Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When the allegations have already been substantially ventilated in public, I'm not sure how much benefit a suppression order would have. At least this way we can expect to hear the coaches' perspective earlier than we would otherwise.
Bit like the member of a 'prominent AFL family' up on rape charges. The judge suppressed his name but everyone knows who it is.

And of course, Peterson has returned to the club after the traumas he suffered 7-8 years earlier, with family in tow

There's still a chance for a settlement, and I really hope one eventuates, because some of these particulars under cross examination are going to be painfully dissected.

Yes. it will get really really ugly.

These pages allegations read like a script of days of our lives, absolutely no pregedice whatsoever.
It's the accuser's filings. Of course it's heavily biased.

It's shitty, but that's the adversarial legal system for you.

Yes. it will get really really ugly.
Yep - 'he said, she said' testimony is always difficult to prove. Just don't know how this ends with most folk satisfied. I suppose the nature of legal action like this is that one side won't be happy.

Hang on, what happened to Clarkson Fagan won't be named specially in the courts?

This is complete bs, they are deliberately going to try to mudsling against clarkson.

Better get the lawyers ready to ensure hawks don't do a deal with those people to put everything on clarkson.

Clarkson pinned a ****ing 9 year old up against a wall?

Yeh ****ing rightio - and not one of the other 4 people in attendance reacted, or intervened?

Because Clarkson was so livid that this child was in fact born against his own will????

****ing spare me

That was never said?

It was stated that they weren't defendants (only the club is) not that they weren't being named.

So hang on, what happens if hawthorn is found to be totally guilty of all these crimes?

Do they then in turn sue clarkson for damages?

Can afl ban clarkson or force him to resign?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson pinned a ****ing 9 year old up against a wall?

Yeh ****ing rightio - and not one of the other 4 people in attendance reacted, or intervened?

Because Clarkson was so livid that this child was in fact born against his own will????

****ing spare me
Was that ever named in the original report or is it just a recent allegation that was decided to be raised?

Of racism of course.

What if hawthorn is found guilty of all the allegations, will clarkson lose his job or banned for life or perhaps jail term or anything like that?
Slow down, slow down. The case is a civil one, involving claims of unlawful discrimination, resulting in personal and economic harm; if the court found that occurred, damages would be awarded in favour of the complainants for which HFC would be liable (not the individuals). No one is going to gaol.

The AFL has already commissioned inquiries by a former Federal court judge and Gordon Legal, which concluded the complaints could not be substantiated.

I think it's fair to be concerned about all of it, including this particular, but I do find the drafting curious, if not odd.

It's completely devoid of context, and framed to suggest that, seemingly for no reason, with father and family apparently looking on, Clarkson has pinned a child against a wall.

And of course, Peterson has returned to the club after the traumas he suffered 7-8 years earlier, with family in tow

There's still a chance for a settlement, and I really hope one eventuates, because some of these particulars under cross examination are going to be painfully dissected.
It's extremely plausible that the alleged incident hadn't happened. If it didn't happen that's great from my NM supporter perspective and Clarkson should countersue for the shameful libel he's been subjected to.

EDIT- Missed an all important "hadn't"

Speaking of shameful libel - the big lebowski said I think this -

I find it bizarre that you would think clarko would hurt or threaten a child.

Either show the evidence where I said that or retract the libelous statement. I have never said this and your statement tarnishes my character. By ignoring my protestations to your statement above you instead show your lack of character.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back