Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 13 vs Essendon & changes for round 14 vs West Coast

Best vs Dons

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does every team play their grand final against us?

It’s true , smasha theory on the # is 100% . It’s also true about media and oppo fans hating us , I never really thought it was true but just have a look at the last 3 years , and in particular this year . We make oppo and media people melt whatever we say /do/play etc . I rekon we are hated on par with Donald Trump lol

Very happy with the 4 points but we are playing absolutely sh!t football and not played the 'Richmond Way' All year
Not sure if its the covid interuptions or the players are just not as hungry as they should be but with the way we are playing we are just making up the numbers this year, Need to improve and change our foward entries.

On another note

The sooner the AFL introduce zoning the better , The game has really deteriorated with games when a team is significantly better than the other team
The flooding that occurs is absolutely terrible and frustrating to see 35 players on 1 side of the ground.

Weaker teams that they have no chance of winning if they play attacking football so just play defensive and clog up the backline with 8-9 defenders and try to get their goals when the turn over occurs and run it down as the bombers did tonight.

The Afl needs to either lower the numbers down to 16 players per team on the ground (which i rather they dont) or Have zoning where a team must have 3 players inside their defensive 50 at all times. 6-6-6 has not worked except for the center ball ups where clubs get some free air but with the lower scoring and less goals its just gone back to the same thing.

Where there is a game where both teams are going flat out and are reasonable even the game looks good but like tonights game its just a flooding game and its terrible game and crap to watch.

Im usually conservative and dont want change but its now a must

They talk of omitting Markov and Stack.
They would have to be replaced by pacy players though.
Markov is better than Egg, faster than Ross.
If Stack is sore, then Higgins would replace.
Graham played well, starting to hit his straps.
Cotchin at about 65% game time, was well rested.
Thought he should be.
Hope the WC v GWS and Brisbane v St K matches are damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The beauty of our system is if we get the ball in relatively fast to a sparse open forward line with Lynch, or Jack, one out, they are hard to beat.
WC are in good form, but were fortunate to defeat the Cats, they led for three quarters.
Four mids of Sheed, Kelly, Shuey and Gaff to watch out for.
Need Aarts to apply the rough stuff, Graham too.

Last edited:
Interesting how Dimma paid tribute to Rutten and Cara.
Said the league is copycat at times.
Both teams adapt tactical ideas off each other.
Was surprised they slotted Ridley back in full defence at times, would have pushed to a higher half back flank.

Last edited:
What do you suggest he do?

When oppo is flooding more hardcore than Wallace in 2000
I would bring back Caddy and Higgins as forwards. George is horribly out of form and Aart not good enough.

Then I guess you gotta work on forward 50 entries for the mids, and the talls have got to bring the ball to ground more often.

Tough watch.
Don’t think we are in the mix this year but that’s how it is.
Still beats being rubbish!
I definitely reckon we're in the mix! Who is better than us? I'd be confident against anyone but West Coast, which I think would be 50/50

I think we have played a lot of other teams at the wrong time of year. We got St Kilda, Hawthorn, Port, Gold Coast, Essendon, Collingwood, GWS all when they were in good form and some of them played their granny against us. Oppo teams always turn up against us.

Not to mention our great finals record.

Tough watch.
Don’t think we are in the mix this year but that’s how it is.
Still beats being rubbish!
Don’t look like it atm... nank Prestia Edwards add a lot but might be too late..
bombing inside 50 and our small forwards just don’t hit the scoreboard anymore. We will find out a lot next week vs eagles

I definitely reckon we're in the mix! Who is better than us? I'd be confident against anyone but West Coast, which I think would be 50/50

I think we have played a lot of other teams at the wrong time of year. We got St Kilda, Hawthorn, Port, Gold Coast, Essendon, Collingwood, GWS all when they were in good form and some of them played their granny against us. Oppo teams always turn up against us.

Not to mention our great finals record.
Geelong are 2 lengths in front of anyone atm...

but things change fast, injuries gonna continue to rack up in the league. if we get our mid to forward connection better we big chance still

On this years form Eagles , Port , Cats are all ahead of us in form
But when you get to the big dance anything can happen just ask Cows & Plastic's

But the team just doesnt have the flowing synergy this year and hope that we are slowly getting to this, Eagles loss wont be the end of the world but if we beat 1 of Cats /Eagles there is a good chance we make top 4 and i would be alot more comfortable with that position

Very happy with the 4 points but we are playing absolutely sh!t football and not played the 'Richmond Way' All year
Not sure if its the covid interuptions or the players are just not as hungry as they should be but with the way we are playing we are just making up the numbers this year, Need to improve and change our foward entries.

I thought in these humid conditions we played relatively well. The only reason it wasn't a belting was our shots on goal were abysmal.
66 inside '50s to 24 is total domination. I look at ball movement and thought our forward handball game is coming back.
33 more contested possessions is a killing at the coal face. 10 tackles inside fwd 50 to bombers zero.

Making up the numbers mate we are positioning ourselves for an assault like we did last year, likely top 4 finish. Winning 2 of the last 3 flags tells us come the business end we know the boys we go another gear that i have no doubt.

Port on top but they too have had some close calls to teams out of the 8 beat blues after the siren, just beat the hawks. And let's not forget got belted by cats.
We smashed lions and lions just beat north by a point. They are the top 2 teams and have also looked shaky in games, its wide open.
Cats are playing well but not sure if they will capitulate as they normally do of late in finals.

The Eagles now coming back to the hub, won't have the sanctuary of OS with their home crowd and umpires in their back pocket lol.
Remaining games at Metricon (not sure on crows) and likely finals at the gabba, I would feel very confident playing there.

We have found some players, Balta has taken his opportunity, as has Bolton. Aarts and Markov look lively. Nank coming back v eagles. Asbury after the bye, Edwards RD 18 and Prestia RD18 or first week of finals. Others waiting in the wings Caddy, Higgins etc

What I will agree with are our forward entries. To much bombing into fwd 50 but in the 2d half we did lower our eyes and hit up some leads which led to kicking some set shot goals. If we can somehow polish up those forward 50 entries watch out. We have time before finals to fine-tune it.

Last edited:
Geelong are 2 lengths in front of anyone atm...

but things change fast, injuries gonna continue to rack up in the league. if we get our mid to forward connection better we big chance still

Geelong did this during the home and away last year though.

I think in a final we would start slight favourites.

Would be a huge task for Balta on Hawkins. I reckon our midfield would get on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back