Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 13 vs Essendon & changes for round 14 vs West Coast

Best vs Dons

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurley hysterically throws his head back in severe pain looking for the ump and miraculously recovers when the ump gives him nothing - but Tom Lynch to come under MRP scrutiny and Grimes gets all the flopping hate mail 🥴
And Vlaustin flicks his head back after contact by Bellchambers, is awarded a 50 meter penalty and the commentators claim staging. We all see the same things but some edit out more bits than others.

How are you going to nullify Nic, Shuey, Kelly and co? Hopefully Yeo will be back by then. He was listed as an emergency. Your forward line and ours are the best in the AFL. Our back line is solid. Pretty good match up of two very good sides I would say.
Mate, will you **** off to your own thread or is that 2 hours behind as well?

Did what we had to do in bloody hot conditions against a team that was desperate for a win considering all the changes they made.

Forget the scoreboard, we completely controlled that game. Contested possessions and I50s show that we were far more dominant. Not every game that a team will kick 10.1. Their goals in the last and a bit in the 3rd came from them taking extreme risks thru the middle. Luckily for them it paid off, however it goes slightly the other way and we turn it over and score ourselves, likely turning it into a 40+ point which was about what it should have been.

Yeah we're not playing fantastic and we could definitely improve our finishing, but it's effort, not execution that is most important. You can control effort, and we've been fantastic at it for the last 6+ weeks. It's clear that everyone is fighting out there.

Looking at GC and Ess, there was no point in that game that I felt we were in trouble. That's the kind of control/gameplan that we want to see as fans. Definitely some 2019 vibes about that. Even though the other team is close, we are in control.

As for the Lynch/Vlas/Grimes controversies:

Lynch - nothing in it. Hurley tried punching Lynch's dodgy hand, Lynch pushed him with his wrist, Hurley staged trying to win a free kick.

Vlas - debatable if the contact was high. It might have just clipped him on the chin which would be a definite 50. Extremely lazy by Bellchambers to just leave his arm out though. What does he expect? Additionally, Vlas was running back with the flight, eyes on the ball. Any contact is going to be exaggerated because you're not expecting it. Put yourself in his shoes, yourun back, and all of a sudden cop a hand/fist to the neck or whatever. I'd react too if I was Vlastuin. Imagine if that got him square in the face. Bellchambers would be looking at a definite suspension.

Grimes - Pretty clear shove in the back by Stringer, particularly with Grimes running full tilt at the ball.

Desperately needing Sheds, Dion and Nank to return before finals otherwise we’re just making up the numbers.
I think we could still win without them but not without a fit and firing cotch. He and graham become so important without Prestia. They can Release Martin and Bolton to do their best. Lambert is the other one for me. His two way running is essential without dion.

Our best footy is electric. Weve been doing it without these blokes for most of the year and sit third. Need to clean up fwd entries and midfield clearances but systems are holding up. I'm worried Prestia and Astbury won't make it back. That just means a medallion for Balta and Aarts...

Ok i got to ask, why do this? You know it'll get locked. What's even the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you suggest he do?

When oppo is flooding more hardcore than Wallace in 2000

probably not the thread for this but since flooding is such a richmond counter measure, I can’t help thinking the AFL should make use of technology (like the goal replay - but something that is useful and would work) to assist the game as a spectacle. Each player has a GPS. It would be quite simple to have a real time evaluation if say 10 or more are in forward (or defensive if oppo) 50. Have some sensible limit and call a free if exceeded. An argument may be the crowd may not know what the free is for - ok, so have a counter or some indication on the scoreboard. Anyway, just an idea to open up play and solve congestion. Cue the AFL hate richmond wont be considered logic - which I also see as bs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bummers board is the best. I’ve always hated that mob. They had the best team in history in 2000 and only took the 1 flag. They’ve always been an entitled club. Just look how they handled the drug saga. Yeah we had some lucky umpiring calls but don’t let that distract you from the fact we dominated the game from start to finish.

I’m pushing the mental health angle on twitter today. Every post i see about Lynch or Dylan and Grimes, gonna push back on them. And i’m gonna use this screen shot to drive it. What’s their accountability in whipping up the frenzy? 53FFB019-C0C7-4433-8797-4D448AE7C4CF.png

probably not the thread for this but since flooding is such a richmond counter measure, I can’t help thinking the AFL should make use of technology (like the goal replay - but something that is useful and would work) to assist the game as a spectacle. Each player has a GPS. It would be quite simple to have a real time evaluation if say 10 or more are in forward (or defensive if oppo) 50. Have some sensible limit and call a free if exceeded. An argument may be the crowd may not know what the free is for - ok, so have a counter or some indication on the scoreboard. Anyway, just an idea to open up play and solve congestion. Cue the AFL hate richmond wont be considered logic - which I also see as bs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah, it’s the tactical evolution of the game. The opposition is just doing what we do at the other end of the ground. We defend in our forward half, they are defending in their back half. If we jump to ban any tactical evolutions the game is going to get incredibly boring.

Stringer throwing punches because he is too slow keep up with play

If stringer gets a fine for that literal tap the comp is ****ed.

Hurley plays with fire and cries like a bitch when he gets burnt. He's lucky lynch wasnt actually trying to punch him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back