Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

There are two things I know for sure and nothing you say will change my mind.

Spicer is not an AFL footballer. Watching him NOT go for a tackle on the wing to avoid conflict is all I needed to see. Please and goodbye.

LMAC MUST be dropped. The game has gone past him. I have ZERO doubt in my mind he would provide more output as the SUB and/or having bursts in the guts/wing/tagging. The game HAS gone past him. But alas, we dont need him there (rather have greenwood in there), so next season its demote and he has to work on his game/earn his spot.

Ziebell does have skill error issues which is sad but hes NOWHERE near as poor as LMAC on a regular basis.

SOMEONE COME AT ME TO DEBATE THIS AND I'LL HAVE YA.

TT looked very very clever, strong, smart, smooth today. More of this please. CCJ SLOW and unfit (please work on this and provide a chop out for larkey).

Last edited:

LOL the priority pick has been decided for this year the Eagles are getting it that was Rubber Stamped by Eddie the other night
Eagles won 10 games 2 years ago in a single year

We have won 11 games across 4 years

Pretty easy to see they wonā€™t be getting one until we get one

Spicer is not an AFL footballer. Watching him NOT go for a tackle on the wing to avoid conflict is all I needed to see. Please and goodbye.

LMAC MUST be dropped. The game has gone past him. I have ZERO doubt in my mind he would provide more output as the SUB and/or having bursts in the guts/wing/tagging. The game HAS gone past him. But alas, we dont need him there (rather have greenwood in there), so next season its demote and he has to work on his game/earn his spot.

Ziebell does have skill error issues which is sad but hes NOWHERE near as poor as LMAC on a regular basis.

TT looked very very clever, strong, smart, smooth today. More of this please. CCJ SLOW and unfit (please work on this and provide a chop out for larkey).
No point debating you as your spot on with everything thing you said

Thanks for updates today guys. I see we lostā€¦.againā€¦ā€¦that sucks.
Part of me is saying hey we didnā€™t get beltedā€¦..tickā€¦.wooā€¦hooā€¦.
While the other part from reading your posts saysā€¦yeah but we still had the same results from some senior players.
Just another weekendā€¦of silly mistakesā€¦ā€¦sigh.
Well the bye is upon usā€¦.yippeeā€¦.surely we can get the win against them.ā€¦.Fingers crossed.
In all seriousness though after the bye l would love to see the club look at what other youngsters we have Eg Fordy and Prez ect and Go yep your in. Then tap a few other players on the shoulder to say hoo roo to the vfl. At least for a few weeksā€¦.play generation nextā€¦. What else have we got to lose. I would love to see them all together as the ones currently playing are in another world of excitement and desperation. Then l roll out the deck chair and eagerly look forward to what l hope is a ruthless and productive off season.

Ziebell spent some very very long periods on the bench in the last yelling instructions but never looking like getting back on the ground

Wardlaw looked rooted every time he came off. Working hard but not fit enough yet

Clear signs of improvement, the most noticeable being we have assembled some young mids who show the ability to flip the ball by hand with speed to create outside run - Phillips, Sheezel, Powell, Wardlaw (albeit down today), to join Jy (and LDU on return). When they get well oiled, that group will give the likes of Stephenson and Scott a lot to run onto.

The other comment I'd make is CCJ - gives us something structurally, shows glimpses so we need to persist, but the days of the lumbering ruckman are gone. He needs to buckle down to an absolutely flogging in the pre-season to improve his running ability - he could lose a couple of kegs without compromising too much strength, and if that went into improved running, we'll be better off

I think after today I feel like we've officially moved past the 'I hope we don't get flogged by over 40 points again' stage and into the 'I expect that we're in every game and am disappointed when we lose' stage.

Around this time last year we were on about our 9th consecutive 45+ point smashing and had 57 and 112 point losses coming over the following 2 games. Now I feel like we've been in every game over the last month and am disappointed we can't get the win.

Good things are coming but it's about time we turn this competitiveness into wins.
spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing to only lose by 21 points with inside 50s being 72-36.

The inside mids - all of them - were beaten badly. Wardlaw is only in his 5th game or something so it's understandable. The rest - there"s no excuse. Completely outworked and outclassed.

We have liabilities in the backline but 72 inside 50s is mostly the midfield getting belted.

McDonald just isnā€™t built to play on small forwards. Weā€™ve been torched by them pretty much every game except for vs Sydney. Weightman 6, Pickett 3, Cameron 4, Greene 3. We need to find someone to play on these guys. Archer could athletically and mentally do it but heā€™s still a fair bit raw atm.

The loss begins and ends with conceding nine scoring shots to a B grade small forward.
come on, we all like to hate smart arses, so I'm with your angst, but he's better than B Grade. McKay all but broke him in half and Weightman still got up and kicked a check side from 40. We'd die for that kind of small forward

What is a Paul Curtis? I think we donā€™t play him to his strengths at all. Noble funnily enough seemed to. He is not a small forward, he is not quick and he struggles to read the ball off the hands. He is a mid sized marking forward. We need to use him better or he will remain irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not getting flogged is nice. Wasn't so long ago you'd be brave to pencil us in for more than 2 goals a quarter and every forward kicked a bag against us. Especially against a side that's beaten up on us more than others, really good to keep fighting to the end and keep the margin relatively respectable. Winning is better obviously but you can see the improvement.
Just got back from game, it didnā€™t feel like it there, but the scoreboard flatters us a bit. They had 30 scoring shots to 19. Couldā€™ve been uglier

McDonald just isnā€™t built to play on small forwards. Weā€™ve been torched by them pretty much every game except for vs Sydney. Weightman 6, Pickett 3, Cameron 4, Greene 3. We need to find someone to play on these guys. Archer could athletically and mentally do it but heā€™s still a fair bit raw atm.
Well one thing you know about Archer is he loves a one on one contest. I was out at Coburg today, and Archer is looking a dead-set specimen, wide at the shoulders and slim at the hips. Hope he makes it

come on, we all like to hate smart arses, so I'm with your angst, but he's better than B Grade. McKay all but broke him in half and Weightman still got up and kicked a check side from 40. We'd die for that kind of small forward
Can't remember him ever playing particularly well against a top 8 side.

Working hard but not fit enough yet
This is the side at the moment.

Be interested to understand when the first time we put Thomas into the middle was because it seemed like it wasnā€™t until the last that he was in there consistently.

Instead of that we kept kids running through there and made them do the heavy lifting. And we were Largely in the contest.

This year clearly not about Ws and Ls. And geez a W would be bloody good. We are inching ever closer to one. More than that the kids that were pumping that time into are going to be bloody good.

Come on guys I want someone to tell me we need to persist with Spicer because of his forward pressure I need a good laugh
Iā€™ve been saying it for months heā€™s a spud offers Jack shit . Bring in thst Hansen kid and Harvey . Between him and MacDonald heck ..

Footscray celebrating like they won by 10 goals. They struggled to beat a very ordinary NM by 21 points. Frustrating that we can still be in touch at the end but look like we were well beaten. I am hoping that is actually a positive for us. I am confused.
What do we expect from a team that hasnā€™t had an original idea sinceā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. yep let them because they certainly arenā€™t the driving force they think they areā€¦ good ole foota scaryā€¦.tin rattlers.
Weā€™re getting closer slowly at mind numbing paceā€¦and they know it deep down.

We played very well in patches but their midfield in the end overwhelmed us. Did very well to stay in it, and the atmosphere was electric when Larkey kicked that goal in the 3rd to bring us back within a kick. All the momentum going our way and then that McKay turnover late in the quarter. What was he thinking? Game effectively over.

Also Weightman is just not that good. If we had a half decent defender that could lock him down, all he becomes is a little turd who plays for free kicks. Makes today all the more galling.

This club breaks me. Is it too much to to ask to win a game? Iā€™m just about past the point of seeing the positives between the trees (not sure if that makes sense).
Rubbish re weightman. If we had a young small fwd taking hangers, kicking 6 and kicking straight there would be a thread 200 pages long saying how great he is and will be.
Kid can play

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back