Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 13 vs Essendon & changes for round 14 vs West Coast

Best vs Dons

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know where Chol fits in, he isn't a ruckmans a-hole and doesn't apply any body pressure around contests.
I feel sorry for Soldo he has played a lone hand for weeks now and looks completely cooked.
We just need to go back to Nank and Soldo as a duo.
Chol and Aarts are on shin ice I have a massive question mark on both of them.
Aarts has been playing his role perfectly imo
He goes hard and applies massive tackles, whenever he scores a few goals is a bonus so he’s safe for mine

As for Chol I love what he brings but it’s just not enough throughout the games, if CCJ didn’t have his foot injury he would of been swapped already and Chol will make way for nank when he’s back so we can continue to play two rucks

Ground out the W and got a valuable 4p, certainly sporting of us to keep them in the game , how often are you plus 44 i50s and win by only 12p
Pls do to see Rioli play much better, make me think more effort req most of the time
HTF do the umpires miss Riewoldt free in opening minutes on goal line , front on contact defender back to the ball whole time
Get cads back in the side , stack not doing enough , I’ve kept that on the level too . I reckon chol might be dropped for nank
Oh and ivy played a belter , 17p, 12 of contested
Well done boys , good W , plenty of room for improvement

I just don't know where Chol fits in, he isn't a ruckmans a-hole and doesn't apply any body pressure around contests.
I feel sorry for Soldo he has played a lone hand for weeks now and looks completely cooked.
We just need to go back to Nank and Soldo as a duo.
Chol and Aarts are on shin ice I have a massive question mark on both of them.
Tend to agree.Chol just doesn't get involved enough.He'll make way for Nank for sure.
Aarts is a battler who gives 100% but doesn't bring much to the table.
I find it interesting that some want George dropped.Yet in the 1st half he was down back breaking lines etc.
Can't see Aarts doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree.Chol just doesn't get involved enough.He'll make way for Nank for sure.
Aarts is a battler who gives 100% but doesn't bring much to the table.
I find it interesting that some want George dropped.Yet in the 1st half he was down back breaking lines etc.
Can't see Aarts doing that.
George won’t be dropped, stack aarts and chol under pressure to hold on for mine
Get cads back in the bloody side

The more opposition teams flooding our forward line I see, the more I start wondering if maybe the AFL should consider positional set-up around the game, i feel so dirty even thinking that. The bad teams all do it. Thankfully West Coast and Geelong don't generally do it, but I'm worried about Fremantle and Adelaide. They have first year coaches as well that may consider doing it.

It is what it is however and the team needs to figure out a way around it.
Didn’t that ****wit wankley say 666 was going to end flooding?

it may have in the school yard

Very happy with the 4 points but we are playing absolutely sh!t football and not played the 'Richmond Way' All year
Not sure if its the covid interuptions or the players are just not as hungry as they should be but with the way we are playing we are just making up the numbers this year, Need to improve and change our foward entries.

On another note

The sooner the AFL introduce zoning the better , The game has really deteriorated with games when a team is significantly better than the other team
The flooding that occurs is absolutely terrible and frustrating to see 35 players on 1 side of the ground.

Weaker teams that they have no chance of winning if they play attacking football so just play defensive and clog up the backline with 8-9 defenders and try to get their goals when the turn over occurs and run it down as the bombers did tonight.

The Afl needs to either lower the numbers down to 16 players per team on the ground (which i rather they dont) or Have zoning where a team must have 3 players inside their defensive 50 at all times. 6-6-6 has not worked except for the center ball ups where clubs get some free air but with the lower scoring and less goals its just gone back to the same thing.

Where there is a game where both teams are going flat out and are reasonable even the game looks good but like tonights game its just a flooding game and its terrible game and crap to watch.

Im usually conservative and dont want change but its now a must
I have the ideal solution to this flooding of backline by sheet teams...17 of them! ;) :D ...is to turn over the TV channel and watch NRL..
Or put the media spotlight on the maggotts for their decisions...

Chol or Aarts should be dropped and we desperately need a good small forward.

Chol is too hot and cold, inconsistent player. Can't wait to see nank back in the side
How crazy is it, that now we are in search of another small forward when that spot used to be a point of strength on the list. Im not saying that blokes like butler and stengle are the best but makes you think, would they be given a go if they were still around?

Can understand why a few in here are a little apprehensive about our premeirship chances this year, but given what the club has faced. Late start to preseason, injuries, hub life, no Melbourne games I think they have done well considering and again we have unearthed another gem in Balta through injury.

Cotch and Graham were great last night as was Soldo who carried the weight of the ruck work with Chol missing in action. The bloke really needs Nank back.

Martin starting to turn it on and Bolton's second half was great.

If they can tidy up the inside 50 issue we are going to be a serious threat again. That's two weeks in a row where the game should have effectively been over at qtr time.

Changes. Broad for Stack and Nank for Chol. George and Aarts also on thin ice.

Liam Baker would be the most improved player in the league not just at Richmond another outstanding game.

Like these changes.
Would bring in Higgins/Caddy for Aarts. Offering nothing the last 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankly I thought we played very well and were only let down by kicking for goal. Expected scores based on location and pressure on shots was 88 to 48, a fair reflection of our dominance. This also somewhat nullifies the “bad forward 50 entries” rhetoric. Sure they need some work, but it was Lynch, Rioli and Stack messing up shots that was the real problem.

With lowly opposition choosing to flood right back it’s making it hard forattacking teams like us to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back