

Agree. Espically with Large Crowd like today. Not Bad for VFL Games but Only with Small Crowds.

Hopefully the Club and Yarra Council can figure something out because Olympic Park does not get me too Excited to go to Games

I must be hallucinating, because I distinctly recall kick to kick being allowed after the season opener. We waited for the crowd to clear before leaving and I distinctly remember kids taking part in the time-honoured tradition of sprinting towards the middle after the siren, trying to get that prime slice of real estate...

So, I'm not sure what's going on with us. Maybe we just are too precious with our turf...?

I remember at VFL Games Can go out there During the Breaks and After a Game for Kick to Kick. Might be different for the AFLW

I think they did do kick to kick after the opener at ikon as a celebration of the game.

like to thank the ladies on a great effort in there 1st season. very proud of there effort.
looking forward to next year already

I left when the players were still walking the boundary, so there's a fair chance I didn't stay long enough to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFLW 2017 R7 v Ade (@ Oly Park) game #30, 'pies gallant in defeat (46-70) #165 - THANKS TO PLAYERS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back