Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A small point but why would they say he needed to leave her AND make her terminate the pregnancy? If there’s a message about focusing on the football that seems well and truly overkill.

lol what do you think he was doing?
What an inane comment. I think it's pretty obvious I want him to to address the specific incident I highlighted (point me to where he has if I've been living under a rock).

"Lol"ing at something as serious as this shows a lack of character. Grow up.

What an inane comment. I think it's pretty obvious I want him to to address the specific incident I highlighted (point me to where he has if I've been living under a rock).

I'm thinking this was mucking around. Didn't he have Aaron Hall's son upside down at training?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it bizarre that you would think clarko would hurt or threaten a child. Full stop. Let alone in front of his parents in a hallway filled with people.

Its emotive, carefully constructed framing aimed at denigrating a man that loves kids.

lol what do you think he was doing?
Clarkeson has addressed the allegation. He and Fagan both reject this incident ever happened. Both are more than willing to be examined by counsel in the Federal Court. I suggest Mr Rioli should also agree to be examined on his claim in a public hearing under oath in the same court.

Clarkeson has addressed the allegation. He and Fagan both reject this incident ever happened. Both are more than willing to be examined by counsel in the Federal Court. I suggest Mr Rioli should also agree to be examined on his claim in a public hearing under oath in the same court.

As far as I’m aware, this is a brand new “allegation”. It certainly wasn’t mentioned in the abc interviews with the mother and father that I can recall.

Don’t think that’s from Mr Rioli.

I find it bizarre that you would think clarko would hurt or threaten a child. Full stop. Let alone in front of his parents in a hallway filled with people.

Its emotive, carefully constructed framing aimed at denigrating a man that loves kids.
I don't know the man other than public press conferences he's done and appearances as an AFL football coach. How do you?

I'm impressed by the way he's conducted himself as a coach at North Melbourne but he's also had a hot temper to put it mildly.

Don't you ****ing dare put words in my mouth RE - the bolded part of your reply. You're being as manipulative as the "constructed framing" you're railing against. I've regarded you as a decent poster but this crap has me second guessing.

To repeat myself (hopefully you have the capacity to comprehend this time) - I just want him to specifically address the alleged incident. I'm obviously hoping the event didn't occur but am not informed enough to categorically state the alleged incident didn't happen. Hence why I want it addressed. It's encouraging Clarkson has consistently stated he wants the same.

Clarko being a weird unit is well known, a few our boys have said it. He doesn't always seem to know what the appropriate boundaries are and becomes heavily invested in his players lives (buying Grant Birchall a dog etc).
But that intensity and building close relationships with his players is what has made him as a coach. Just skates over the boundaries sometimes.

He is and never has been guilty of anything more than insensitivity and not always reading the room.

Reckon there's more to the Petersen story, that's not been told yet. Such as it was a toxic/abusive relationship or excessive drug/alcohol usage, something that would make the club worried about it.
Because there's no similar allegations from any of the other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko being a weird unit is well known, a few our boys have said it. He doesn't always seem to know what the appropriate boundaries are and becomes heavily invested in his players lives (buying Grant Birchall a dog etc).
But that intensity and building close relationships with his players is what has made him as a coach. Just skates over the boundaries sometimes.

He is and never has been guilty of anything more than insensitivity and not always reading the room.

Reckon there's more to the Petersen story, that's not been told yet. Such as it was a toxic/abusive relationship or excessive drug/alcohol usage, something that would make the club worried about it.
Because there's no similar allegations from any of the other players.
You want to look at excessive gambling in which individuals have lost their life savings. That's the real story.

You want to look at excessive gambling in which individuals have lost their football savings. That's the real story.
Would be an all too common story unfortunately. Disposable income and plenty of free time.
Starts off as fun, then gets out of hand chasing losses.

I think the court documents should have been suppressed if possible until after the proceedings.
When the allegations have already been substantially ventilated in public, I'm not sure how much benefit a suppression order would have. At least this way we can expect to hear the coaches' perspective earlier than we would otherwise.

Just to be clear,

Clarko is alleged to have said terminate the baby or your career is in jeopardy.

The pregnancy was not terminated

The player was given a contract extension

Yes?
TBL - whether he was given an extension or not is not the point here.

The allegation is very serious and Clarko needs the opportunity to defend this (as has been the case since day 1 of this saga). Fagan also needs to be given the opportunity to say what he recalls of this conversation.

It's clear now why Clarko has been so impacted by these events - alot of the allegations raised are serious but this one re abortion goes to the core of him as a person.

Let's hope he gets the chance to defend himself under oath so this can be put to bed finally.

TBL - whether he was given an extension or not is not the point here.

The allegation is very serious and Clarko needs the opportunity to defend this (as has been the case since day 1 of this saga). Fagan also needs to be given the opportunity to say what he recalls of this conversation.

It's clear now why Clarko has been so impacted by these events - alot of the allegations raised are serious but this one re abortion goes to the core of him as a person.

Let's hope he gets the chance to defend himself under oath so this can be put to bed finally.

Im not sure how to respond to be honest.

Suffice to say that yes, it will be great to hear clarko and the other witnesses respond.

Especially given we have now heard/read the allegation 3 times without them getting their say.

I’ll just add that seemingly no pregnancy was terminated. And no career in jeopardy.

Can’t see how that’s irrelevant when determining whether something did or didn’t take place.

View attachment 2069711

Highlighted is the most concerning aspect of the report from my pov. Would like Clarkson to address this allegation.
I think it's fair to be concerned about all of it, including this particular, but I do find the drafting curious, if not odd.

It's completely devoid of context, and framed to suggest that, seemingly for no reason, with father and family apparently looking on, Clarkson has pinned a child against a wall.

And of course, Peterson has returned to the club after the traumas he suffered 7-8 years earlier, with family in tow

There's still a chance for a settlement, and I really hope one eventuates, because some of these particulars under cross examination are going to be painfully dissected.

I could be wrong, but I struggle to imagine a world in which someone could push a 9 year old aggressively up against a wall with their forearm across the throat/chest, in front of people, and not get decked and the shit kicked out of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back