Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically, if Melbourne get an extra pick for frawley. And we don't have to use pick 8 for Moore. I could see Melbourne agreeing to Harry and pick 9, in exchange for pick 3. They will end up still having pick 2, pick 9 and they get Harry. We get pick 3, can take the third best available.
Surely that's paying overs by Melboure.

We must get younger. Trade our crappy senior players like Lumumba for O'rourke and other young players.
I'd look to trade: Dwyer, Keeffe and young also. We are already 2 years into a rebuild with so many quality young players, if we really commit and go hard for young players and picks we will only need 2 average seasons before we rise again. The past 2 off seasons we have done a great job of accumulating youth, back it up with the next 2 and we are set for another tilt.

DO NOT DO WHAT CARLTON AND ESSENDON SEEM OBSESSED WITH AND RECRUIT OLDER HACKS FOR SHORT TERM MEDIOCRITY
We are in the business to win flags, not hand around the bottom half of the 8.

Hypothetically, if Melbourne get an extra pick for frawley. And we don't have to use pick 8 for Moore. I could see Melbourne agreeing to Harry and pick 9, in exchange for pick 3. They will end up still having pick 2, pick 9 and they get Harry. We get pick 3, can take the third best available.
YEP I"M ALL IN ON THIS ONE SO TEXT HINE BRASCO :)

Surely that's paying overs by Melboure.
Premiership player. All Australian. When a player changes clubs they usually have a couple of big seasons. If we don't get something good. We will regret him leaving and then performing at a high level elsewhere. Roos has a good history of getting the best out of recycled player. Picking up Harry in exchange for moving 6 places in the draft sounds about right to me. Especially if Melbourne like someone around that pick 9. Like Salem last year. The key to it would be them getting the extra pick for frawley.

Premiership player. All Australian. When a player changes clubs they usually have a couple of big seasons. If we don't get something good. We will regret him leaving and then performing at a high level elsewhere. Roos has a good history of getting the best out of recycled player. Picking up Harry in exchange for moving 6 places in the draft sounds about right to me. Especially if Melbourne like someone around that pick 9. Like Salem last year. The key to it would be them getting the extra pick for frawley.
Probably end up with a second or third round pick for him. Won't have a lot of interest regardless of his premiership player status. Moving up in the third round would be awesome but it's a pipe dream surely.

Whatever we get for him just move him on. He isn't best 22 any more and is on decline as a footballer. I'd take a second or third rounder for him just to get him off our books.

His currency is declining with every holier than thou moment or brain fade.

Whatever we get for him just move him on. He isn't best 22 any more and is on decline as a footballer. I'd take a second or third rounder for him just to get him off our books.

His currency is declining with every holier than thou moment or brain fade.
Probably still best 22 for us but not most clubs. But I agree, he needs a fresh start.

Probably still best 22 for us but not most clubs. But I agree, he needs a fresh start.

Not even for us.

Seedsman, Oxley, Ramsey, Langdon, Scharenberg (when fit) and Sinclair all will be better for the game time across half back instead of Lumumba sucking us dry with his terrible output. And if you want to play him as a midfielder- take your pick- all of Kennedy, Broomhead, Adams, Thomas etc are all superior options.

He is only best 22 based on previous reputation however, all those credits are officially gone. He is not the footballer he was in 2010. That man in 2010 could defend to save his life, kept it simple and played within his limitations. After 2010/2011 he went off the rails.

Why don't we trade Harry for Buddy? Sydney need abit of salary cap relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos obviously thinks he has some value. He was quick to organize a catch up with him to discuss where he is at. The story only just broke and they were having coffee.

Roos obviously thinks he has some value. He was quick to organize a catch up with him to discuss where he is at. The story only just broke and they were having coffee.
Yeah he saw him as a player who he could get cheap to help his young list. Like a poor poor mans Heath Shaw. We ain't getting a first round upgrade for him alone.

No more talking him down in the hope he stays; that's being selfish.
It's time to share his wisdom and skills with another club and their supporters.
He's a premiership player, takes the game on, brings the fan to their feet when he kicks a goal from outside 50.
He's a star!!

I would also like a house full of sumpermodels, a 55 gallon drum of baby oil and a hottub. But there is more chance of that happening than either H getting us from pick 8 to 2, or us not needing to use pick 8 anyway for Moore.
If we get Moore at pick 27, manage to turn pick 8 into pick 3 and get rid of Lumumba during the trade period then Hine deserves a knighthood and a statue

Theoretically I agree. Probably a pretty outside chance but hypothetically sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back