Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

come on, we all like to hate smart arses, so I'm with your angst, but he's better than B Grade. McKay all but broke him in half and Weightman still got up and kicked a check side from 40. We'd die for that kind of small forward
Surely you know by now that all opposition players are useless and all our players are superstars

Dumb errors cost us and we were completely outplayed in the middle. Aside from Will, none of our permanent mids touched it 20 times. Jy had 19, Powell and Greenwood only 12 each, Wardlaw just the 9. Not going to do too well in there when you aren't getting much of the footy.

Thomas and Sheezel were solid, and probably need to spend more time in the forward 50 to give us something in there.

I'd like to see Goater (when fit again), Archer and Bergman get a consistent run at it in the defensive 50, in place of Lmac, Ziebell and Corr. Get games into the kids, because the older guys are leaking goals anyway so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Take Watson with pick 2 and bring in George next season to bolster that forward line. Said it in the match thread, but think we need to look at using draft picks to trade for a more established key forward. Need a lot more than Larkey down there long term.

McDonald just isn’t built to play on small forwards. We’ve been torched by them pretty much every game except for vs Sydney. Weightman 6, Pickett 3, Cameron 4, Greene 3. We need to find someone to play on these guys. Archer could athletically and mentally do it but he’s still a fair bit raw atm.
If any of our small forwards got three kicks in a game we'd be shocked.

If LMac wasn't his father's son, would he be considered best 22 let alone captain material?

I think after today I feel like we've officially moved past the 'I hope we don't get flogged by over 40 points again' stage and into the 'I expect that we're in every game and am disappointed when we lose' stage.

Around this time last year we were on about our 9th consecutive 45+ point smashing and had 57 and 112 point losses coming over the following 2 games. Now I feel like we've been in every game over the last month and am disappointed we can't get the win.

Good things are coming but it's about time we turn this competitiveness into wins.
I’m not even disappointed when we lose.

We’re building towards wins.

We’re at honourable losses. The next bit is inconsistent wins.

Then the fun starts.

Been a long time with f***all light at the end of the tunnel. Well wins are in the post now.

Dumb errors cost us and we were completely outplayed in the middle. Aside from Will, none of our permanent mids touched it 20 times. Jy had 19, Powell and Greenwood only 12 each, Wardlaw just the 9. Not going to do too well in there when you aren't getting much of the footy.

Thomas and Sheezel were solid, and probably need to spend more time in the forward 50 to give us something in there.

I'd like to see Goater (when fit again), Archer and Bergman get a consistent run at it in the defensive 50, in place of Lmac, Ziebell and Corr. Get games into the kids, because the older guys are leaking goals anyway so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Take Watson with pick 2 and bring in George next season to bolster that forward line. Said it in the match thread, but think we need to look at using draft picks to trade for a more established key forward. Need a lot more than Larkey down there long term.

Need more run off HB and the middle otherwise a tall forward won’t be effective. Fix the cake first then worry about the icing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think our defense was as bad as some are saying, the Dogs had 72 inside 50's and we were able to repel them more often than not, they really only looked uncompetitive when the Dogs were able to break through the middle quickly and create the extra player. I do agree with the need for a medium sized defender who can player on third rate footballer like Weightman, perhaps Goater could be that player, when he gets back on the field.

I thought our midfield was a little disappointing, they were outplayed by a bigger, stronger unit that has been together for almost a decade and we just couldn't stick our tackles and stop them from getting their arms free and the handballs out. Also being a young unit, they looked a little tired at times so the bye couldn't come at a better time to give the likes of Sheezel, Wardlaw, Phillips and Powell a bit of a break.

There were a few costly errors in the first half that cost us goals, perhaps if we were able to convert them it may have been a different result, but once again we have shown ourselves to be a competitive team against a top 8 side, so despite another disappointing defeat we are at least heading in the right direction. But my God, it would be nice to have a win sometime soon, these honourable losses are just as frustrating as weekly heavy defeats of last season, although more entertaining. :)

And Larkey is equal second in the Coleman, despite being double teamed he continues to fight for every opportunity.

There is a lot of stick-in-the-mud posting, people reacting like we just got done by 100 points. I am really happy how we played, we obviously have a long way to go but we basically have no worthwhile senior players over 25.

I guess when we’ve sucked for so long all that is left for some is to pot the opposition players and the umps
I look at at our backline and just weep
Slow, not young and can’t hit targets thro the centre of the ground

AFL app saying Ford didn't lay a tackle. That can't be right can it? I felt he was throwing is body around and applying heaps of pressure

Also for of McKays good work, he has to be the dumbest decision maker with the ball. 7 turnovers at 58 percent yuck
Bit off a few huge mouthfuls going into the passage, didnt look like good options

I actually thought that was a good performance. We did very well in that first quarter, but what's better is that every time they got a few goals on us we did well to wrestle the momentum back our way.

We still need to put in 4 qtr performances, but at least the thumpings are seemingly behind us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back